PDA

View Full Version : I don't trust anyone.

Sonicomsk
August 19th, 2016, 11:16 AM
Well, I recently started to notice that I'm very suspicious to everyone. I don't trust my friends, I don't trust strangers, I don't trust anyone! There were a lot of times in the past that I've relied on someone and then it was a complete disaster. For example, right now I've sold one hamster to a couple, girl with her boyfriend, maybe in their twenties. After I gave them this hamster, and came back home, I've noticed that they are still sitting in the car. Right after that I felt really horrible, because who the hell knows what can they do with it.
And that's only one example!! Even if I see someone unknown near our house I'm just starting to panic! I JUST DON'T TRUST ANYONE! This paranoia kills me, I have got only a few friends, I leave home very rarely, sometimes I don't even like to talk with people in the internet, I'M JUST FUCKING AFRAID OF THEM!! I don't have a girlfriend, I almost have no friends, I'm wasting my life in front of the monitor, I even gave up penpaling, someone please help me!!!

Sonicomsk
August 19th, 2016, 11:21 AM
Sorry, I just had to let it all out of me.

Just JT
August 19th, 2016, 11:23 AM
Is this like something new or this been happening a while?

Flapjack
August 19th, 2016, 11:26 AM
Has anything happened to cause this buddy? Because this is impacting your life so much I think you need to focus on sorting it out buddy:)

jamie_n5
August 19th, 2016, 10:27 PM
Did someone really hurt you in the past? Have you always been not trusting people or did it come on gradually? I feel for you. Maybe you should see a counselor or seek professional help. Hope you can feel better about people and the world man.

Eric Rom
August 22nd, 2016, 07:17 AM
~It's hard to trust someone when you've been cheated. Everyone just seems to be playing with you. It has happened to me and call it caution, I am never giving away.
I won't be able to completely trust someone again.

Dalcourt
August 22nd, 2016, 08:16 AM
I understand what you mean.
As the others said is there a specific reason you don't trust people?
I mean I hardly trust anyone myself for various reasons and I'm very suspicious of people on the internet. It's easier for me to trust people in real life cuz I can talk to them see their reaction to things and so I usually detect at once if someone's fake. It's way harder on the internet...so I'm quite cautious there.
It's hard to learn to trust someone...you just can work on it in small steps.

Talking to people trying to figure them out...first trust them with stuff that's not so important later with other things, too.

Sometimes you just have to let it happen and don't think to much about it.

Not very helpful I know but there's no real way to learn trust.

If it's not only trust issues but a real paranoia then it's different however...then maybe you need help from a professional cuz it could be part of a mental problem.

Sonicomsk
August 22nd, 2016, 11:53 AM
Everyone just seems to be playing with you.
Yes, that completely describes my feelings. I had to overcome this a few years ago.

However, recently I haven't had anything like that and I just don't know why did I start to feel suspicious to most people. What's more strange is that sometimes I look at person and think - I should be very careful with him/her. And then it comes out that this person isn't that bad. And vice versa, if I think I can trust someone - this person will be most likely some asshole. Weird?

Sometimes you just have to let it happen and don't think to much about it.

Honestly, that's pretty hard. Even if I'd make some silly fail, like, for example, won't say hello to someone I know or vice versa, say hello to stranger, I'll think about it for a long period of time. Is there any way how to ignore such thoughts?

Thanks for replies, guys. It was really good to hear some feedback and support.

Dalcourt
August 22nd, 2016, 08:07 PM
Hm, let me ad something it's different on the internet here you sometimes really meet some asshole who fuck with you for no reason other than they are crazy and/or bored.
But in real life...well I used to overthink other people's actions a lot but then I came to the conclusion that I don't wanna care and think about it anymore. I thought why should all these people be interested in me to think bad about me or do me harm in some ways. I found that just imagined they look at me or talk about what I do and so on. In reality everyone is so self absorbed that they don't even realise others.
Once I started thinking like that interaction with others got far easier. Of course it doesn't always work and once in a while I start thinking again but as a whole it got better.

lemondrop
August 24th, 2016, 08:39 AM
I had this feeling long time ago,i used to judge everyone before i even spoke with em :D . Also i had a paranoia ,i thought that someone is outside my window looking at me and etc. So what i did - i started to care less and think less,if even someone is stalking me- let them.. I wouldn't care ,this is how i solved it... Just think less... Less of that "what if,what if" what happens let it be