PDA

View Full Version : I have no clue what I'm doing

Skyline
August 19th, 2016, 10:35 PM
So, I want to build a desktop that can run games at a decent to good quality. Mainly League of Legends, Garrys Mod, Civ V, Runescape, The Culling, etc.

I went and did a pc part picker thingy but have no clue how to know if it is going to do what I want it to, so I figured I'd ask the smartest people I know for help <3

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Crona/saved/stVqqs

Any suggestions? Did I do OKAY?

Flapjack
August 19th, 2016, 10:41 PM
So, I want to build a desktop that can run games at a decent to good quality. Mainly League of Legends, Garrys Mod, Civ V, Runescape, The Culling, etc.

I went and did a pc part picker thingy but have no clue how to know if it is going to do what I want it to, so I figured I'd ask the smartest people I know for help <3

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Crona/saved/stVqqs

Any suggestions? Did I do OKAY?

Yeahhh with that PC you will easily max out them games at 1080 60fps :) For the money you're spending I would personally adjust some of parts to maximise performance even more but that PC is so beast I wouldn't worry about it too much :) If you want me to help you with that buddy just reply to this and let me know!!:) It does feel like you're throwing money down the drain with this build, money that could be spent getting a better GPU! But yeah if you want help with that, just ask:)

One thing I will say however is that the solid state drive is a nice addition however I will say now that you will easily fill 1.25 TB so I would get a larger hard drive :)

Desynchronized
August 19th, 2016, 11:00 PM
I'd say you're doing fine. Your pc is more than enough to play the games you've listed on everything max and ultra.

Reise
August 22nd, 2016, 04:10 AM
Oh boy, yeah, haha... It'll work like a charm.

Just check if the mouse has the dpis you want, beware it is optical (lasers are better).
I personnaly use Razer and vary the sensibility from 800 dpi (for First Person Shooters) to almost 6000 dpi (Internet navigation).

jamie_n5
August 31st, 2016, 03:58 PM
If you are going to buy a new PC I have found ebay to be helpful. You can brose in there and they list computers as gamers and such. They are also cheaper. I have bought all the computers we have ever owned in my family on ebay and been very happy and satisfied.