PDA

View Full Version : Opening Chat?

SethfromMI
August 9th, 2016, 01:14 PM
I tried to download java on Firefox but I could not get it to work for anything. So I tried downloading Java on Internet Explorer and it says it is working. I even hear the Welcome when I open up chat, but I do not see anyone posting anything, just a white box. am I missing something?

Endeavour
August 9th, 2016, 01:16 PM
SethfromMI - Try refreshing it. I had to refresh it before all the people would come up.

Flapjack
August 9th, 2016, 01:19 PM
Oh I had that on my first startup buddy:) Leave it a bit and there should be a pop up like run java :)

Endeavour
August 9th, 2016, 01:20 PM
Oh yeah that reminded me - SethfromMI

When you load it up look out for a Pop up that says 'Are you sure you want to load addonchat' or something like that. If you tick the box you shouldn't have to do it again

SethfromMI
August 9th, 2016, 01:20 PM
SethfromMI - Try refreshing it. I had to refresh it before all the people would come up.

my chat opens up in a separate window and am not able to refresh the chat specifically

Oh I had that on my first startup buddy:) Leave it a bit and there should be a pop up like run java :)

I will try that again. I just did not know how long it should take. I just downloaded the newest version of java, so that shouldn't be the problem

[MENTION=7107]Lost Horizon I haven't even been getting that pop-up. maybe it takes time for it to appear?

Endeavour
August 9th, 2016, 01:21 PM
my chat opens up in a separate window and am not able to refresh the chat specifically

are you on Windows or Mac?

SethfromMI
August 9th, 2016, 01:22 PM
are you on Windows or Mac?

windows

Endeavour
August 9th, 2016, 01:27 PM
windows

try closing your browser down then starting it up again. It should work in firefox. When opening the chat do you get a pop up like this
http://i.stack.imgur.com/KIoQc.png

Flapjack
August 9th, 2016, 01:27 PM

I will try that again. I just did not know how long it should take. I just downloaded the newest version of java, so that shouldn't be the problem

Lost Horizon I haven't even been getting that pop-up. maybe it takes time for it to appear?
Try restarting your PC buddy:) It takes a while to pop up

SethfromMI
August 9th, 2016, 01:28 PM
try closing your browser down then starting it up again. It should work in firefox. When opening the chat do you get a pop up like this
image (http://i.stack.imgur.com/KIoQc.png)

the problem with firefox was although it says it is downloaded in explorer, it says it is not downloaded in firefox no matter how many times I try to do it

Mimikyu yea I will try doing that right now

I do appreciate the help you too, even if I don't figure it out haha

Endeavour
August 9th, 2016, 01:30 PM
the problem with firefox was although it says it is downloaded in explorer, it says it is not downloaded in firefox no matter how many times I try to do it

you might have to go into the settings to activate it in firefox:
these are taken from the java website

Open the Firefox browser or restart it, if it is already running
From the Firefox menu, select Tools, then click the Add-ons option
In the Add-ons Manager window, select Plugins
Click Java (TM) Platform plugin (Windows) or Java Applet Plug-in (Mac OS X) to select it
Check that the option selected is Ask to Activate or Always Activate or on older Firefox versions, click on the Enable button (if the button says Disable, Java is already enabled)

SethfromMI
August 9th, 2016, 02:24 PM
you might have to go into the settings to activate it in firefox:
these are taken from the java website

Open the Firefox browser or restart it, if it is already running
From the Firefox menu, select Tools, then click the Add-ons option
In the Add-ons Manager window, select Plugins
Click Java (TM) Platform plugin (Windows) or Java Applet Plug-in (Mac OS X) to select it
Check that the option selected is Ask to Activate or Always Activate or on older Firefox versions, click on the Enable button (if the button says Disable, Java is already enabled)

I got it working! thank you both again :D :D

Rendez-Vous
August 10th, 2016, 09:10 AM
By the way, Chrome doesn't support java anymore. If someone else here is using it, then other browser should be used.

VTGEEK14
August 10th, 2016, 09:18 AM
Im having the same problem

Endeavour
August 10th, 2016, 11:31 AM
Im having the same problem

Have you followed the advice above, or if you are on a Mac here: http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2030275