PDA

View Full Version : A Song You Want the Whole World to Hear

Bravado
August 13th, 2016, 03:54 AM
Is there a particular song that you think everyone should have heard atleast once in their lives?
A song you love with all your heart?
A track that means a lot to you?
Post it here!

warbit
August 13th, 2016, 03:55 AM
you can wear my sweatshirt...:metal:

i cant believe this is my 100th post :D

Joel99
August 13th, 2016, 11:49 AM
Please, anyone and everyone, go listen to Freaks and Geeks by Childish Gambino. It feels like it's the song I always mention but it's SOO GOOD.

If you don't like how it sounds, you can still analyze the extremely clever lyrics.

Flapjack
August 13th, 2016, 12:15 PM
Taylor Swift - Better Than Revenge

Reise
August 13th, 2016, 12:19 PM
Lots. Here's one:

olwZGjeWSRA

Joel99 I gonna need your help to analyze the "very clever" lyrics of the song you mentioned.

Flapjack
August 13th, 2016, 12:21 PM
I love you too much, super cute song!

Periphery
August 13th, 2016, 12:24 PM
Nine Inch Nails -Hurt

You know, you'd be surprised at the amount of people who don't know or who refuse to believe this is the original. Well people Johnny Cash got really famous because of a cover. He covered this masterpiece which originally has Tren Reznor's amazing vocals.

KR4DjYczINM

Live version, the original actually dates back to 1994, Johnny Cash covered it in 2002.

Joel99
August 13th, 2016, 03:44 PM
Reise

Here's the genius page, for simplicity's sake.
http://genius.com/Childish-gambino-freaks-and-geeks-lyrics

everlong
August 13th, 2016, 05:56 PM
IXdNnw99-Ic

Reise
August 14th, 2016, 08:05 AM
Reise

Here's the genius page, for simplicity's sake.
http://genius.com/Childish-gambino-freaks-and-geeks-lyrics
A bunch of insults and vulgar words full of references without any deep meaning and an oversized narcissism.
Well, I guess if you like it...

Dalcourt
August 14th, 2016, 08:12 AM
Nine Inch Nails -Hurt

You know, you'd be surprised at the amount of people who don't know or who refuse to believe this is the original. Well people Johnny Cash got really famous because of a cover. He covered this masterpiece which originally has Tren Reznor's amazing vocals.

KR4DjYczINM

Live version, the original actually dates back to 1994, Johnny Cash covered it in 2002.

One of my all time fave songs.

Professional Russian
August 14th, 2016, 08:25 AM
Nine Inch Nails -Hurt

KR4DjYczINM

Johnny Cash was famous from long before he covered Hurt. People just like how his voice sounded with the lyrics. If you honestly believe he got famous from hurt id like to direct you to ring of fire, I walk the line, san quenton, his music with the highway men, duets with waylon jennings, and theres alot more i cant really think of right now

Mars
August 14th, 2016, 09:15 AM
For some reason this song just hits all the right heart strings with me
pVJWe9Tj6mU

The Byrd
August 14th, 2016, 09:36 AM
Clarence White was the second coming of God. Fuck drunk drivers:

TCPo1PDPR1Y

devotionnel
August 14th, 2016, 11:54 AM
NK7WWbXlkj4

Still holds way too much meaning to me like it did the first time I heard it.

Periphery
August 14th, 2016, 12:48 PM
Johnny Cash was famous from long before he covered Hurt. People just like how his voice sounded with the lyrics. If you honestly believe he got famous from hurt id like to direct you to ring of fire, I walk the line, san quenton, his music with the highway men, duets with waylon jennings, and theres alot more i cant really think of right now

He got /more/ famous cuz Hurt. Bram doesn't care about Cash Bram didn't bother research because Bram was and still is one pile of jetlag. :3

Professional Russian
August 14th, 2016, 01:00 PM
He got /more/ famous cuz Hurt. Bram doesn't care about Cash Bram didn't bother research because Bram was and still is one pile of jetlag. :3

trust me hurt didn't make him anymore famous. his death a couple months later is what made that spike not that cover

Periphery
August 14th, 2016, 02:27 PM
trust me hurt didn't make him anymore famous. his death a couple months later is what made that spike not that cover

Fair enough, my point still is that Nine Inch Nails deserve more credit as Cash actually got more for it.

Professional Russian
August 14th, 2016, 02:35 PM
Fair enough, my point still is that Nine Inch Nails deserve more credit as Cash actually got more for it.

Im not gonna argue that being they made the original version and deserve all the credit for the song

Mynick
August 14th, 2016, 02:43 PM
3brcfttchzA
The song by itself is glorious. An amazing symphony. However this interpretation is just out of this world.
I beg you to listen to it.

Faith Collapsing
August 16th, 2016, 12:02 AM
Tool-Right In Two

Meron
August 16th, 2016, 12:06 AM
ETfiUYij5UE

Enough said.

Bravado
August 16th, 2016, 04:02 PM
ETfiUYij5UE

Enough said.

legendary.

ImCoolBeans
August 18th, 2016, 10:55 PM
JIyQZrgvYew

I was at this concert.

Amethyst Rose
August 18th, 2016, 11:01 PM
There are so many I can't choose. I'll say Fell On Black Days by Soundgarden because #1, they're one of my favorite bands; #2, it's one of my favorite songs by them, and #3 it's the last song I listened to.

Marty24
August 29th, 2016, 01:57 AM
i think there are lot of songs like that. Brick on the wall, Eminem- I'm not afraid. Just love these songs. I think all should here it.

Sonicomsk
September 9th, 2016, 08:01 AM
fjwWjx7Cw8I

Elvisfan
September 10th, 2016, 05:16 AM
I would say, elvis Presley if I can dream. It is a wonderful song!!

jake97aus
September 13th, 2016, 12:23 PM
Any song by Patti LaBelle, Whitney Houston, or Vanessa Amorosi!
They're all fantastic singers imo

Karkat
September 13th, 2016, 12:34 PM
Something- The Beatles, or Between the Bars- Elliott Smith