PDA

View Full Version : Depressed, down, bad luck, unfair cruelty, sad, long distance relationship

This is my name
August 8th, 2016, 07:16 PM
I'm in a bit of an unhappy state. I was fine two years back, well whatever you consider fine for someone when they had an abusive druggy step father. I don't find as much fun in things I loved to do prior to a year ago or maybe more. Nothing in particular seems to go right anymore. I've been to two psychiatric hospitals so far, neither of which have helped me cope with the pain I've endured for the past few years. Not only have I failed to acquire a relationship with someone I truly love, but I may be pulling the girl I'm already with into a more depressive state. I can't control my own self pity. It's hard to when everyone seems to hate you for more than likely no reason that seems obvious enough to notice. When I broke down before and tried to find help for my everlasting issues, people seem to always have this negative gravitation directed to me. They don't wish to engage in anything that may help or erase some problems. Some of those which are all probably personality teaits that originated from feeling as though I hadn't needed friends as a younger child. Now though 11 years have passed since the and I actually want people to have actual memories or good times in general. My relatives thought I was smart while I myself always thought the opposite due to previous amounts of bullying and failed attempts to converse with others. I have never beenable to control my feelings and mood swings were a bit of a nuisance. I only really wanted one person and from all the previous issues that I've had I can't seem to grasp anything. I feel sorry that I'm unable to tell who I'm with that I in all reality don't wish to be with them, but I'd hate myswlf even more if I put someone in the place that someone else had already placed me. Is there anyone who can understand my perspective...

DriveAlive
August 8th, 2016, 07:32 PM
I know a priest who once said that being happy is a decision about how you choose to see the world. One day he decided to be happy and every day has been a great day since. This may sound like a useless platitude to some, but I thought I would share it just in case you find it helpful.

Flapjack
August 9th, 2016, 08:40 AM
I'm in a bit of an unhappy state. I was fine two years back, well whatever you consider fine for someone when they had an abusive druggy step father. I don't find as much fun in things I loved to do prior to a year ago or maybe more. Nothing in particular seems to go right anymore. I've been to two psychiatric hospitals so far, neither of which have helped me cope with the pain I've endured for the past few years. Not only have I failed to acquire a relationship with someone I truly love, but I may be pulling the girl I'm already with into a more depressive state. I can't control my own self pity. It's hard to when everyone seems to hate you for more than likely no reason that seems obvious enough to notice. When I broke down before and tried to find help for my everlasting issues, people seem to always have this negative gravitation directed to me. They don't wish to engage in anything that may help or erase some problems. Some of those which are all probably personality teaits that originated from feeling as though I hadn't needed friends as a younger child. Now though 11 years have passed since the and I actually want people to have actual memories or good times in general. My relatives thought I was smart while I myself always thought the opposite due to previous amounts of bullying and failed attempts to converse with others. I have never beenable to control my feelings and mood swings were a bit of a nuisance. I only really wanted one person and from all the previous issues that I've had I can't seem to grasp anything. I feel sorry that I'm unable to tell who I'm with that I in all reality don't wish to be with them, but I'd hate myswlf even more if I put someone in the place that someone else had already placed me. Is there anyone who can understand my perspective...
I get how you feel buddy:( Maybe try hiding your self pity if it is bringing her down? I know that is not the advice I should give and I know people should be open about it so they can get help but maybe only hide it from her? Only tell her if you really need her support? Sorry I don't think this helps:( Hope you get better soon!!

jamie_n5
August 9th, 2016, 11:45 AM
You need to try get out of your rut that you are in. Be positive and start trying to look for the good in life. I am sure that things will improve for you.

This is my name
August 14th, 2016, 12:15 AM
Thank you

Just JT
August 14th, 2016, 12:35 AM
I think sometimes were faced with really hard decisions that we know will impact other people and get all twisted up in that. So we end up staying in that situation cause it's easier, we don't know what else to do.

If you can look down the road and see a goal, the who what where whatever in your life, and work takers that, the goal to make you happy. If those around you love you enough, they'll follow you. If not, they probably probably didn't love you as much as you believed