PDA

View Full Version : Another police story

Dalcourt
August 23rd, 2016, 08:49 PM
http://abcnews.go.com/US/north-carolina-police-kill-deaf-man-chase/story?id=41580922

This is another example of how police work is done in our country.
So maybe it is really about time to reconsider the training of our police officers?

Just JT
August 23rd, 2016, 08:53 PM
What the actual fuck?

Living For Love
August 24th, 2016, 05:03 AM
The victim is not black, so nobody cares...

PlasmaHam
August 24th, 2016, 06:54 AM
I actually already read that story. Really sad and that police officer should be reprimanded. Mistaking sign language for violence or whatever is just dumb. However, I don't believe that this one incident is proof that the whole system is flawed. That police officer made a huge mistake, but we shouldn't automatically blame the whole department because of it.

Flapjack
August 24th, 2016, 08:06 AM
The police in the US are so trigger happy, I blame the terrible training and how common guns are.

phuckphace
August 24th, 2016, 08:16 AM

he was disabled, though. based on what we know it looks like his disability canceled out his white privilege/not getting killed by cops privilege. RIP

Paraxiom
August 24th, 2016, 04:36 PM

The many beautiful forms of confirmation biases.
(I wouldn't say nobody cares though.)

jamie_n5
August 28th, 2016, 04:53 PM
They have to take every tragic police story and make front page news about it. Truth being said there are very few of these type incidents. They never give you the whole story or background. Now it has turned into open season on our countries cops. So do you really feel that all the crap police have to go through is fair? They are like any other profession. A few bad cops make all of them look bad. I am not a prejudice person at all either and I realize a lot of wrongs have been done to minorities. The sad fact is however the reason that minorities are so involved with police incidents is that most of the crimes are being committed by minorities. It is a shame but it's true.