PDA

View Full Version : Weird music

Barbara.
August 20th, 2016, 06:51 PM
Everone calls me weird and old fashioned cause i only listen to country music. I grew up on country music and thats what i love. I dislike rock,rap ,metal ,pop. Anybody else listens to country.

Michael75
August 20th, 2016, 07:32 PM
I listen to Johnny Cash, if that counts. I love playing his stuff on the guitar. I suppose its what you were brought up with, as you said. I was brought up with Lynyrd Skynyrd and Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix that sort of stuff, and its seen as weird. But I hate the type of shite now a days!

Flapjack
August 20th, 2016, 07:42 PM
That's not weird buddy!! I loveee country music :')

Sublime Demonz
August 20th, 2016, 07:44 PM
Country music is great! Although I listen to a lot of genres of music, I was raised on a lot of country music as well. I don't understand why people get so down on it, but I suppose there are people like that for every genre.

Amethyst Rose
August 20th, 2016, 08:13 PM
I listen to a lot of genres but not country music, it's not weird at all that you do. Everyone's music taste varies. I don't discriminate :)

[QUOTE=Michael75;342056...Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix...[/QUOTE]

I like them :)

everlong
August 20th, 2016, 08:32 PM
I must admit I practically despise country, not to say there's nothing wrong with you liking it. It's not my cup of tea.

Sloth
August 20th, 2016, 09:35 PM
I don't like country, but it isn't weird in the slightest. It probably isn't the preferred music genre of your area.

Dalcourt
August 21st, 2016, 08:45 AM
Country music isn't weird...just because not everyone likes it it doesn't mean it's weird.

Barbara.
August 21st, 2016, 05:20 PM
I listen to Johnny Cash, if that counts. I love playing his stuff on the guitar. I suppose its what you were brought up with, as you said. I was brought up with Lynyrd Skynyrd and Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix that sort of stuff, and its seen as weird. But I hate the type of shite now a days!
I love Johnny Cash along with his wife June Carter Cash. His daughter is also great singer. Everytime i visited my grandmother she always had the older country music on the radio. All my friends calls me weird and a geek because of it.

Amethyst Rose
August 21st, 2016, 08:39 PM
Don't worry Barb A, my friends call me weird for liking jazz since it's not as popular as it used to be. We're actually very hip cuz we're not the norm xD.

Ben7
August 21st, 2016, 10:36 PM
Does John Denver count as country? Cause I have at times listened to his music in the past.

The Byrd
August 22nd, 2016, 12:08 PM
How about country rock and bluegrass?

BlackParadePixie
August 22nd, 2016, 02:49 PM
I listen to some country music, but also lots of everything else.

PinkFloyd
August 22nd, 2016, 03:42 PM
I'll listen to old country on occasion, but never this new crap that's about beer, girls, trucks, guns, religion, you know, cliche garbage. I really like Johnny Cash.

Barbara.
August 22nd, 2016, 04:11 PM
Don't worry Barb A, my friends call me weird for liking jazz since it's not as popular as it used to be. We're actually very hip cuz we're not the norm xD.
I listen to jazz sometime as well as blues.

Does John Denver count as country? Cause I have at times listened to his music in the past.
Yes he is country musician and singer. Saddened of his death of plane crash.

ThisBougieLife
August 28th, 2016, 08:33 PM
How about classical? I know almost no one who listens to it, yet it's my favorite genre. People often think I'm weird for it. And don't even get me started on vocaloid music...

To me country isn't weird; in some parts of the country, it's very popular, probably the most popular type of music.

Falcons_11
September 13th, 2016, 04:08 PM
Nothing wrong with listening to Country/Western music. I listen to it when riding with my dad in his truck. He's a Texan and grew up listening to it.

Sonicomsk
September 14th, 2016, 05:06 AM
Just've heard a few of Johnny Cash songs. It's just awesome. So I don't think there is anything wrong with country, though. However, here in Russia, American country genre sometimes compared with "shanson", that is very popular amongst people who used to sit in jails... But I don't see anything similar, though.
yvmfBR2DD9M
C-5t1DLMYV8