PDA

View Full Version : No Man's Sky

Srom
August 12th, 2016, 11:12 AM
Anybody get the new game No Man's Sky? It's really truly amazing, and I've been enjoying it ever since it came out.

Flapjack
August 12th, 2016, 11:30 AM
Has it released on PC yet?

Unknwn
August 12th, 2016, 12:35 PM
Same! I'm hooked on it right now lol

Srom
August 12th, 2016, 12:39 PM
Has it released on PC yet?

Yes, it should be released on the 12th.

Periphery
August 12th, 2016, 01:54 PM
I want it but 60 euro's is quite allot of money. Does look awesome though.

Bravado
August 12th, 2016, 02:19 PM
I have about 6 hours into it right now and i think it's okay. It definitely looks more amazing than it is. The first few hours are wpnderful because you get to discover planets for the first time and the novelty of the game is quite impactful. Now I'm not sure wether I really like it though. It's a beautiful game but I find it quite repetitive. Especially the mining of resources gets quite boring after a while.

Flapjack
August 12th, 2016, 03:56 PM
I think I will wait a month and see reviews before buying :)

Srom
August 12th, 2016, 04:31 PM
I have about 6 hours into it right now and i think it's okay. It definitely looks more amazing than it is. The first few hours are wpnderful because you get to discover planets for the first time and the novelty of the game is quite impactful. Now I'm not sure wether I really like it though. It's a beautiful game but I find it quite repetitive. Especially the mining of resources gets quite boring after a while.

I've probably played about a days worth of it. The exciting part was getting to travel and explore different planets, but I agree with you when getting material can be repetitive.

Paraxiom
August 12th, 2016, 05:55 PM
Looks like nothing I have quite seen before. The title cars deserves some award, in my view. I'm tempted into getting it, but don't want it to be so good that it drains my mental energy and time from other things in general life. I'm staying to videos of playthroughs for now.

Kuroshiro
August 12th, 2016, 06:27 PM
I would love to get but it is a little on the pricy side (I buy most games during steam sales), but I have watched a playthrough and like that you can take off from the planet very quickly

Flapjack
August 12th, 2016, 08:32 PM
I just got the game!! It is fun but kinda underwhelming!!! I think it will either get loads better when I fix my ship or just get crazy boring.

Joel99
August 13th, 2016, 12:46 PM
A lot of people say it's underwhelming. What are they complaining about, and is it true?

Flapjack
August 13th, 2016, 12:55 PM
A lot of people say it's underwhelming. What are they complaining about, and is it true?
It is just so boring!! Fixed my space ship and am flying around and it is just travelling 20 mins to go somewhere and looking for rocks. So boring.

Srom
August 13th, 2016, 02:41 PM

I feel like when you land on a planet you should be able to have some sort of land vehicle, but they don't and instead walk. I mean you could use your ship, but the launch thrusters get used up really easily and you have to fill them up constantly.

Joel99
August 13th, 2016, 03:46 PM
I feel like when you land on a planet you should be able to have some sort of land vehicle, but they don't and instead walk. I mean you could use your ship, but the launch thrusters get used up really easily and you have to fill them up constantly.

That sounds very... nitpicky of them. I don't know much about the game, but it seems like a very minor thing.

Joel99
August 13th, 2016, 03:48 PM
It is just so boring!! Fixed my space ship and am flying around and it is just travelling 20 mins to go somewhere and looking for rocks. So boring.

Ah, okay. I do really enjoy exploring in games though, typically. To each their own!

Flapjack
August 13th, 2016, 03:55 PM
Ah, okay. I do really enjoy exploring in games though, typically. To each their own!
Yeah tbh I am kinda starting to enjoy it but I am playing it in short bursts because for me at least it gets boring so fast:)

Joel99
August 13th, 2016, 04:28 PM
Yeah tbh I am kinda starting to enjoy it but I am playing it in short bursts because for me at least it gets boring so fast:)

Thanks for the help, anyways! Did you dislike exploration in other games too?

Flapjack
August 15th, 2016, 07:01 AM
I think I should update people as I really am starting to enjoy No Man's Sky now :')

everlong
August 16th, 2016, 02:46 PM
I've heard bad things about it. I don't have any plans to get it nevertheless.