PDA

View Full Version : Don't drink vinegar to cure hiccups

Kuroshiro
August 5th, 2016, 04:51 PM
I was watching a YouTube video and it said that you could get rid of your hiccups 100% of the time by drinking vinegar.

Later that week I got the hiccups so decided to take a swig of vinegar. It did cure my hiccups but that may have been due to the fact that I was more preoccupied with the extreme burning sensation of having drunk out of a bottle of what is essentially acid. Not my smartest moment.

Keep the hiccups it is not worth it.

Amethyst Rose
August 5th, 2016, 04:56 PM
I hate vinegar so I DEFINITELY wouldn't do it. Drinking water to get rid of hiccups works just fine for me.

Just JT
August 5th, 2016, 05:06 PM
You didn't like goodle it to see what'll happen?

everlong
August 5th, 2016, 05:06 PM
I don't think I would've ever planned on it anyway, but thanks for the heads up. I usually find holding my breath or drinking large amounts of water quickly do the trick nicely.

Kuroshiro
August 5th, 2016, 05:38 PM
I'm a little impulsive at times so I just wanted to put theory in to practice; either way it was pretty stupid of me.

Flapjack
August 5th, 2016, 07:44 PM
I never knew it was that acidic xD

Dalcourt
August 5th, 2016, 09:38 PM
lol...never crossed my mind to try cure hiccups with vinegar...water works fine...so lesson don't believe everything on the internet haha.
hope you quickly recovered from your acid drink

Abyssal Echo
August 5th, 2016, 09:41 PM
I never knew it was that acidic xD

yup its acidic. I know that both white and apple cider vinegar have a lot of uses never thought of using it for hiccups though.

Emerald Dream
August 5th, 2016, 09:54 PM
Actually drinking vinegar seems pretty gross anyways.

I've always gotten rid of hiccups by getting a mouthful of water, bending over at the waist, and swallowing.

Blue Jean Baby
August 5th, 2016, 10:13 PM
The burning in your throat might take your mind off the hiccups. lol

A awesome hiccup stopper is biting into a slice of lemon dipped in white sugar, and just letting it sit in your mouth a few seconds. It has worked every time I've had bad hiccups, and everyone that I know that's tried it has said the same thing.