PDA

View Full Version : Should i be ashamed of being in to trains

BNSF8865
August 27th, 2016, 05:56 PM
I've been on the hobby for my whole life,and recently ive noticed people telling me I should be ashamed of being into trains. Should I be or just keep liking them?

Emerald Dream
August 27th, 2016, 07:36 PM
There are a lot of people, including some on this forum, who are into trains and other forms of transportation. It's a pretty interesting subject if you really get into it. It's nothing to be ashamed of at all.

BNSF8865
August 27th, 2016, 07:41 PM
There are a lot of people, including some on this forum, who are into trains and other forms of transportation. It's a pretty interesting subject if you really get into it. It's nothing to be ashamed of at all.

Ok. Yeah its been on my mind a long time

Rockefeller
August 27th, 2016, 08:21 PM
I've been on the hobby for my whole life,and recently ive noticed people telling me I should be ashamed of being into trains. Should I be or just keep liking them?

Not at all, I love trains! I think you should embrace your hobby. Haters gonna hate...

BNSF8865
August 27th, 2016, 08:30 PM
Not at all, I love trains! I think you should embrace your hobby. Haters gonna hate...

What road do you like the most.

Rockefeller
August 27th, 2016, 08:37 PM
What road do you like the most.

Riding in them, admiring beautiful stations, marveling at the feats of engineering used in tunnels & bridges - trains brought all of it about!

ethan-s
August 27th, 2016, 08:48 PM
Why would someone tell you that? Because it is total b.s. just because you like something (unless of course it's illicit like drugs or alcohol) doesn't mean it's a bad thing.

BNSF8865
August 27th, 2016, 08:51 PM
Why would someone tell you that? Because it is total b.s. just because you like something (unless of course it's illicit like drugs or alcohol) doesn't mean it's a bad thing.

cause its not hip

ethan-s
August 27th, 2016, 08:59 PM
So? I don't think I've ever met anyone so self righteous as to tell me that I'm weird and should be ashamed for being into John Deere tractors, or electric trains. Imo, if someone tells you that, you should tell it back to them, about how self righteous they are and so forth.

Ps. In case out were wondering, I don't really have quite favorite road name, as long as I like the particular piece of equipment I don't care about the name. Right now I have mostly santa few but I want to get a BNSF SD40-2 in HO scale.

BNSF8865
August 27th, 2016, 11:05 PM
So? I don't think I've ever met anyone so self righteous as to tell me that I'm weird and should be ashamed for being into John Deere tractors, or electric trains. Imo, if someone tells you that, you should tell it back to them, about how self righteous they are and so forth.

Ps. In case out were wondering, I don't really have quite favorite road name, as long as I like the particular piece of equipment I don't care about the name. Right now I have mostly santa few but I want to get a BNSF SD40-2 in HO scale.

Hey I'm going to a show in a few weeks PM me and I can find a BNSF SD40-2 for ya.

Flapjack
August 27th, 2016, 11:39 PM
Noooo dude never be ashamed of what you like!!:)

eric2001
August 27th, 2016, 11:43 PM
That's who you are. Trains are cool.

Trumpetplayer
August 27th, 2016, 11:47 PM
I've volunteered at a railway museum for nearly 5 years now, we're a dying breed, and that's what makes us who we are. Try getting in loops of railfans and keep in touch with them.

BNSF8865
August 28th, 2016, 12:13 AM
I've volunteered at a railway museum for nearly 5 years now, we're a dying breed, and that's what makes us who we are. Try getting in loops of railfans and keep in touch with them.

I'm I a tour of railfans we are planning a tour for next year

rockstaar
September 1st, 2016, 05:00 AM
Not at all. I don't think there is anything to be ashamed about this.

Abhorrence
September 2nd, 2016, 03:48 AM
Depression, Loss and Grief :arrow: Planes, Trains and Automobiles.

Endeavour
September 2nd, 2016, 07:29 AM
You should be interested in whatever you want :D - Lots of people find it interesting and you shouldn't be ashamed at all :D

Falcons_11
September 2nd, 2016, 10:06 PM
No..I don't think you should be ashamed of liking trains. Everyone has his own likes and dislikes. Myself I like aviation and I'm not ashamed to sat it.

Madison78
September 4th, 2016, 12:11 AM
I love trains and i'm really interested in them! I dont know any other girls that are as interested as i am in trains so i'm sometimes shy to admit it, but theres nothing wrong with liking them! Instead of playing with barbies and dolls and stuff as a little girl i would create elaborate tracks with my brios, my dad also has an elaborate setup of lionel trains that we would (and still do) work on & play with together. He will also take me to train museums sometimes! Its a great and very special bonding experience for us!

WhoWhatWhen
September 4th, 2016, 12:50 AM
Of course not! You do what you want and ignore what they say. If it keeps you happy and entertained, just do it. It's not hurting anyone. :metal:

phuckphace
September 4th, 2016, 03:14 AM
as long as you don't sexually identify as a steam locomotive you're good

Brieftime
September 4th, 2016, 07:47 AM

Your a railroader of course your into trains. Who cares what someone else is into.

JohnC
September 4th, 2016, 11:49 AM
Yeah don't let people tell you what to like. I like looking at model trains. I like reading and one of my friends said that was "nerdy". Different interests make us the interesting people that we are.

Muddy Sneakers
November 14th, 2016, 09:54 PM
Nothing to be ashamed of. Lots of people think trains are glamorous or romantic. One of my favorite books was Nothing Like it in the World by Ambrose, about the transcontinental railway.

Mars
November 15th, 2016, 04:47 PM
Please don't bump threads with two or more months of inactivity :locked: