PDA

View Full Version : I want to cry, but I can't cry

BrokenWingedPegasus
August 14th, 2016, 06:16 PM
It really bothers me... You know when you see people cry a lot? Sometimes I feel sad like that, but my problem is... I can't cry. Usually the best I can is shed 1 small tear... I feel sad like when people cry, but I can't do that myself. For me it's not good because it might look that I'm strong enough to handle the emotion, which would normally be good, but for me it isn't, because the bad feelings build up inside of me, and I can't let them out, nor can I communicate those emotions. (If I cried, it would make me feel better and it would communicate that I'm sad to others) I can't express sadness right. Is there anything I can do or any explanation for this? Thanks for reading.

Gethazzed
August 14th, 2016, 06:23 PM
It happens to everyone

BrokenWingedPegasus
August 14th, 2016, 06:27 PM
Yeah, it's happening to me like, every day that I feel sad for a few months at least now.

jamie_n5
August 14th, 2016, 08:19 PM
I have never heard of this before. I always can cry when sad or hurt. Maybe it's something to ask your doctor about.

Amethyst Rose
August 14th, 2016, 08:23 PM
I'm sorry, I don't have any advice for how to change it. I've experienced it too, I think everyone does, just not as often as you are.

Just JT
August 14th, 2016, 08:28 PM
I think people react to emotions differently. Some people cry easy, some not at all. Does t mean anything other than you display those emotions differently.
Personally, I think crying is good, and healthy, it helps to release the energy your holding in and can't release it some other way.

Now for you that might be Sheri g a year, and that's all you need. I'd maybe think about what's making you sad, and why...

Dalcourt
August 14th, 2016, 09:23 PM
I usually cry far to easy no matter if I'm sad or angry. So I have more or less the opposite problem. I'm seen as weak and girly for crying quite a lot.
So unfortunately I have no advice for you.

BrokenWingedPegasus
August 15th, 2016, 09:16 AM
I think people react to emotions differently. Some people cry easy, some not at all. Does t mean anything other than you display those emotions differently.
Personally, I think crying is good, and healthy, it helps to release the energy your holding in and can't release it some other way.

Now for you that might be Sheri g a year, and that's all you need. I'd maybe think about what's making you sad, and why...

I know what's making me sad most of the times, and I also know that crying is healthy, that's why I want to cry but I can't, and like I said, it builds in the bad emotions inside and it's terrible I can't let them out...

Flapjack
August 15th, 2016, 09:26 AM
I know how you're feeling buddy:) I know it can be hard to communicate your emotions but please do try, it can help loads:)

Just JT
August 15th, 2016, 10:05 AM
I know what's making me sad most of the times, and I also know that crying is healthy, that's why I want to cry but I can't, and like I said, it builds in the bad emotions inside and it's terrible I can't let them out...

Maybe crying isn't how your body is made to let out those feelings. It's confusing as fuck I know, but maybe there's a different way to let them out like maybe drawing, writing, running or something productive you enjoy doing

BrokenWingedPegasus
August 15th, 2016, 10:09 AM
Maybe crying isn't how your body is made to let out those feelings. It's confusing as fuck I know, but maybe there's a different way to let them out like maybe drawing, writing, running or something productive you enjoy doing
Thanks, I'll try to do something like that.

I know how you're feeling buddy:) I know it can be hard to communicate your emotions but please do try, it can help loads:)
Thanks, I'll try, it's just that I usually don't know how to, since it's difficult, but I'll try :)

Conn0r
August 15th, 2016, 11:03 AM
I haven't been able to cry for years. I did once last year while really drunk but other than that its been maybe six years. It's frustrating because sometimes you think that maybe a good cry would just help haha. I don't really have any advice but I can relate.

City Kid
August 15th, 2016, 03:19 PM
Being unable to cry can be a symptom of severe clinical depression. Don't panic, that doesn't necessarily mean that you have it, but maybe it's something to consider.

Other than that, maybe this can help:
J81OGhE_hZQ

BrokenWingedPegasus
August 15th, 2016, 08:10 PM
Being unable to cry can be a symptom of severe clinical depression. Don't panic, that doesn't necessarily mean that you have it, but maybe it's something to consider.

Other than that, maybe this can help:
J81OGhE_hZQ

Well, I know that I most likely have depression, I just didn't know that it might be that bad. But thank you, I'll watch the video! :)