PDA

View Full Version : How to increase the curls in my hair ?

Danielle DaniYell
August 29th, 2016, 01:39 PM
Hi , I'm a boy with shoulder length curly hair, but they are not very curly . I mean , I want them to be more curly then they presently are . I mean , I don't want an afro or somehing , just very curly hair . So, how shall I get my hair to be more curly ? What is the easiest and what is the most permanent method ?

Flapjack
August 29th, 2016, 01:40 PM
Try a curling iron buddy :)
http://demandware.edgesuite.net/aabj_prd/on/demandware.static/-/Sites-SBS-SallyBeautySupply/default/dw9e83a476/images/large/SBS-301179.png
Basically you wrap hair around it and heat it up and it curls :) Not permanent but I hope this helps :)

lemondrop
August 29th, 2016, 02:49 PM
there's a technique when you go to bed (sleep) with wet hair, and when you wake up you have deeeem curlzzz girlllll ,try to google that one, my friend( female ) told me this :D

Babs
August 29th, 2016, 04:24 PM
I don't recommend sleeping with wet hair, that will give you frizzy hair and a bad hair day in general. Instead, you could try braiding your hair while it's wet and taking it out when it's dry. You could put them in before bed and take them out in the morning, as that will give it plenty of time to stick. Bonus, no heat damage to your hair with this method.

Danielle DaniYell
August 29th, 2016, 09:26 PM
I don't recommend sleeping with wet hair, that will give you frizzy hair and a bad hair day in general. Instead, you could try braiding your hair while it's wet and taking it out when it's dry. You could put them in before bed and take them out in the morning, as that will give it plenty of time to stick. Bonus, no heat damage to your hair with this method.

there's a technique when you go to bed (sleep) with wet hair, and when you wake up you have deeeem curlzzz girlllll ,try to google that one, my friend( female ) told me this :D

I don't know anything about this technique . Do you just wet your hair before sleeping , and you get the curls ?:what::what::what:

Phosphene
August 29th, 2016, 09:41 PM
I don't know anything about this technique . Do you just wet your hair before sleeping , and you get the curls ?:what::what::what:

I second this method of braiding hair when it's wet, leaving it in overnight, and taking it out when it's dry. To answer your question, you could shower at night and then braid it afterwards.

Dalcourt
August 29th, 2016, 10:31 PM
Why don't you just search on YouTube there are millions of video tutorials on stuff like that. My female friends watch tons of them.
One of my friends always curls up small strands of hair into some sort of spiral and fixes it to the head with a bobby pin...looks ridiculous but works.
Otherwise I don't have any personal tips since my hair is extremely currently naturally.

Danielle DaniYell
August 29th, 2016, 10:52 PM
Why don't you just search on YouTube there are millions of video tutorials on stuff like that. My female friends watch tons of them.
One of my friends always curls up small strands of hair into some sort of spiral and fixes it to the head with a bobby pin...looks ridiculous but works.
Otherwise I don't have any personal tips since my hair is extremely currently naturally.

Thanks for advice .
Actually the reason I put it here is because there are plenty of ways of curling it like I want , but I wanna know the most effective way . And one you don't have to do everyday , I mean a little permanent .

Dalcourt
August 30th, 2016, 02:07 AM
Thanks for advice .
Actually the reason I put it here is because there are plenty of ways of curling it like I want , but I wanna know the most effective way . And one you don't have to do everyday , I mean a little permanent .

If you don't wanna do it like everyday or at least every two days or so there's just the option of chemicals I'd say. You could do a perm I guess but that's not very healthy for your hair but all other methods or hair products I know of are just for keeping your curls for one or two days or so.
And as a whole I guess you have to try out different methods of the non permanent ones cuz it greatly depends on the quality of your hair which will work best.

Danielle DaniYell
August 30th, 2016, 05:05 AM
If you don't wanna do it like everyday or at least every two days or so there's just the option of chemicals I'd say. You could do a perm I guess but that's not very healthy for your hair but all other methods or hair products I know of are just for keeping your curls for one or two days or so.
And as a whole I guess you have to try out different methods of the non permanent ones cuz it greatly depends on the quality of your hair which will work best.

Thanks . But there are so many of them . Which are the methods I shall try though ? There are literally scores .

Dalcourt
August 30th, 2016, 06:41 AM
lolz dunno which methods work best sine I'd never tried since I have afro hair.
my friend does this making spirals and using bobby pins I described above or the sock bun method. she says braiding doesn't work for her...since she doesn't like the results.
but maybe some of the girls you do cheerleading with also have some ideas?

Danielle DaniYell
August 30th, 2016, 08:48 AM
my friend does this making spirals and using bobby pins I described above or the sock bun method. she says braiding doesn't work for her...since she doesn't like the results.

Haha yeah as you said the girls have a lot of ideas . Most of them say that either braiding their hair or simply to hold them in places works with them . Many of them though use rollers , and some even do the bubby pins or sock buns . They told me that using different method everytime will give definitely better results as I'll have to find what suits me . Lol one even uses a headband an then wraps her hair around it using pins and then takes it out after some hours .
so yup thanks for the ideas . :wub::wub::wub:

Danielle DaniYell
August 30th, 2016, 08:52 AM

Haha yeah as you said the girls have a lot of ideas . Most of them say that either braiding their hair or simply to hold them in places works with them . Many of them though use rollers , and some even do the bobby pins or sock buns . They told me that using different method everytime will give definitely better results as I'll have to find what suits me . Lol one even uses a headband an then wraps her hair around it using pins and then takes it out after some hours .
so yup thanks for the ideas . :wub::wub::wub:

Iri_dium
September 23rd, 2016, 06:48 PM
Hi , I'm a boy with shoulder length curly hair, but they are not very curly . I mean , I want them to be more curly then they presently are . I mean , I don't want an afro or somehing , just very curly hair . So, how shall I get my hair to be more curly ? What is the easiest and what is the most permanent method ?

I agree with some previous responses here, a curling iron is really a good idea! ;) I used it too but in my case the effect wasn't very impressive because naturally my hair is very straight :) But it in your case the effect will be much better! ;)
The only unpleasant thing with this stuff is that using it too often can cause some damage to your hair so try not to bee very obsessed with it! ;)
Also you can try the special products for making the curly hair like in this list http://machohairstyles.com/best-curly-hair-products/, they're rather easy in usage but also not so damaging ;)
For example, this brand is very good, one my friend used it and was very satisfied with the result :)

http://machohairstyles.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Pantene-Pro-V-Curl-Enhancer-Spray.jpg

JenniferMaust
October 13th, 2016, 12:42 AM
While sleeping tie you hairs tight.