PDA

View Full Version : Pale, anxious, school

Microcosm
August 30th, 2016, 08:44 PM
I haven't been doing too hot these past 3 weeks, VT. Lemme tell ya.

School is exciting and all. I like my teachers and bullying has been minimal so far. One problem is that I drive two of my friends from school in the afternoon, and I just got my license a few months ago. I'm by no means a fantastic driver and I have had this condition that arose from a close call while driving once.

I was turning onto this busy road and, basically, my sense of distance hasn't really formed too well for driving, so I turned out and almost got hit. I didn't get hit, but both my friends were in the car and it scared the sh*t out of us. Since then, I've started taking an easier route and driving hasn't been too stressful, although elements of stress are still there.

There is this weird thing that has been happening since that incident though.

For about two to three days after it, my stomach kept dropping every 5 to 10 minutes. Because of that and my not eating much (I've made some progress in that respect, let it be noted), blood would rush to my stomach and I'd be pale. It was horrendous. I kept thinking about it over and over again. Now, it's not as bad, but it's still sort of happening--except I'm not even thinking about the near crash when it happens. I'm not really thinking of anything in particular... My stomach just drops. It is much less frequent as well.

The day of the near accident, when I got home, I felt nearly paralyzed. I was pale asf and felt like dying. I legitimately just wanted to lay down and forget about everything. I was so guilty, pale, and unhappy. I slept for 12 to 13 hours until I had to wake up for the next school day.

So, in short, here's the deal:
-I have 4 AP classes that are somewhat stressful.
-I'm pretty new to driving and still acquiring skills. I can drive, of course, but it is stressful and can be difficult sometimes.
-I probably don't eat as much as I should, but I've made progress--I used to eat literally nothing for three days on end during the Summer. It was pretty bad, I think. Now, I eat every day at least once.
-My stomach is dropping every once and a while, making me pale in the face.

Flapjack
August 30th, 2016, 10:44 PM
Congrats on getting you license!:) I have been through stuff in my life that will traumatise me and I will have all the symptoms you havve for a few weeks buddy but after that it goes away :) I doubt you have PTSD as you are not having flashbacks or nightmares :)

jamie_n5
August 31st, 2016, 10:52 AM
I don't fully understand what your stomach dropping thing is. I think that you should really see your doctor. By getting pale and feeling funny is not a good thing. Talk to your parents about this and again I think you should see a doctor.