PDA

View Full Version : Harley Quinn? + New Joker

James_Wilson
August 6th, 2016, 12:18 AM
So this seems to be a popular topic among media. What does everybody think of Harley Quinn in the new Suicide Squad? Many people say she has been sexualized and others say she was that way from the start.
I personally would say that she has been enhanced sexually. In the comics, it seems she has been seen wearing the red and black suit, which while still sexualized at least wasn't revealing.

And thoughts on Jared Leto as the new Joker?? I myself do not really like Jared as the Joker, I believe William Dafoe would do a more appropriate portrayal as the Joker.
PS Not sure if this is the right place to put this...

Flapjack
August 6th, 2016, 12:37 AM
I think the actress did an amazing job as Harley Quinn!! I see how Harley has changed but I wouldn't say was over sexualised, it fits her character.

I thought Jared did a good job:)

lemondrop
August 6th, 2016, 08:54 AM
maybe she was too sexualized i kinda agree, but it also showed her craziness so it's all good..
i love Jared Leto he's an amazing actor ,i think he did a great job
Harley and the "Puddin'" fits great in my opinion :D

Emerald Dream
August 6th, 2016, 09:33 AM
Tech Junky's Paradise :arrow: Television/Cinema

This fits better over here :)

Joel99
August 13th, 2016, 12:32 PM
It's cool to see that everyone thought so differently about the movie.

I think Margot Robbie does a good job playing a character - but I don't think she does a good job playing Harley Quinn. I understand that's not up to her at all, but Harley Quinn was reduced from a very interesting character to a punchline dispenser in this movie in my opinion.

Jared Leto does an... alright job playing the Joker, and as for Margot Robbie, it's not exactly his fault his character doesn't work. I don't like this new adaptation of the joker, but it might be because of the semi-cringeworthy editing in his scenes.

Slap a post on my wall if you feel like discussing.

nebula
August 14th, 2016, 03:03 PM
maybe she was too sexualized i kinda agree

http://images-cdn.moviepilot.com/image/upload/c_scale,h_405,w_819/t_mp_quality/new-suicide-squad-harley-quinn-featured-check-out-how-much-harley-quinn-s-costume-has-changed-over-years-of-comics-tv-shows-video-games-png-276119.jpg

I highly disagree... although her first original appearances in the DC comics did show her in a full clowns outfit showing little skin, she has become sexualised over time. Suicide Squad is not the first appearance of this.

And thoughts on Jared Leto as the new Joker?? I myself do not really like Jared as the Joker, I believe William Dafoe would do a more appropriate portrayal as the Joker.

I feel like Leto played the role justice in the film, and although his costume and overall look strayed a lot from the other Jokers (see = Heath Ledger, etc) it is very original and like a modernised 21st century version of these original Jokers.

I personally do not think Dafoe would play the role very well, and he would not have been able to fit to the newly modernised facade that the new Joker represents. Leto was an ideal actor for the role.

Jinglebottom
August 14th, 2016, 03:12 PM
I found Harley Quinn to be quite entertaining, definitely the best part of the movie for me.

lemondrop
August 14th, 2016, 05:37 PM
image (http://images-cdn.moviepilot.com/image/upload/c_scale,h_405,w_819/t_mp_quality/new-suicide-squad-harley-quinn-featured-check-out-how-much-harley-quinn-s-costume-has-changed-over-years-of-comics-tv-shows-video-games-png-276119.jpg)

I highly disagree... although her first original appearances in the DC comics did show her in a full clowns outfit showing little skin, she has become sexualised over time. Suicide Squad is not the first appearance of this.

I feel like Leto played the role justice in the film, and although his costume and overall look strayed a lot from the other Jokers (see = Heath Ledger, etc) it is very original and like a modernised 21st century version of these original Jokers.

I personally do not think Dafoe would play the role very well, and he would not have been able to fit to the newly modernised facade that the new Joker represents. Leto was an ideal actor for the role.

OP asked; what do you think about harley's appearance in the suicide squad,so that was my answer :)

The Byrd
August 15th, 2016, 04:08 PM
Harley Quinn is named Harley Quinn because the original character dressed like a harlequin. It was a stupid goofy play on words because fucking comics and superheroes and cartoons are entertainment for children. But because sociopathic neckbearded manchildren in their 30s have to hijack children's media and turn everything into creepy perverted sexual fantasy, Harley Quinn now dresses like a dishrag whore and has no connection to harlequins at all, making her goofy cornball name utterly pointless. Fuck comic book movies and all of the worthless imbeciles who masturbate to children's characters.

lyhom
August 16th, 2016, 01:35 PM
Harley Quinn is named Harley Quinn because the original character dressed like a harlequin. It was a stupid goofy play on words because fucking comics and superheroes and cartoons are entertainment for children. But because sociopathic neckbearded manchildren in their 30s have to hijack children's media and turn everything into creepy perverted sexual fantasy, Harley Quinn now dresses like a dishrag whore and has no connection to harlequins at all, making her goofy cornball name utterly pointless. Fuck comic book movies and all of the worthless imbeciles who masturbate to children's characters.

:rolleyes:

chill