PDA

View Full Version : First Day of High School

Kory123
August 4th, 2016, 10:53 AM
Okay this isn't puberty related really-ish, but I'm going to high school in about a week and I'm nervous af. My high school is huge and I'm just one person, I don't really have friends because my "friends" have other friends they'd rather hang out with :(. I'm scared and nervous. I don't really think I fit in anywhere... IM SCARED. HELP ME AND GIVE ME ADVICE

the reason why i posted this in the puberty for boys section is, I didn't see a better place to put it, if there is I overlooked it. I've always used this forum section and I know there are more older and younger guys who read stuff here. Maybe more guys can relate or share past experiences here?.

Ima try to make this puberty related...... I'm going through puberty along with other freshmen dudes, I'm short though. I'm 14 and around 5 foot 3-4 inches tall. I DONT WANNA BE SHORT.

Thank you for reading, much appreciated:)

P.S - FOR ALL YOU GUYS THAT HAVE ADVICE BUT DONT HAVE AN ACCOUNT AND TOO LAZY TO MAKE ONE SO YOU CAN BE KIND ENOUGH TO GIVE THIS KID ADVICE. DO NOT CLICK THE BACK BUTTON! MAKE AN ACCOUNT! ALL IS APPRECIATED

P.S.S/ P.P.S - I don't know what pspspsp to use and I'm not yelling above, I think caps is fun to use:cool:

VTGEEK14
August 4th, 2016, 10:58 AM
Im going to my first day to, all I can say is don't make an idiot out of yourself and you may get picked on for being a fresh men, most people I know say freshmen is the worst year for them.

Just JT
August 4th, 2016, 11:31 AM
Yeah so im not sure how your making this puberty related other than your going through it with every other freshman in the world lol!!

But yeah HS is scarry. I start there this year to. It's kinda nerve racking tbh. The only good thing I got is I've been in the school a bunch. And my BF already goes there and I, friends with a lot of his friends. But I don't know anyone in my grade who's going. Somyeahnthats kinda like starting at a new school you don't know anyone at.

Just be yourself, don't seem all scared and timid cause some asshole will pick up on it and be an asshole. Just walk in head up and act as confident as you felt in your last school. It's only a building, different walls, it has teachers to. No alligators or anything, so you'll come home with all your body parts.

I no, sarcastic, I'm sorry, but serious, just relax and be yourself. Other guys are guna feel the same so your not alone. Know that. And after the first day, it'll be normal

ska8er
August 4th, 2016, 11:55 AM
If u r just starting puberty ur going to get
taller so don't keep thinking that u wont so
just wait for that-as for first day of school I
think many of us fear that to a degree-we fear
the unknown and after awhile once u get to
know how things r u get over that fear. The
thing is don't let others know that u have fears
cause then they will find that u r weak and they
will have that against u from the very start. Watch
other guys or girls that seem to be alone or quiet
and r not mingling with anyone and go up and
introduce urself-it is one way of making friends
cause they probably have the same fears and
doubts that u have-to make friends u have to b
a friend-if u need to open up to someone-u can
message me.

Harrier
August 4th, 2016, 01:39 PM
Just remember 99% of the other freshmen feel the same way. Even the confident kids with friends don't know what to expect. Just go into it not to scared cuz there's really nothing to be scared of. Just go into it like an adventure and relaxed ... walk into school like you're going to a movie theater and take your seat like it's a movie seat. Watch what goes on around you and ask questions if you have them. and try to make friends, but don't be somebody your not, kids can see thru that crap. You'll be fine.

Flapjack
August 4th, 2016, 02:28 PM
Okay this isn't puberty related really-ish, but I'm going to high school in about a week and I'm nervous af. My high school is huge and I'm just one person, I don't really have friends because my "friends" have other friends they'd rather hang out with :(. I'm scared and nervous. I don't really think I fit in anywhere... IM SCARED. HELP ME AND GIVE ME ADVICE

the reason why i posted this in the puberty for boys section is, I didn't see a better place to put it, if there is I overlooked it. I've always used this forum section and I know there are more older and younger guys who read stuff here. Maybe more guys can relate or share past experiences here?.

Ima try to make this puberty related...... I'm going through puberty along with other freshmen dudes, I'm short though. I'm 14 and around 5 foot 3-4 inches tall. I DONT WANNA BE SHORT.

Thank you for reading, much appreciated:)

P.S - FOR ALL YOU GUYS THAT HAVE ADVICE BUT DONT HAVE AN ACCOUNT AND TOO LAZY TO MAKE ONE SO YOU CAN BE KIND ENOUGH TO GIVE THIS KID ADVICE. DO NOT CLICK THE BACK BUTTON! MAKE AN ACCOUNT! ALL IS APPRECIATED

P.S.S/ P.P.S - I don't know what pspspsp to use and I'm not yelling above, I think caps is fun to use:cool:
How old are you buddy?:)

jamie_n5
August 4th, 2016, 03:26 PM
Your not alone dude. I am sure the other freshman are nervous too. I feel bad that you don't have any friends to hang with the first day. Talk to people and you will make new friends. You will be alright. Good luck.

Kory123
August 4th, 2016, 08:55 PM
How old are you buddy?:)
Just turned 14, gonna be a freshman in a week

Your not alone dude. I am sure the other freshman are nervous too. I feel bad that you don't have any friends to hang with the first day. Talk to people and you will make new friends. You will be alright. Good luck.

