PDA

View Full Version : Twenty One Pilots song licencing

PSDX
August 14th, 2016, 04:12 PM
Hello!
(hope thats the right thread)
I want to use Fairly Local by Twenty One Pilots in a video. In order to avoid trouble I need to contact them/their management/their production company to request permission to use the song. Does someone know a contact information or something like that?

Thank you.

Leprous
August 14th, 2016, 04:22 PM
twentyonehorizons Figured you might know how to ^^

nebula
August 15th, 2016, 02:32 AM
twentyonehorizons Figured you might know how to ^^

Only because it's twenty one pilots xD

Uhm, what kind of video is it going to be? Where is it going to be uploaded (YouTube?)

Flapjack
August 15th, 2016, 06:55 AM
Is it YouTube? If I am correct each artist has told YouTube what to do if they detect you using a song, some are cool, others, like Taylor Swift, have it so all income from the video will be sent to them.

Is what you're doing fair use? How much of the song would you be using?

The Byrd
August 15th, 2016, 10:02 AM
If it is for YouTube then there's a handy tool which tells you the music policies for almost every artist imaginable. I've just searched and checked a few of their songs and it seems like you can use their music without getting taken down or whatever but here is the link for you to use at your own leisure: https://www.youtube.com/music_policies

PSDX
August 15th, 2016, 10:53 AM
Its not only but also YouTube. But also a website and as far as i can remember Facebook and other social networks. My main problem is, that im gonna get Money for this, which makes it much worse if anyoned figure out, that its not licenced. It could cost me a lot of money + all the profit i received and much worse.

Flapjack
August 15th, 2016, 10:56 AM
Its not only but also YouTube. But also a website and as far as i can remember Facebook and other social networks. My main problem is, that im gonna get Money for this, which makes it much worse if anyoned figure out, that its not licenced. It could cost me a lot of money + all the profit i received and much worse.
How many to you plan on seeing it? Also is the work transformative? How many people do you plan on seeing it?

PSDX
August 15th, 2016, 11:01 AM
Dunno how many people. Is nothing Id have to care about.