PDA

View Full Version : Sexual orientation and nudist/naturist

Just JT
August 19th, 2016, 07:12 PM
I think we are pretty much in agreement that sexual orientation is more nature than nurture. But I'm wondering if there is a possible connection between being a nudist/ naturist and that impacting your sexual orientation. I'm thinking that perhaps the premise that being nudist/naturist may be more open and accepting to different orientations. Which makes since, but not provable, and neither is this poll. I'm not sure if this poll will accurately display the information very well, but I'm giving it a try. I'm pretty sure it'll be skewed as I think most people are not nudist/naturist, but I'm not sure.

So take the poll and let's see where it ends up

Flapjack
August 19th, 2016, 07:16 PM
I am sure nudists are more accepting of different sexualities and because of that there is a higher percentage of LGBT people in their community however I do not think it is being nudist that makes them more likely to be LGBT but the fact that they are more likely to come out due to the accepting community :)

Just JT
August 19th, 2016, 07:22 PM
I am sure nudists are more accepting of different sexualities and because of that there is a higher percentage of LGBT people in their community however I do not think it is being nudist that makes them more likely to be LGBT but the fact that they are more likely to come out due to the accepting community :)

Shit, that's a long sentence lol!!

Amethyst Rose
August 19th, 2016, 07:24 PM

I agree with this, I think nudists would be more accepting of different sexual orientations.

Flapjack
August 19th, 2016, 07:26 PM
Shit, that's a long sentence lol!!
I knowww go Jack XD Oh and I am like either reallyyy demisexual or asexual so I don't know what to put :P

jamie_n5
August 19th, 2016, 10:19 PM
I wouldn't mind being around nudists and giving it a try. I think they would be interesting people and would accept gays.

Just JT
August 19th, 2016, 11:24 PM
I knowww go Jack XD Oh and I am like either reallyyy demisexual or asexual so I don't know what to put :P

Well I guess to the poll, you don't really need to identify, other than not straight if you wanted to vote

Dalcourt
August 20th, 2016, 04:06 AM
I'm not a nudist/naturist and I'm gay. Where I live nudism isn't very popular. It's a cultural thing....you can wear whatever ya want even your Mardi Gras costume all year round but being nude is weird unless you are a lil kid.
I dunno whether nudist are more accepting than others they are just people in the end and like with all others there are people who are more open and others who aren't.

JohnC
August 20th, 2016, 07:46 AM
My family and I are naturists. I am pretty much straight (but a little curious too). I think naturists are probably a little more open to people of different sexualities, but there can also be those that are very conservative.

Henri-K
August 20th, 2016, 06:46 PM
i live with my mum and we're nudists. I do think nudists are more open. I'm bi but won't date a boy. I mess around a lot, and my mum have seen me masturbate countless times. She's okay with everything, but i don't know how will she react if i'm gay. i think she still prefers me with girls a bit more. Bi is okay.

pjones
August 21st, 2016, 02:35 PM
i'm bi, prefer guys, and don't wear clothes at home, neither does my straight brother. We've been to a naturist resort with our parents. I'll say 99% of the kids we met there are straight. No singles attend so all the adults are probably straight as well, never saw a same sex couple tho i don't know what their policy is on that. my boyfriend practices nudity at my house, as do 2 of my straight friends. one straight friend isn't comfortable nude around my parents but will strip off with the rest of us at the beach.

Sean4U
September 2nd, 2016, 05:21 PM
I don't know if a nudist/naturalist community would even think of anyone's orientation unless someone acted upon it -- I don't know. My brothers and i usually hang out naked and have for years. Some friends do too when they visit. We have our own area of the house so parents don't care.

Madison519
September 8th, 2016, 08:35 AM
I can see where nudists/naturalists might be more accepting of all orientations, but I doubt there is a connection between nudism and sexual orientation. Don't know why that would be the case. My parents have gone to clothing optional resorts before and I think it would be fun.

zack.zack
September 8th, 2016, 10:48 AM
I would tend to think that nudist/naturist are more accepting of people and different lifestyles because there are no inhibitions or expectations to deal with. Theirs is an environment of come as you are. Theres no judgement or ridicule because you are one way or another.

pjones
September 11th, 2016, 01:07 PM
I would tend to think that nudist/naturist are more accepting of people and different lifestyles because there are no inhibitions or expectations to deal with. Theirs is an environment of come as you are. Theres no judgement or ridicule because you are one way or another.

i've only been to a nudist resort 3 times, and couldn't identify any gay or bi people. you are accepted no matter what. it's really a great thing. you don't have to have a perfect body. and since you're not wearing clothes you also aren't wearing "labels"