Just remember 99% of the other freshmen feel the same way. Even the confident kids with friends don't know what to expect. Just go into it not to scared cuz there's really nothing to be scared of. Just go into it like an adventure and relaxed ... walk into school like you're going to a movie theater and take your seat like it's a movie seat. Watch what goes on around you and ask questions if you have them. and try to make friends, but don't be somebody your not, kids can see thru that crap. You'll be fine.

If u r just starting puberty ur going to get
taller so don't keep thinking that u wont so
just wait for that-as for first day of school I
think many of us fear that to a degree-we fear
the unknown and after awhile once u get to
know how things r u get over that fear. The
thing is don't let others know that u have fears
cause then they will find that u r weak and they
will have that against u from the very start. Watch
other guys or girls that seem to be alone or quiet
and r not mingling with anyone and go up and
introduce urself-it is one way of making friends
cause they probably have the same fears and
doubts that u have-to make friends u have to b
a friend-if u need to open up to someone-u can
message me.

Yeah so im not sure how your making this puberty related other than your going through it with every other freshman in the world lol!!

But yeah HS is scarry. I start there this year to. It's kinda nerve racking tbh. The only good thing I got is I've been in the school a bunch. And my BF already goes there and I, friends with a lot of his friends. But I don't know anyone in my grade who's going. Somyeahnthats kinda like starting at a new school you don't know anyone at.

Just be yourself, don't seem all scared and timid cause some asshole will pick up on it and be an asshole. Just walk in head up and act as confident as you felt in your last school. It's only a building, different walls, it has teachers to. No alligators or anything, so you'll come home with all your body parts.

I no, sarcastic, I'm sorry, but serious, just relax and be yourself. Other guys are guna feel the same so your not alone. Know that. And after the first day, it'll be normal

Im going to my first day to, all I can say is don't make an idiot out of yourself and you may get picked on for being a fresh men, most people I know say freshmen is the worst year for them.

Thanks I appreciate your words of wisdom, I also would appreciate the other people who are now reading this message to post advice because they are awesome.

ska8er
August 4th, 2016, 09:01 PM
Thanks I appreciate your words of wisdom, I also would appreciate the other people who are now reading this message to post advice because they are awesome.

Bro-u should have lots of friends
cause ur Cool. :cool::yes:

Flapjack
August 4th, 2016, 09:39 PM
Just turned 14, gonna be a freshman in a week
You have a lot more growing left to do, don't worry:)

Jordanchill
August 4th, 2016, 10:28 PM
The best thing for you to do is be yourself. You don't want to put on an act and have others not really know who you are. You will make friends. Sit with a group of kids at lunch time and get to know them. Joining clubs you are interested in will also make it easy to make friends as the others in the group have the same interests as you. Everything will work out in the end. And remember that you don't always have to have a big friend group. Sometimes it is much better to have 1-2 close friends that get to really know you. As for the height, you are only 14, you will grow. You can find height calculators online. Not sure how accurate they are though.

PinkFloyd
August 4th, 2016, 11:26 PM
Let me start out by saying that socially speaking, high school doesn't really matter. Your main goal is to do well so your future is better. You will meet new people. Don't try and overdo it by fitting in with the "popular kids." After all, the popular kids don't usually have good lives since the best pert of their lives is usually high school; it's all down hill from there. When I was in ninth grade, there was a group of about 10 popular seniors that would go around, bullying other seniors and everyone else. I somehow got on their good side and hung out with them. They all had rich parents and drove fancy cars. It was cool at first, but they were all so painfully douchey that I distanced myself from them. The things they would do for laughs was terrible. They threw things and their classmates from their convertible BMWs in the parking lot; yelled mean things at old people, and more really toxic, activities. They were the kings and queens of the school though and that's all that mattered to them.

Wanna know where they are now? Well, I think two of them got into state schools, which is cool I guess, but the other eight are scraping along. Some are doing hard drugs. One of them is pregnant and alone; they are all bottom feeders of society. They're in their early 20s, but I doubt they'll live past 35 if they continue to hang out at McDonald's at 3 am doing drugs...

Those people had everything they wanted for all of high school and the summer afterwards; but once it came time for them to go out into the real world, they didn't know what to do. All they knew was being stuck up jerks. Being popular doesn't help you get a job or pay rent. My advice to you is to just be the best you that you can be. I went to school with a few major losers that had zero friends. Basically, what you and everyone else is afraid of. The thing is that the losers I'm talking about were bad; REALLY bad. They were a group of extremely religious kids that believed in witchcraft. They walked around the school casting spells on people they didn't like. I was genuinely afraid that they were going to shoot up the school. My point is that to be an outcast, you REALLY have to deserve it. High school isn't like it is in movies and TV. You'll be great. :)

Living For Love
August 5th, 2016, 04:20 AM
Puberty For Boys :arrow2: Education & Careers.

Jinglebottom
August 5th, 2016, 03:28 PM
They were a group of extremely religious kids that believed in witchcraft. They walked around the school casting spells on people they didn't like.
Why am I laughing so hard at this holy shit.

Bull
August 5th, 2016, 03:52 PM
Why am I laughing so hard at this holy shit.

Because you are knowledgeable and have a super sense of humor! :yeah:

Sloth
August 17th, 2016, 12:38 PM
For making friends: I recommend talking to people in your classes. The boy that is my best friend I met on the first day of high school because I was late and had to sit next to him. We wouldn't know each other now if he hadn't said hi. My golden rule is to have ONE friend to talk to in each class that can help if needed.

For height: Entering HS I was 5'6, I am 6'1 now. People grow at their own rates.