PDA

View Full Version : How I cope

Ben2148
August 20th, 2016, 01:49 AM
this may not be the right place, but it kind of works.

Please if you have a similar story respond to this.

I feel like I lost a lot of my childhood. I was bullied chronically, never fit in that well, in fact, I was bullied off of a little league baseball team. Most of the relationships i was in were turbulent at best. I spent the next few years walking around with an enormous chip on my shoulder, not making friends both because I pushed people away and because no one liked me that much. flash forward four or five years, and I find rock climbing. I fall in love with it. It gave me a sense of purpose, I just wish I found it sooner. Over 3 years I became more friendly and outgoing. I made friends and connections I intend to keep for the rest of my life. Now I'm 18 and off to college, and I can't shake the disappointment I feel. I feel like I missed out on all the amazing things a childhood is supposed to be. The only coping method I have found is coaching kids.

This goes to all of you who feel like I do.Stop worrying about the past. Its done, and if it was hard that only makes you stronger now. your only as old as you act, and go big, never back down from a challenge or adventure, and you wont care about life's little problems.

Just JT
August 20th, 2016, 11:35 AM
I think everyone feels some of that to some degree. We all have regrets or stuff from our past we'd like to change and have a do-over.

But like your saying, your past makes you who you are now, and who you'll be as you grow up. You've probably made friends cause of a connection you found through a common interest. Probably something you hadn't had in the past.

So :hug: your friends and move forward bro, enjoy college I hear it's fun and come on back around here and visit ok?

Mars
August 20th, 2016, 11:42 AM
Mother Nature :arrow: Uplifting Stories and Messages

This is better suited here:)

Flapjack
August 20th, 2016, 11:52 AM
Dude most people feel like they missed out or wish they could do things differently! I wish I could go back to being 11 and do high school differently but I can't :(

Just look to the future buddy:)

Ben2148
August 20th, 2016, 04:37 PM
Dude most people feel like they missed out or wish they could do things differently! I wish I could go back to being 11 and do high school differently but I can't :(

Just look to the future buddy:)

Yeah. As each chapter in ones life closes another yet to be written begins. Make the most of every day, and remember

"in the end its not the years in your life, but the life in your years, all you have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to us."- Gandalf

Just JT
August 20th, 2016, 04:40 PM
Yeah. As each chapter in ones life closes another yet to be written begins. Make the most of every day, and remember

"in the end its not the years in your life, but the life in your years, all you have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to us."- Gandalf

I'm liking you more and more by the minute man, you got some really good quotes. You have them memorized or something?

Ben2148
August 20th, 2016, 04:47 PM
Thanks. Most of them I do, but google is a powerful friend.

If your into that type of thing, download the momentum extension for chrome

Just JT
August 20th, 2016, 04:50 PM
If your into that type of thing, download the momentum extension for chrome

I'm not on a pc I'm on mobile almost always

Ben2148
August 20th, 2016, 04:54 PM
oh. well there's probably an app for that.