PDA

View Full Version : Spotted UFO?

Uranus
August 3rd, 2016, 08:26 PM
Heys guys so I was looking at YouTube and came across Area 51 videos and found some "spottings" and went to Google Maps and found something interesting?

https://goo.gl/maps/9fWEqZaLck12

What's your opinion? Also what is that odd ring/(crater?) surrounding it?

Flapjack
August 3rd, 2016, 08:28 PM
Looks like a building? Seems like there are paths going to it? Also, isn't Area 51 used to develop planes and weapons? Maybe it's a bomb crater?

Paraxiom
August 3rd, 2016, 08:32 PM
Uranus

Though I am not against the existence of the general implied source of 'proper' UFOs (I have had my moments), I feel most of the time those claims are more on enthusiastic speculation and with less appeal to 'closer' explanations, than they should be.

I'm theorising that this is some experimental human technology, taking what look to be some trucks or prefabs beside it.

EDIT: It looks to be a tower, because the slight south-east camera perspective angle on it is giving a cylindrical feel to the immediate south-east of the disk.

Mimikyu

The center of the crater you speak of appears to have too much structure to it. I'd be expecting shadows on the inside south edge of the disk then, not on the north outside it. The object is up from the ground.

(This is fun and a return of quickfire ROTW. :D )

Flapjack
August 3rd, 2016, 08:39 PM
Though I am not against the existence of the general implied source of 'proper' UFOs (I have had my moments), I feel most of the time those claims are more on enthusiastic speculation and using less appeal to 'closer' explanations, than they should be.

I'm theorising that this is some experimental human technology, taking what look to be some trucks or prefabs beside it.

@Mimikyu (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/member.php?u=122060)

The center of the crater you speak of appears to have too much structure to it. I'd be expecting shadows on the inside south edge of the disk then, not on the north outside it. The object is up from the ground.
Yeah you're right about the shadows buddy! I think it is a building because there are marks in the dirt that come from the road and looks like the marks a truck would make:)
https://s32.postimg.org/vxy03occl/Picture1.png

Paraxiom
August 3rd, 2016, 08:44 PM
Yeah you're right about the shadows buddy! I think it is a building because there are marks in the dirt that come from the road and looks like the marks a truck would make:)

That's the best I can do with the general object. What would be an extra is guessing how tall in metres it is (which could be done).

We need more quickfire ROTW threads.

Uranus
August 3rd, 2016, 08:46 PM
image (https://s32.postimg.org/vxy03occl/Picture1.png)

I would assume tracks leading to the UO (not UFO)
Would be tracks leading to it in order to do research? If it was a ufo there would be tracks regardless

Also Paraxiom it is roughly50ft across

SethfromMI
August 3rd, 2016, 08:50 PM
I have always been mixed about what goes on behind Area-51. I do believe it is probably military weapon testing/stuff of that nature, but I have wondered if there is anything else secret being hidden, not necessarily aliens, but what just may be

Flapjack
August 3rd, 2016, 08:50 PM
I would assume tracks leading to the UO (not UFO)
Would be tracks leading to it in order to do research? If it was a ufo there would be tracks regardless

Also @Paraxiom (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/member.php?u=89180) it is roughly50ft across
I dunno dudeee I am pretty sure they would have taken the UFO inside xD Also world governments can have stuff not show stuff on google maps like an SAS base:)
I have always been mixed about what goes on behind Area-51. I do believe it is probably military weapon testing/stuff of that nature, but I have wondered if there is anything else secret being hidden, not necessarily aliens, but what just may be
Yeahhh I agree :) Maybe nothing exciting but illegal like chemical weapons being developed? Antimatter bombs? I have heard so many conspiracy theories?

SethfromMI
August 3rd, 2016, 08:53 PM
I dunno dudeee I am pretty sure they would have taken the UFO inside xD Also world governments not show stuff on google maps like an SAS base:)

Yeahhh I agree :) Maybe nothing exciting but illegal like chemical weapons being developed? Antimatter bombs? I have heard so many conspiracy theories?

I would lean more towards the chemical (possible biological) type bombs and stuff of that nature. to be honest, I think the government is ok with the alien rumors, it helps keep people away from what is really probably going on there

Microcosm
August 3rd, 2016, 10:54 PM
If the government were trying to cover up Area 51 UFOs, I'd think blurring out sections of Google Earth would be a pretty high priority. So, I don't think this is anything more than a building, or, like previously mentioned, a bomb shelter. It could also be a 360 degree viewing building for bomb testing(hence it's circular shape). All of this is purely speculation.

I do believe that aliens are possible. The evidence is really staggering, but this particular piece doesn't seem like much.

mattsmith48
August 3rd, 2016, 11:00 PM
It looks like some kind of building. Its obviously not a UFO there is no evidence that thing if flying

Paraxiom
August 4th, 2016, 07:23 AM
The tower (as I see it) is probably between 75 and 150 feet high then, somewhere around that.

The ring around it appears to be the outside edge of a conical slope of the group coming up to the tower's base.

Reise
August 4th, 2016, 04:37 PM
"Hey guys, do you know where this 50ft alien space craft from warehouse 13 has gone?"

"Yeah we put it near Mercury Highway to troll Google's satellites."

ImCoolBeans
August 9th, 2016, 10:05 AM
I don't think it's a UFO. It looks like the plot of land is cleared out, and it's almost perfectly at the intersection of a highway. I also feel like if it were a UFO the government would be all over that and it probably wouldn't be on Google maps :P

Paraxiom
August 9th, 2016, 11:11 AM
I don't think it's a UFO. It looks like the plot of land is cleared out, and it's almost perfectly at the intersection of a highway. I also feel like if it were a UFO the government would be all over that and it probably wouldn't be on Google maps :P

Words from the wise master above!

I agree though anyway.