PDA

View Full Version : Tattoos?

Drewboyy
August 16th, 2016, 12:10 PM
Can tattoos look appealing on anyone?

imo only fit people or extremely good artwork can make it work. But the face is a nono (and lower arms are really unprofessional).

kissban
August 16th, 2016, 12:14 PM
ah never :)

PunkModRevial
August 16th, 2016, 12:26 PM
I think that people of any body type can pull off tattoos if they get something tasteful or meaningful to them. I mean I have a really scrawny friend with like 8 dinosaur tattoos and she makes it work.

BlackParadePixie
August 16th, 2016, 12:51 PM
Yeah tattoos can look good on most people if they are done well and in the right spot.

Dalcourt
August 16th, 2016, 09:34 PM
If a tattoo is done right it can look good on anyone.
I don't like tattoos on the face or hands, though.

PinkFloyd
August 17th, 2016, 04:34 PM
I think tattoos can look good if they're done well and not overdone. I would never get anything like a sleeve, but I know some could pull it off. This is my tattoo.

http://i.imgur.com/5ZEkCUo.png

PlasmaHam
August 17th, 2016, 05:03 PM
Eh, tattoos to me personally don't have any style. Over time they just fade, sag, and look moldy. If you want to get a tattoo, at least get something small, the whole arm or leg thing is gross.

Flapjack
August 17th, 2016, 05:10 PM
I personally don't like tattoos on anyone but if you want them, get whatever you want, wherever you want:)

devotionnel
August 18th, 2016, 05:55 AM
Sexist as it sounds, I prefer tattoos on guys rather than girls. But that's just me. Even then not many people can pull it off

Mars
August 18th, 2016, 05:59 AM
I think they look good, depending on what and where it is. If it's a really beautiful piece but doesn't work with the area placed, then it's not going to look right. If it's a really ugly piece but works with the area, it's not gonna look right. I personally can't wait till im old enough to get tattoos

pjones
August 18th, 2016, 01:27 PM
i've seen some amazing tats on the beach, but most i don't like. but probably because i don't want one

Falcons_11
September 7th, 2016, 05:00 PM
I can't a tattoo now cause I'm too young and mom would probably freak out even if I could.

Taryn98
September 7th, 2016, 05:03 PM
I'm not really a fan of them

Barbara.
September 7th, 2016, 05:24 PM
I really don't care for them myself and will never have one. They are alright on guys as long as it's not over done like tattoos from head to toe. That to me is a over kill.

Karkat
September 8th, 2016, 07:50 AM
Tattoos are amazing, and frankly I think people should be able to do whatever they like with their personal appearance. Imo the current standard of professionalism is dated and illogical. It should be more about personal hygiene and the way one carries themselves, rather than being in a suit with a certain hairstyle looking like a freaking soulless plastic doll.

And I love suits. I just think that individuality should be able to be incorporated into the picture of professionalism more. I'd rather hire someone based on their charisma, abilities, and presentation of themselves as a person rather than their ability to put on a suit and look like every single other person out there who is also wearing a suit.

I'm not saying that it's the only thing people look at, just that an odd level of importance seems to be placed on it.

I personally have a 'tasteful' arm tattoo and a fun hip tattoo :metal:

I'm going to be getting more. I just need to get my shit together so I can actually make money to get more.

I think tattoos can look good if they're done well and not overdone. I would never get anything like a sleeve, but I know some could pull it off. This is my tattoo.

image (http://i.imgur.com/5ZEkCUo.png)

God bless you, Rob. :lol:

PinkFloyd
September 8th, 2016, 01:13 PM
Tattoos are amazing, and frankly I think people should be able to do whatever they like with their personal appearance. Imo the current standard of professionalism is dated and illogical. It should be more about personal hygiene and the way one carries themselves, rather than being in a suit with a certain hairstyle looking like a freaking soulless plastic doll.

And I love suits. I just think that individuality should be able to be incorporated into the picture of professionalism more. I'd rather hire someone based on their charisma, abilities, and presentation of themselves as a person rather than their ability to put on a suit and look like every single other person out there who is also wearing a suit.

I'm not saying that it's the only thing people look at, just that an odd level of importance seems to be placed on it.

I personally have a 'tasteful' arm tattoo and a fun hip tattoo :metal:

I'm going to be getting more. I just need to get my shit together so I can actually make money to get more.

God bless you, Rob. :lol:

My parents keep asking if I regret it yet. I don't and never will. :lol::D

everlong
September 8th, 2016, 05:55 PM
Sure, a lot of people look good with tattoos.

Iri_dium
September 8th, 2016, 07:23 PM

imo only fit people or extremely good artwork can make it work. But the face is a nono (and lower arms are really unprofessional).

Of course :) But that depends on the skills of the tattoo artist and the type of tattoo :) Personally I prefer small things on body like on this photo http://hairstylezz.com/best-rihanna-short-hair-styles/3/, also different symbols and hieroglyphs. Maybe I'll make smth like that in future :)

I like flowers too :rolleyes:

http://works.tattooz.ru/cache/images/594025344194b9055d1d21ba22615aec/resizeFit_570_533___.jpg

And almost everything connected with music is amazing! :metal:

https://www.tattolife.ru/wp-content/gallery/tatuirovka-noty/283392_f520.jpg

Babs
September 9th, 2016, 02:39 AM
As long as the tattoo isn't stupid and the artist did it well, I think they look good. I plan on getting a few myself.

jxxx_z
September 13th, 2016, 01:44 PM
I find tattoos attractive. As long as it's not OTT

Madison78
September 14th, 2016, 08:08 AM
I dont like them at all! I would never get one.

The Byrd
September 17th, 2016, 12:51 PM
Tattoos are hawt.

