PDA

View Full Version : Your Favorite Game?

EuRo
August 20th, 2016, 03:33 AM
This thread is about what it says on the tin! What's your favorite game? Why do you like the game? Can you explain it for all of us on VT?

TheFutureDoctor
August 20th, 2016, 05:33 AM
PES 2016 and FIFA 14. Playing fifa 14 cuz of a slightly old laptop. In my opinion though, PES has the best physics, animations and you really enjoy scoring in counter attacks. Fifa sucks in gameplay (frustation as you just can't score if you're used to PES) but I play it sometimes for the graphics and TV like presentation :)
Oh and another good one is ETS 2 simply for the graphics :P

Mars
August 20th, 2016, 05:56 AM
I have 3 actually lol. Stardew Valley, Arma 3, and DCS are my favourites.

Stardew Valley: You’ve inherited your grandfather’s old farm plot in Stardew Valley. Armed with hand-me-down tools and a few coins, you set out to begin your new life. Can you learn to live off the land and turn these overgrown fields into a thriving home? It won’t be easy. Ever since Joja Corporation came to town, the old ways of life have all but disappeared. The community center, once the town’s most vibrant hub of activity, now lies in shambles. But the valley seems full of opportunity. With a little dedication, you might just be the one to restore Stardew Valley to greatness!
///
This game is relaxing, aesthetically pleasing, and an overall chill rpg farm game.

Arma 3: In 2030, war erupts on the Mediterranean islands of Altis (formerly Lemnos) and Stratis, killing half of the civilian population, rendering thousands of them homeless, and causing a refugee crisis. Under harsh conditions, NATO peacekeeping forces deploy to the region to secure peace and establish joint NATO–Altian Armed Forces (AAF) bases on the islands. Five years later, with NATO investment in the Aegean dwindling, the Canton-Protocol Strategic Alliance Treaty (CSAT), a military alliance of eastern hemisphere countries, begins subsidizing the AAF and mobilizes its own forces in the Pacific. Facing political pressure to withdraw at the end of their peacekeeping mandate, NATO begins reducing their forces causing tensions to rise between AAF and NATO forces.
///
Arma 3 is a high action, first/third person shooter game, incorporating realistic communications, combat, and animations (lol for the most part). I personally love this game. The campaign and the multiplayer are fun, there's plenty of game types and there's plenty of ways to play.

DCS (or Digital Combat Simulator): Digital Combat Simulator World (DCS World) is a free-to-play digital battlefield game, focusing on simulation of military aircraft. It includes the FREE Su-25T and TF-51D aircraft and it is extensible through additional DCS modules as well as user-made add-ons and mods.

DCS World includes a vast mission area of the Caucasus region that encompasses much of Georgia - the location of the Russian invasion of Georgia in 2008.
///
As a huge fan of military aviation and weaponry, DCS is an amazing simulator in recreating the planes, combat (majority of it), and general aviation necessities. They supply you with legit recreations of the plane, communications, and feeling of being a pilot.

Flapjack
August 20th, 2016, 10:15 AM
Either the witcher 3 or metal arms glitch in the system :P

Sublime Demonz
August 20th, 2016, 11:02 AM
I'm in love with the entire Fallout series. I love the open adventure and mysteriousness of it all. I especially love getting to explore the abandoned vaults and learning about their creepy backstories. I remember playing Fallout 3 and being absolutely chilled at seeing Washington D.C. torn apart by nuclear destruction, wondering if maybe there'll come a day when it will actually look like that.

Flapjack
August 20th, 2016, 12:02 PM
GTA San Andreas!! Can't believe I forgot that gameee xD

Periphery
August 20th, 2016, 01:54 PM
GTA San Andreas!! Can't believe I forgot that gameee xD

This. I was gonna say The Last Of Us but then I saw this.

Oh god the childhood memories, I still prefer it over GTA V to be honest.

azure moonstone
August 20th, 2016, 02:01 PM
Both Civilization and Football Manager. I love simulation games :heart:

Jinglebottom
August 20th, 2016, 02:02 PM
Oh god the childhood memories, I still prefer it over GTA V to be honest.
GTA V doesn't have cool cheats like San Andreas. Boring af lol.

