PDA

View Full Version : Feeling a bit lost

Taint
August 18th, 2016, 04:27 PM
I've been seeing a counselor for a few months as I've been struggling with my anxiety, depression and OCD. Shes signing me off after our next appointment as she thinks the medication I'm now on has stabilized me. But I'm scared. I'm worried after she signs me off i will have another crisis and do something silly or that I wont have anywhere to turn. Do I let it happen or do I ask for further help?

Flapjack
August 18th, 2016, 04:30 PM
I would ask for further help buddy!! It is what she is there for :)

jamie_n5
August 18th, 2016, 05:41 PM
If you are very insecure about being on your own too soon I would say yes definitely ask her for further help. You will have to make it on your own sometime however.

devotionnel
August 18th, 2016, 05:57 PM
I think it is natural to feel a little uneasy about being left on your own, however as above poster said it will have to happen at some point... It may be easier than it actually seems. But if not, I'm sure you can ask her for help if you need it.

Amethyst Rose
August 18th, 2016, 06:09 PM
There's no harm in asking her for further help if you feel you need it. And if you decide you don't right now, she will still be there in the future should you ever need it.

Just JT
August 18th, 2016, 06:58 PM
Hey what about instead of signing you off, maybe just make the appointments a little further apart for a while. Kinda like weining off a little

Taint
August 18th, 2016, 07:41 PM
Thanks for all the replies. I'm going to give the office line a ring tomorrow to see if I can sort something out. Thanks guys.

Cool Mojo
September 4th, 2016, 12:17 AM
I agree 100% with the above posts.

Taint
September 4th, 2016, 02:48 PM
I got back in touch with my psych and she's agreed she can't sign me off when there's still dregs of the problem left behind so she's filing to keep me as her patient until I feel a bit more confident on my own. Thanks for all your advice.