PDA

View Full Version : No one takes me seriously, no help.

BrokenWingedPegasus
August 23rd, 2016, 09:07 AM
I am depressed, and this is probably being the hardest phase of my depression so far, and no one really helps.
First, I don't know if I should trust my psychologist. I found out, a few days after going there that he had told my mother that I had Schizophrenia (which I don't, I know I don't) and he wanted to send me to psychiatry after ONE day of talking. I don't know how to feel about him. (I also have a strong mentality about not taking antidepressants, but it'd make the thread even bigger)
My mom also doesn't help, since she does many things, but the thread would be huge if I said all of them.. I have no RL friends, and no one really would take me serious if I told them about stuff like this, not to mention that my mom, who's supposed to take me seriously, doesn't really do that... It may not seem like much, but not being able to cry, not being able to express my feelings like I should, no one taking what I feel seriously, makes it really difficult.
I need someone or some sort of help. :(

jamie_n5
August 23rd, 2016, 09:53 AM
Well it is really hard to comment on things like this without knowing you or see how you act and interact with others. I feel for your frustration and how confusing it must be. There must be some reasoning behind all of it I would think. I have been on antidepressants for a little over 2 years. I am in constant pain and it is just part of the normal treatment therapy. It doesn't make you feel any different or anything. It just makes it a little easier to deal with things. I don't tell many people about that I am on them but thought it may make you feel better to know that others are on meds for all kinds of problems. I sure hope that things work out for you man. Feel free to PM me if you ever want to talk.

Desynchronized
August 23rd, 2016, 10:08 AM
Really sorry to hear that. First your psychologist seems very inexperienced. You should talk to your mother about this...these are serious stuff...she must take it seriously. You might do some works that'll make you cheerful. Whatever you prefer, gaming, hiking, exercise,sports anything. And if you want to talk to them there are plenty of nice and awesome members on vt. Keep strong buddy. Hopefully things will be fine. Sorry i couldn't be more of a help.

BrokenWingedPegasus
August 23rd, 2016, 05:47 PM
Really sorry to hear that. First your psychologist seems very inexperienced. You should talk to your mother about this...these are serious stuff...she must take it seriously. You might do some works that'll make you cheerful. Whatever you prefer, gaming, hiking, exercise,sports anything. And if you want to talk to them there are plenty of nice and awesome members on vt. Keep strong buddy. Hopefully things will be
fine. Sorry i couldn't be more of a help.

I know, distracting myself really helps my depression, but it's hard to have motivation to do something and it's hard to find a video I can fully concentrate on so I get distracted, but don't apologize, you were good help and certainly made me smile, thank you! :)

Dalcourt
August 23rd, 2016, 08:25 PM
Well it's really hard to find a good therapist as there are a lot of black sheep among them. So as said before might telling your Mom help. I'm sure she suspected this therapist isn't too competent after talking to him. What did your mom think about the schizophrenia thing?
Trying to distract youself is ok but it just works to a certain degree so you have to know for yourself if you can work on your problems alone or if you need help from another therapist.

BrokenWingedPegasus
August 24th, 2016, 08:11 AM
Well it's really hard to find a good therapist as there are a lot of black sheep among them. So as said before might telling your Mom help. I'm sure she suspected this therapist isn't too competent after talking to him. What did your mom think about the schizophrenia thing?
Trying to distract youself is ok but it just works to a certain degree so you have to know for yourself if you can work on your problems alone or if you need help from another therapist.
She thought he didn't want to have any work,since he just sent me to psychiatry after one session with him.
I know, that's why I have some difficulties to distract myself, and I think I can't solve my problems alone, but I think I can solve them with a good friend and with a good psychologist, which I don't have at the moment.