PDA

View Full Version : How can I make my hair less fluffy?

EuRo
August 31st, 2016, 12:00 AM
My hair is really thick and once it dries out after I take a shower it gets all fuzzy and fluffy so I have to keep it in a ponytail. What products can be used to make my hair softer and less fuzzy?

Thanks!

Flapjack
August 31st, 2016, 12:01 AM
Are you using a good conditioner?

Dalcourt
August 31st, 2016, 09:29 PM
Moisturize your hair more...there are millions of products depending on the quality of your hair.
Sometimes another haircut also helps to make it less fluffy.

everlong
September 1st, 2016, 05:55 PM
I have a very similar, if not, the same problem you do. I wear a beanie for 30-60 min after drying my hair and that does the trick best.

Phosphene
September 1st, 2016, 06:00 PM
Do you let it dry naturally or use a hair-dryer? What works for me is after I shower, I braid it while it's still wet and let it dry naturally. Unless I shower in the morning (which is rare), then I just do whatever style I want to do that day and it's all right.

Barbara.
September 1st, 2016, 06:13 PM
Do you let it dry naturally or use a hair-dryer? What works for me is after I shower, I braid it while it's still wet and let it dry naturally. Unless I shower in the morning (which is rare), then I just do whatever style I want to do that day and it's all right.
I also do this but i also use a conditioners to help on tame it and lessons fly away hair. I hate bad hair days.

Phosphene
September 1st, 2016, 07:43 PM
I also do this but i also use a conditioners to help on tame it and lessons fly away hair. I hate bad hair days.

Me too. I don't have many though despite my curly hair that does what it wants, I will conquer xD. I also forgot to say that every night after showering I put a leave-in conditioner on my ends and some of my length to keep them moisturized, because those get dry the easiest.

EuRo
September 2nd, 2016, 02:39 PM
Do you let it dry naturally or use a hair-dryer?

I let it dry naturally. I sometimes use a comb after I shower to get some of the water out, and to straighten my hair.

Also thanks for the replies. I use a conditioner (I forgot the name of it) and I used extra of it this morning and that helped a little bit but my hair is still coarse and still fairly fuzzy.

What are some brands/types that help with fuzzy hair?

ariannak
September 4th, 2016, 03:39 AM
Try a sulfate-free shampoo(read labels) and a conditioner. Worked with me

Iri_dium
September 29th, 2016, 05:40 PM
My hair is really thick and once it dries out after I take a shower it gets all fuzzy and fluffy so I have to keep it in a ponytail. What products can be used to make my hair softer and less fuzzy?

Thanks!

I agree with the previous responses, try to dry it naturally ;) I have such problems sometimes too when I use the hairdryer, maybe it'll help you :) Also combing the wet hair is rather effective :)
And for making it softer (and probably more healthier) I can recommend you to buy a good organic shampoo/conditioner like on this site http://machohairstyles.com/best-shampoo-for-men/, such products with natural oils are very good :)
For example, I tried this one and it also helped me to restore my hair greatly after several bleachings :rolleyes:

http://machohairstyles.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/KS-Shampoo.jpg