PDA

View Full Version : New here

katherine stpierre
August 25th, 2016, 07:57 AM
Hi, all. I am new here. I was not the same like this before. I was an addict. I was addicted to alcohol and drugs. It was two months before that I underwent an addiction treatment ( http://edgewoodhealthnetwork.com/i-need-help/#!treatment-plan ) at Edgewood Health network in Seattle and I am happy the treatment I got. I could say no to alcohol and drugs after that. These days I getting depressed. I getting emotional for silly things and I am depressed. I am not able to concentrate on anything. I am feeling as if I am a loser. What could be the reason for this? Why is it so? Should I go for another treatment? Normally, if I am down I would be taking help of alcohol but I am not feeling like having that too after the treatment. What should I do? Should go back to the same addiction treatment again? Because of this mood swings and depressed situation, my boyfriend left me. What could be the actual reason for all this?

Just JT
August 25th, 2016, 08:20 AM
I think how you feel right now is pretty typical and normal for what you've been through. The treatment program I'm sure got you clean and helped you learn somewhat how to deal with triggers and urges such as what it seems like you might be feeling like right now. I'll bet they e said that threat end doesn't end after you leave there to right? That you should continue he with some kinds program, help or something after. Like AA, it's a good program. Have you bee. To one? They have programs for people outlet age to. Al-Ateen I think. It does help, even if to just talk, here's a link that might help. You may need to navigate through to find something for you

http://al-anon.org/for-alateen

jamie_n5
August 25th, 2016, 09:47 AM
JT has some good suggestions there. You could also talk to your doctor about what you are going through and how you feel. They may give you some meds or suggestions to help you too.

kissban
August 27th, 2016, 11:33 AM
Hi :)

Ben7
August 27th, 2016, 01:37 PM
As JT said, I think it is a great idea to talk to people and join a group like AA.

I will also venture to say that perhaps in the past a lot of your time was taken up doing what you said you were doing. And now after the treatment program you don't do it anymore so it may seem as you have a time gap to fill, as you fee like you should or can be doing something else but dont know what. I'm not sure maybe I'm wrong but if this is the case maybe you can try hanging out with friends to pass the time and get your mind away from things that depress you? Or perhaps you can search for a hobby (be it running or reading or writing or swimming, hiking, etc) that you can devote your attention to, something to keep you busy? Anyways I think it may help at least a little if you find some hobby that you enjoy and focus on, or something you can do that will make you think more positively about life in general. Good luck.

jxxx_z
September 13th, 2016, 01:58 PM
You've been through a lot, but you've beaten the addictions, so you are clearly a strong person... Welcome to VT, where you can get all the support you need