PDA

View Full Version : What makes you anxious?

Kawaii Bean
August 28th, 2016, 03:20 PM
For me, it's being in a room full of strangers or being outside and people staring at me. I just wish I was invisible.

Atlantis
August 28th, 2016, 06:19 PM
Being around people at school. All the noise really makes me anxious, made worse by the fact that I used to be bullied a lot, and still am. Let's hope that they won't do it again this year.

Phosphene
August 28th, 2016, 07:25 PM
Being around lots of people in one place indoors (if it's outside it doesn't seem so crowded), being around certain people at school, and when people around me argue/fight. Also I get anxiety for no particular reason which really sucks.

Desynchronized
August 28th, 2016, 10:16 PM
Living without any friends. That really hits hard.

Sublime Demonz
August 28th, 2016, 11:05 PM
People. Doesn't matter if I know them or not. Especially if I have to ask them for something or provide a service for them. It terrifies me.

Just JT
August 28th, 2016, 11:19 PM
Being around people at school. All the noise really makes me anxious, made worse by the fact that I used to be bullied a lot, and still am. Let's hope that they won't do it again this year.

I hope they don't as well, that sux they do that, no reason for it. I don't know you real good, but what I do know it those that are bullying you are losing you on knowing someone really nice a very cool IMO

Being around lots of people in one place indoors (if it's outside it doesn't seem so crowded), being around certain people at school, and when people around me argue/fight. Also I get anxiety for no particular reason which really sucks.

I hat crowds to they work me up something terrible...

Living without any friends. That really hits hard.

It does, I've been there. But Jason, friends don't come over night. And I know you have some here, so take that and embrace it bro. We all got something goin on. So if we stick together then....

Emerald Dream
August 28th, 2016, 11:26 PM
Being around people I don't know very well, or being in a group of more than a few people - both make me very anxious. I don't do well with crowds.

Also, deadlines in general...those make me anxious. I'd rather be incredibly early than one minute late when it comes to anything (appointments, meetings, classwork, etc).

AsYouAre
August 29th, 2016, 08:09 AM
Leaving the house, making any sort of contact with, like, everyone that isn't my friend, mum or dad. You think I'm joking -_- but I'm not. The struggle is real.

Babs
August 29th, 2016, 09:58 PM
Thinking about what other people think of me, wondering if I said anything stupid, anything that could be construed as confrontational, feeling inadequate and alienated in general.

Phosphene
August 29th, 2016, 10:05 PM
Thinking about what other people think of me, wondering if I said anything stupid, anything that could be construed as confrontational, feeling inadequate and alienated in general.

This also goes for me. I try not to care what other people are thinking about me, easier said than done.

Dalcourt
August 29th, 2016, 10:18 PM
Anything new in general...if I have to go somewhere new, do something I haven't done before I think about millions of horror scenarios about what could happen.

And being among strangers...I never know how to start a conversation or how to act.

Flapjack
August 30th, 2016, 02:57 AM
Loads of things xD Currently it is mainly meeting people I don't know and worrying about my future.

bougainvillea
October 28th, 2016, 12:34 AM
At the moment for me it's when I have to leave the house or when I have to meet people I don't know very well. I'm also having a lot of exam anxiety and a bad "what if I fail all of my subjects" mindset which is adding onto it.

RavenTheGoddess
December 29th, 2016, 01:15 AM
Everything around me, pretty much. Ever since I was a young kid, I never really had any friends, so I used to pretend everything around me was alive. Unfortunately, that stuck with me and I can't seem to shake it out of my head. I tell myself all the time they aren't real, but somehow the thought sneaks in that anything in my room could be watching me. From my phone to my guitar, it just feels like everything has a mind of their own, and they are whispering negative things about me. Maybe it's my brain's way of dealing with an old issue I used to have with self image and depression, as well as my social anxiety which was never resolved. I don't think of myself like I used to; I'm actually becoming more comfortable with who I am, but because my social anxiety is still there and my brain thinks everything around me is alive, it makes it hard to live life being who I am. And it doesn't help that our house is haunted by the previous owner :mad:.

Trevor.
December 29th, 2016, 05:34 AM
For me, it's being in a room full of strangers or being outside and people staring at me. I just wish I was invisible.

Even thought I don't have anxiety I know how you feel. When I'm performing in a talent show or a solo I get really nervous and I start to freak out. What helps me is imagining everyone in the room is wearing polka dot under wear or something funny. It'll help you see a positive insight of the situation. I hope I helped :)

Atlantis
December 29th, 2016, 11:32 AM
This thread was bumped. :locked2: