PDA

View Full Version : Bad skin? Help - calling all teen girls!

dtmitdl
August 30th, 2016, 04:45 AM
Hi, I'm 15 and suffering from a case of bad skin. On top of that I can't help but pop my spots - I know I shouldn't because it only makes it worse but I can't help myself. Can anyone tell me how to stop? Even better is anyone going through the same thing? or does anyone know skin fixes? - it makes me not want to leave the house and sometimes I'm seriously depressed about it, please help!

I'd really appreciate any help, thanks.

AmyUK
August 30th, 2016, 11:51 AM
Hi :) I went through about 6 months of this, finishing up about a year ago. It wasn't too bad for me but not pleasant. Nothing will really stop it (as far as I know). I used various types of facial cleansers, all of which helped pretty much the same amount and they helped a bit. I was also really bad at popping them :$ but I don't really have any scarring from it. Try and find a cleanser specifically aimed at teenage skin. Otherwise my advice is to sit it out I'm afraid :( I know it sucks but it will go away, and most teens go through it at some point I think.

Kawaii Bean
August 30th, 2016, 12:57 PM
Ugh, acne. I hate it. Who doesn't? Lol, anyway. The only way to stop popping the pimples is to MAKE yourself stop. You also need some good motivation because well, don't you want good skin? LEAVE THE PIMPS ALONE, DUDE :metal:

For treatment meaning marks/scars or just common breakouts, etc I advice you ask for a subscription of Retin-A from your doctor, which is what I use for my acne marks, and this medicine works so well. But, it takes time for results. You have to have patience.

Good luck.

AmyUK
August 30th, 2016, 01:12 PM
Okay Kawaii's reply is much more helpful than mine, take her advice!! :D

Amethyst Rose
August 30th, 2016, 09:08 PM
DO NOT pick at them. Yes, it can be a bad habit to break, but the germs on your hands and under your fingernails can make things much woose for you. I would advise if your acne is very bad and regular cleansers aren't helping, see a dermatologist and have them prescribe a stronger cream. I deal with some acne; my skin is prone to it and I live in a humid are which does not help with oil/acne, I feel your pain. Good luck! c: