PDA

View Full Version : How's school going?

TheFutureDoctor
August 27th, 2016, 08:27 AM
Mine is going shit except the practicals and the physics. Practical periods just started and I have done Physics and Chemistry so far. Since it was the first one, chem was quite simple, making a 0.1 M solution of oxalic acid in 250 ml of water. Will be doing salt analysis from next Saturday hopefully.

Physics we had the Parallelogram law of vector addition (gravesand's apparatus you know). It was all very well (though I and my partner were getting 5 N errors in the measurement and true value) until I checked our final stone ton be measured on a spring balance. We had a heart attack to see we had got 270 N while the balance showed 135 N! I was almost dashing out of the room in fright tbh in fear of sir. Stayed back half an hour, did that sh*t approx. 4-5 times but kept getting errors.
Finally, cool as a cucumber, sir walks up and checks the spring balance and declares "It's faulty, you don't need to verify the stone". I dropped to the ground (mentally of course :P ) in relief. Those were the longest 30 mins of my life!

Apart from that, my chem teacher is shit. She is adamant transition elements are metalloids (wtf??? Anyone knows they are metals!!). And she does many mistakes while teaching I dunno what the principal was thinking when he appointed her. :mad:
Bio sir is making me sleep (boring classes) and math mam is grinding us in HW. Physics sir is pretty decent actually.

How's your school going?

Flapjack
August 27th, 2016, 08:35 AM
Why so worried about the practicals? Are they assessed?

My school life is going meh tbh xD

Oh and transitions metals are metalloid ;) I personally always call them metals and you treat them as metals, don't get why she is calling them metalloids.

Have you done the different orbitals? All the 1s2 2s2 stuff?

I can tell you're very passionate about science!!:)

Amethyst Rose
August 27th, 2016, 09:05 AM
My school is going great so far, better than I expected c:

Jinglebottom
August 27th, 2016, 09:20 AM
Jeez you guys start school really early... I have 9 days to go. :P

Dalcourt
August 27th, 2016, 09:26 AM
Going good so far

Endeavour
August 27th, 2016, 11:22 AM
Still got a week and a half left until I go back to school. I hope this year is going to be good.

Amethyst Rose
August 27th, 2016, 11:26 AM
Jeez you guys start school really late xbob18 Lost Horizon :lol:

Endeavour
August 27th, 2016, 11:28 AM
Jeez you guys start school really late xbob18 Lost Horizon :lol:

Well my summer didn't start until the 19th July, I think you guys were off for a lot longer before that :)

Amethyst Rose
August 27th, 2016, 11:30 AM
Well my summer didn't start until the 19th July, I think you guys were off for a lot longer before that :)

Right, it equals out. We were out in May.

Jinglebottom
August 27th, 2016, 11:42 AM
Right, it equals out. We were out in May.
Lol my summer began in early June. xD 3 months of summer vacation.

Sloth
August 27th, 2016, 01:59 PM
All of my classes are fun except Algebra 2. I was told that the seniors nicknamed my teacher "the GPA killer." We took a quiz yesterday and a girl behind me cried, and its only the 5th day R.I.P

jamie_n5
September 4th, 2016, 02:05 PM
We will start school here on September 6th. I will be a senior this year so looking forward to it.