PDA

View Full Version : The Three Mothers Trilogy

TheSmokingMan
August 25th, 2016, 08:24 PM
I've seriously been enjoying Dario Argento's "Three Mothers Trilogy" and I was curious if there were any horror fans that have seen these films, who love them, hate them, or are totally obsessed with them.

The series consists of:

Suspiria (1977)
Inferno (1980)
and Mother of Tears (2007)

I have seen the first 2 and am sitting down to watch Mother of Tears right now since I (MIRACULOUSLY) have the time.
The whole premise of these three films is that each film deals with a certain witch and her coven(s). Suspiria sees the story of Mater Suspiriorum (The Mother of Sighs), Inferno sees Mater Tenebrarum (The Mother of Shadows), and Mother of Tears features the titular Mater Lachrymarum.
The overarching plot is that these three witches manipulate the feelings of people and events on a global scale.
For any fan, this blood soaked trilogy delivers on every point of a traditional slasher, and then also provides one of the most highly entertaining mythologies I have ever encountered.
(Besides all of that, Inferno managed to give me the biggest jump scare I have ever seen AND it also featured the HANDS DOWN BEST villain monologue I have ever seen. Mater Tenebrarum can really deliver when the floor is hers...)

Let me know thoughts, comments, or if I steered you towards this phenomenal paranormal trilogy from the mind of legendary horror director, Dario Argento.