PDA

View Full Version : My best friend moved on

Ineedyou
August 11th, 2016, 02:41 AM
I have this friend who I trusted more than anyone else in my life. He's the only one i felt comfortable to tell about my sexuality and he accepted me. We've been friends for a couple years now and recently our relationship has become non existent. It all started when we both started hanging out with a new group of people, at first it was fine, but my friend began acting different around them. He became a dick to me when he was with them, I had told him how he was acting and he denies it. I have a lot of social anxiety and It got to the point where i wouldnt hang out with him if he was with them. Soon, he started only hanging out with them. He started hanging out with me less and less. Eventually, we stopped talking all together. It broke me because he is literally the only person I trust, I dont trust people easily but he knew everything about me. Ive been depressed ever since, i only leave my room if i have too. It kills me that he doesnt care at all about me anymore.

Desynchronized
August 11th, 2016, 03:59 AM
Really sorry to hear that :(. I know you feel horrible but ya, you gotta get over it. He chose to befriend some other (very wrong and immature of him), you can't do anything bout it. Try to make new friends maybe that'll help you out a lil bit. Life will move on buddy..........

Just JT
August 11th, 2016, 05:21 AM
I think we use the word friends very loosely tbh. To me he was never a friend. You were aquantnces. Either way, as much as it hurts reality is you both were never friends. Time to move o yourself. It will be hard as you trusted him and such. But he's not worth your friendship. There are other people in your life who will be your friends, just need to seem them out is all. Right here on vt are many I'm quite sure.

VTGEEK14
August 11th, 2016, 08:29 AM
People lose their friends all the time and if he cant accept you then it meand you shouldnt be friends with him

jamie_n5
August 11th, 2016, 09:29 PM
In our teen years it seems like some friends come and go quite a lot. It is hard to know if someone will stay true to you or not. I am sorry that your friend let you down and basically deserted you. As I said in our present years it seem like we have a lot of short relationships. Stay strong and you will find a new friend soon. They may not stay long either but never give up. It isn't you or anything either it is just the way things go sometimes.