PDA

View Full Version : Skyrim or Original Fallout(s)?

EuRo
August 12th, 2016, 10:46 PM
Should I get Skyrim or the original Fallout games?

It's either:

Skyrim

or

Fallout: A Post-Nuclear Roleplaying Game
Fallout 2: A Post-Nuclear Roleplaying Game
Fallout Tactics: Brotherhood of Steel

Flapjack
August 12th, 2016, 10:47 PM
Skyrim, it's not even close xD

Drewboyy
August 12th, 2016, 11:23 PM
Bro, Skyrim is pretty obvious

AussieNicholas
August 13th, 2016, 12:54 AM
I've only played a little bit of the first Fallout game, and I honestly can't get used to the gameplay style since I'm so used to Fallout 3 and New Vegas. Skyrim is excellent if you prefer the Bethesda style of RPGs, but if you want a more classic experience or post-apocalyptic setting, then get one of the classic Fallout games (they're very cheap on Steam, I think).

Periphery
August 13th, 2016, 02:30 AM
Never played any of the original Fallout games sooo Skyrim.

devotionnel
August 13th, 2016, 02:39 AM
Skyrim Skyrim Skyrim

Joel99
August 13th, 2016, 12:51 PM
Skyrim, like everyone else is saying, I agree. It has super-replayability too due to mods.

EuRo
August 13th, 2016, 06:22 PM
Sadly I was unable to run Skyrim (properly) on my craptop, so I'm refunding it. It looks like a fun game, and I'd play it if it weren't for the horrible frames I get.

Thanks for your opinions, everyone!

AussieNicholas
August 13th, 2016, 07:32 PM
Sadly I was unable to run Skyrim (properly) on my craptop, so I'm refunding it. It looks like a fun game, and I'd play it if it weren't for the horrible frames I get.

If you've got an Xbox One or PS4, then maybe you can get the Remastered edition. It'll have mod support just like Fallout 4 does.

Gwen
August 14th, 2016, 12:21 AM
If you've got an Xbox One or PS4, then maybe you can get the Remastered edition. It'll have mod support just like Fallout 4 does.

Keep in mind the mod support for Xbox on Skyrim is limited to 2GB and PS4 is 900MB, which can be extremely limiting considering Immersive Armours alone took up 418MB~ on my PC alone.

Desynchronized
August 14th, 2016, 12:59 AM

off topic: if your laptop is so low end then you can try stalker: call of pripyat, its very low end and is the same as fallout just with better shooting mechanics. You can mix up some mods if the graphics are too outdated. But definately recommended.

EuRo
August 14th, 2016, 01:07 AM
off topic: if your laptop is so low end then you can try stalker: call of pripyat, its very low end and is the same as fallout just with better shooting mechanics. You can mix up some mods if the graphics are too outdated. But definately recommended.

Lol, dude, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is so buggy and really poorly optimized. I appreciate the recommendation but I'm going to keep my eyes on Fallout. :)

Desynchronized
August 14th, 2016, 01:10 AM
Lol, dude, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is so buggy and really poorly optimized. I appreciate the recommendation but I'm going to keep my eyes on Fallout. :)

hey....thats a bit weird. It worked well for me. Tho anyways you wanna chat through vm?

VTGEEK14
August 14th, 2016, 01:30 AM
Skyrim!

devotionnel
August 14th, 2016, 02:35 PM

That's a shame :( you should get the console edition if you have a console... a remastered version is being released in October for PS4 and Xbox One if you're interested in getting it :P

Taint
August 14th, 2016, 06:20 PM
Definitely Skyrim, I'm really looking forward to the re-release.

Edit: I just saw it didn't work. Sorry man, that sucks.

Gethazzed
August 14th, 2016, 06:22 PM
Skyrim

Silicate Wielder
August 24th, 2016, 04:49 PM
Should I get Skyrim or the original Fallout games?

It's either:

Skyrim

or

Fallout: A Post-Nuclear Roleplaying Game
Fallout 2: A Post-Nuclear Roleplaying Game
Fallout Tactics: Brotherhood of Steel

I think The original Fallout is legally free these days, but don't take my word for it.