PDA

View Full Version : Like androphobia.

Matryoshkasystem
August 28th, 2016, 12:24 AM
For those that don't know Androphobia is the fear of men.
Despite being a guy myself, I just can't interact with guys to save my life. Not that I don't have the skills...I just freak out. Even being around other guys makes me panic. I feel my throat tighten, chest tighten, muscles tighten everything tighten like their either trying to stop me or make me turn around. I shut down in social situation with them, and can't dare think about interacting without some bad mental reaction-either my good thoughts turn bad or just don't happen-. I only just noticed this, and it worries me. For the first few times i was alone with my own dad in the bowlimg alley-not completley alone but just me and him from my family/ no one else bowling with us- i would start to panic and slightly shake.Cause even though I am shy, I don't have a similar reaction when near girls. I also don't know how to aprroach my therapist about this, and ask her is this normal.

Flapjack
August 28th, 2016, 12:26 AM
I would just open about it buddy, she's a therapist, she won't judge!! You need to get this sorted because it will hold you back in life :)

Desynchronized
August 28th, 2016, 10:33 AM
Yeah you should talk with your therapist. She'll probably help.

jamie_n5
September 4th, 2016, 01:46 PM
Well being in fear of guys is definitely not normal. You need to talk to your therapist about this problem. I am guessing that he or she will be able to help you. Good luck.

PlasmaHam
September 4th, 2016, 01:54 PM
You probably might want to talk to a therapist about this. Most phobias are harmless, but this could evolve into full social withdraw, which wouldn't be good. The sooner you talk to someone about this, the better.

500th Post!

Matryoshkasystem
September 5th, 2016, 10:41 PM
PlasmaHam it already has, sorta always was at that point.
@thread I find it kinda funny how my therapist gave me a emotional journal, first and only thing is this. I just don't feel safe if I'm near a guy. Might be slightly due to surgerys-male doctors, invasive checkups-as in people watching and forcibly restrained by males-, and just how unemotional/uncaring all male figures seem to be to me-other than my heart-.