PunkModRevial
September 21st, 2016, 10:53 PM
I plan on getting 3 when I'm an adult.

lavie
September 28th, 2016, 11:50 PM
I dont like tattos

baron11
October 19th, 2016, 11:24 PM
I love to get tattoos but small ones with meanings and don't want to be covered in it. I like the tattoos on Justin Beiber. He has done it so subtly.
Don;t get a tattoo when you are frustrated. It takes planning and research before you get it.
I want to get the first one on my inner side of my arms.

Abhorrence
October 20th, 2016, 02:53 AM
I've currently got two tattoos, just small ones. Planning on getting more intricate, detailed ones when I actually have the money.

Miss Ophelia
October 22nd, 2016, 03:36 PM
Yes, but it has to be a good tattoo that suits the persons personality.

Those text ones look really crap though.

City Kid
November 16th, 2016, 06:58 AM

Well said! I totally agree.

Personally, I'm insanely attracted to both guys and girls who have a lot of tattoos. I know that most people's taste will differ from mine and that's fine, but I just don't get why people with tattoos are so frowned upon. They're not hurting anyone by making their body look the way they want it to, so what's the problem?

My roommate just got a tattoo on her forearm (a feather with two flowers next to it) and it honestly looks... Pretty shitty. I don't think the tattoo artist she went to did a very good job. I'm definitely planning on getting tattooed in the future, but I plan on going to the best tattoo artists I can find, even if it means that I'll have to spend a small fortune on my tattoos.

Muddy Sneakers
November 18th, 2016, 10:41 PM
no interest in getting one myself. I don't think they look good on most people. I think just plain naked skin is a lot sexier.

Dames
November 23rd, 2016, 12:48 PM
depends where, it's best to have them in areas you can cover up so that you have tho option of hiding them

Svetlana2000
November 29th, 2016, 03:28 AM
tats are awesome as long as theyre done professionally. i got a tramp stamp on my back and my best friends name on my inner wrist.

Taryn98
November 29th, 2016, 12:24 PM
tats are awesome as long as theyre done professionally. i got a tramp stamp on my back and my best friends name on my inner wrist.

how do you have tattoos if you're only 16?
My mom would have never allowed me to do it.

Svetlana2000
November 29th, 2016, 03:36 PM
how do you have tattoos if you're only 16?
My mom would have never allowed me to do it.

my mom wouldnt have allowed either. but she left when i was 10 not the happiest experience in a young girls life. but its over... i now live with dad and his girlfriend and they are very laid back. yela (his girlfriend) has tatoos herself and talked daddy into saying yes to my tramp stamp.

Taryn98
November 29th, 2016, 05:05 PM
my mom wouldnt have allowed either. but she left when i was 10 not the happiest experience in a young girls life. but its over... i now live with dad and his girlfriend and they are very laid back. yela (his girlfriend) has tatoos herself and talked daddy into saying yes to my tramp stamp.

I had to beg my mom just to get my belly button pierced. I'm not really interested in getting a tattoo but they do look good on some people.

Svetlana2000
November 29th, 2016, 05:13 PM
I had to beg my mom just to get my belly button pierced. I'm not really interested in getting a tattoo but they do look good on some people.

yes i also couldnt imagine my body covered with tats. just some ink here and there is nice and sexy but not too much. but i also love piercings. plus theyre not permanent.

Taryn98
November 29th, 2016, 05:45 PM
yes i also couldnt imagine my body covered with tats. just some ink here and there is nice and sexy but not too much. but i also love piercings. plus theyre not permanent.

I prefer the piercings too, like you said, not permanent. But I don't want to go overboard on them either. Too many and you start to look like a freak.

Svetlana2000
November 29th, 2016, 05:56 PM
I prefer the piercings too, like you said, not permanent. But I don't want to go overboard on them either. Too many and you start to look like a freak.

sooo true. a friend of mine just got snakebites and i dont think they look good. im not really into facial piercings at all. love my belly button piercing, love my tongue bar and the rest is not visible to everyone.

eric2001
November 29th, 2016, 06:16 PM
I'd never get one. Some people get so many like Justin Beiber. I don't get it.

brandon9
November 29th, 2016, 06:55 PM
I'd only get a tattoo if I had a real reason to, like to memorialize someone or something. I wouldn't go get one just for the sake of getting one.

That being said, I know several people who look good with tattoos, both singular ones and multiple tattoos. Its all in where they are and how well they were done.

Trevor.
December 29th, 2016, 06:17 AM

I don't care how cool people think it is but I'm all against tattoos. I don't think its fashionables, it may be a form of art but I don't encourage anyone to get tattoos.
I don't want any b/c they can lead to skin cancer and I don't want to live a life full of regret.

blooky
January 4th, 2017, 07:34 PM
I think tattoos look ugly...I like my skin. (:

KBar33
January 6th, 2017, 01:09 AM
I personally just really don't like it when most of your visible skin is covered in ink. As long as the tattoos are within reason and are meaningful then tattoos are awesome for everyone. I don't really see tattoos being only a skinny person kind of thing, or a fat person kind of thing. I just see it as a quality kind of thing. If the tattoo is treated as a piece of art, then I support that tattoo's existence lol. I just personally don't want a whole lot of tattoos on my partner, of course I won't try to control that kind of thing, but yea too many is a turn off for me.

Contraman
January 6th, 2017, 09:56 PM
I don't think it's something everyone could pull off, and whether it's attractive or not depends on the person, where it is, what it is, and how much of the body it covers. I'm considering one, but if I do it'll be something small, probably on my chest, that means a lot to me.

Bob billy
January 7th, 2017, 02:36 PM
Some are fine. If you have huge tattoos, than they are unappealing. I like how you can make a tattoo mean something