Periphery
August 20th, 2016, 02:07 PM
GTA V doesn't have cool cheats like San Andreas. Boring af lol.

Ikr, I feel like GTA V was just not as fun. I didn't feel connected to the characters and well, admit it the desert in GTA SA was awesome to go offroad in :D.

Also, jetpack xD

Flapjack
August 20th, 2016, 02:10 PM
Ikr, I feel like GTA V was just not as fun. I didn't feel connected to the characters and well, admit it the desert in GTA SA was awesome to go offroad in :D.

Also, jetpack xD
Imma go play GTA SA now xD I remember when I unlocked the jetpack and it was supposed to be special and I was like, I have been cheating this in since the first mission xD

Periphery
August 20th, 2016, 02:53 PM
Imma go play GTA SA now xD I remember when I unlocked the jetpack and it was supposed to be special and I was like, I have been cheating this in since the first mission xD

Good luck following the damn train!

Flapjack
August 20th, 2016, 02:59 PM
Good luck following the damn train!
I never actually found that mission hard xD

Ben7
August 20th, 2016, 03:01 PM
I never really had the chance to play games but one game that I have seen others play that seems pretty fun is Dota 2.

lemondrop
August 20th, 2016, 06:16 PM
Rust or cs:go

everlong
August 20th, 2016, 08:56 PM
There's a lot to choose from. It might be Minecraft. I seldom play it anymore but I used to play it an unhealthy amount of time in my middle school years and I think it's a really cool and diverse game. Except around Minecraft 1.6 when the updates became useless and boring.

Melodic
August 20th, 2016, 09:44 PM
The Sims series.

I love a variety of games such as Fall Out 4, Far Cry, Black Ops 2/3, Tomb Raider, Life is Strange, etc.

I've been playing the Sims since I was 7 years old and it's just something that I've grown up with and admire. It's also something that helps future generations learn what it's like to raise a family and be in the real world, but also have a little imagination!

Flapjack
August 20th, 2016, 11:14 PM
The Sims series.

I love a variety of games such as Fall Out 4, Far Cry, Black Ops 2/3, Tomb Raider, Life is Strange, etc.

I've been playing the Sims since I was 7 years old and it's just something that I've grown up with and admire. It's also something that helps future generations learn what it's like to raise a family and be in the real world, but also have a little imagination!
Is life is strange really that good? I have heard so many good things about it but it looks so meh :p

Periphery
August 20th, 2016, 11:31 PM
I never actually found that mission hard xD

What.

Flapjack
August 20th, 2016, 11:34 PM
What.
I knowww:D The racing missions were a bitch though XD Totally didn't use like 5 cheats to win :')

Melodic
August 21st, 2016, 01:50 AM
Is life is strange really that good? I have heard so many good things about it but it looks so meh :p

Since I said it was one of my favorite games, I feel I just answered your question. :P

Its one of those type of games that you either like or dislike. It's an interactive story game..

Desynchronized
August 21st, 2016, 03:50 AM
I dunno where to start....... Call of duty, minecraft, far cry, gta, saints row, stranded deep, fifa, arma 3, dying light, watch dogs, metal gear solid 5(quiet), mortal combat, nba 2k16, doom 2016, skyrim and everything.

Pika2001
August 26th, 2016, 08:14 PM
Its gotta be Tomb Raider 2013, The story better than any other game I've played so far, it even made me care about the charterers. I gotta be honest, Lara Croft is quite sexy.

Flapjack
August 26th, 2016, 10:23 PM
Its gotta be Tomb Raider 2013, The story better than any other game I've played so far, it even made me care about the charterers. I gotta be honest, Lara Croft is quite sexy.
Yesss I love that game!! Never completed it though and tbh I don't get why everyone fancies Lara xD

Andyyy95
August 27th, 2016, 12:18 PM
World of Warcraft

Sloth
August 27th, 2016, 02:00 PM
SMITE, Rocket League, CSGO.