PDA

View Full Version : Child Abuse. Yes or no?

Xman31
August 11th, 2016, 08:22 AM
Should I report my dad under child abuse?
I made this post about my dad earlier, if you've read it vote what you think.
http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2029626

VTGEEK14
August 11th, 2016, 08:26 AM
What did he do?

Just JT
August 11th, 2016, 08:38 AM
Do I thinks it's abuse? Yes
Should you report him?
That's not so easy to answer. If this was a 1 time thing, think he's teaching you something. Not saying I like or agree with his methods caus I don't.
If he's making you feel the way you posted about in the first thread, that's a problem. Like I said then you can probably work through it if you have help to resolve the problem. Maybe just talk to him. But if he's not approachable like that maybe you need someone like a counselor to help. Reporting him will probably get him in trouble, and MIGHT be a hasty decision.

Also sounds like your still struggling with it, but also you shouldn't hit your sister. Eye for an eye?

jamie_n5
August 12th, 2016, 02:02 PM
I will stick with my original answer this:
Well you should respect your parents not fear them. Your dad should not have punched you anywhere. He may have intended to show you what your sister felt like or something but hitting any child is considered child abuse. If it happens again I think you need to report it.

Dalcourt
August 12th, 2016, 02:49 PM
It's abuse no doubt cuz punching is just not necessary. If you should report him? If it's been just this one time thing I wouldn't. You hit your sister so you are also kinda abusive...you feel your sister should take any action against you?
So I would rather talk it out or leave it be in this case.
If it gets more often you should consider reporting in...same as you should work on yourself if you feel you can't control yourself and hit your sister again. You don't want to be like your Dad...not able to control your anger and people being afraid of you, right?

Godsdaughter
October 20th, 2016, 10:22 PM
Yes, I think you should report him for child abuse. I don't want you to get hurt, dude.
I'll pray for you :)

Endeavour
October 20th, 2016, 11:08 PM
Please don't post in threads with more than two months of inactivity. :locked: