PDA

View Full Version : Animal rights.

Jane Eyre
August 3rd, 2016, 11:34 AM
okay, so I just saw something today that made my heart bleed. My neighbors have a weird habit of keeping dogs as pets and then, killing them. like, every year they bring home around 5 or 6 puppies and keep them in pathetic conditions. they starve those poor creatures and beat them mercilessly. recently, they killed a puppy because he was too weak from starvation to be of any use. I find it horrible and barbaric and even though I earnestly want to stop this, I can't. I can't report about it as we don't really have any animals rights organization in my town.
what should I do?

Flapjack
August 3rd, 2016, 11:38 AM
I am not too familiar with what rights animals have in India but if what they're doing is illegal, please report them to the police! What they're doing is horrific:(

Reise
August 3rd, 2016, 12:11 PM
Not an expert in Indian Law (lol) but considering that this country officially recognizes dolphins as "non-human persons", and, taking in consideration the weight of vegetarianism in the general culture, I assume there probably are laws against such practices.

Just JT
August 3rd, 2016, 12:24 PM
As stated above and in agreement. I'd like to know what your countries laws on animal abuse and cruelty to animals laws are. I'm pretty sure they are felonies here on the USA.
We do t tolerate that to much. Think they are viewed as like one step above a pedopbile tbh. Abusing tortuing and killing things as innocent and defenseless as an animal in that condition is horrible. Just assume see them treated with the same respect

Jane Eyre
August 3rd, 2016, 12:32 PM
Not an expert in Indian Law (lol) but considering that this country officially recognizes dolphins as "non-human persons", and, taking in consideration the weight of vegetarianism in the general culture, I assume there probably are laws against such practices.

ironically, we don't have actual stringent laws in India against animal cruelties, despite the large number of vegetarians in our nation. But even if we do have, their enforcement is confined only to the cities, not in small towns. Maybe that's one of the reasons why incidents of animal cruelty are so common here...

ironically, we don't have actual stringent laws in India against animal cruelties, despite the large number of vegetarians in our nation. of course, there's PETA but even if we do have some laws, their enforcement is confined only to the cities, not in small towns. Maybe that's one of the reasons why incidents of animal cruelty are so common here...

Posts merged. Use the multi quote button next time. ~Mars

Just JT
August 3rd, 2016, 12:43 PM
That probably explains it. If there's not consist enforced laws against somethings then it's pretty hard to get them to stop.

I'm sorry you need to be exposed to this, I'd do my best to put it out of you mind the best you can. Seems like there's not a lot you can do to stop it. Short of treating them as they do their own dogs

Ghaem
August 3rd, 2016, 12:46 PM
We have laws but they need pretty strong evidences to be executed. There were some cases of Dog beating and people who did this were obligated to free the animals, pay upto 3 million Tomans and stay behind the bars for 3 days.

Porpoise101
August 3rd, 2016, 12:49 PM
okay, so I just saw something today that made my heart bleed. My neighbors have a weird habit of keeping dogs as pets and then, killing them. like, every year they bring home around 5 or 6 puppies and keep them in pathetic conditions. they starve those poor creatures and beat them mercilessly. recently, they killed a puppy because he was too weak from starvation to be of any use. I find it horrible and barbaric and even though I earnestly want to stop this, I can't. I can't report about it as we don't really have any animals rights organization in my town.
what should I do?
Do you live in a big city? If you do, you may be able to find a group that can help. Otherwise, you are out of luck. Unless you are willing to break in there... but I doubt you would want to get on the wrong side of the law. If you have other concerned neighbors, you could probably confront the animal abusers.

Why do they even get the puppies, is it for dog fighting?

Flapjack
August 3rd, 2016, 12:53 PM
We have laws but they need pretty strong evidences to be executed. There were some cases of Dog beating and people who did this were obligated to free the animals, pay upto 3 million Tomans and stay behind the bars for 3 days.
I think 100 USD and 3 days in jail is not an appropriate punishment for beating animals. You're from Iran right? The country where gay men get hung in public executions? If that is deemed an appropriate punishment for a sexuality that is not even a crime, how comes scum bags that beat animals get a tiny fine and 3 days in prison?
what should I do?
Is it they don't want the dogs? If they don't want them maybe you could ask to take them?:)

Ghaem
August 3rd, 2016, 01:50 PM
I think 100 USD and 3 days in jail is not an appropriate punishment for beating animals. You're from Iran right? The country where gay men get hung in public executions? If that is deemed an appropriate punishment for a sexuality that is not even a crime, how comes scum bags that beat animals get a tiny fine and 3 days in jail

Here comes distraction from the main topic. You like unrelated discussions? Since I am starving for it. Yet I think we have to inform the Mods about it first.
And no, homosexual men do not get hung in here for their homosexuality, unless they are scums who commit sodomy rape. I am sure you know what is rape right?

If you think that people here look for homosexuals to hang them, you are as idiot as I was hopeful that you are not. I recommend you first learn our Jurisprudence and then comment on it. I have heard enough of illiterate people unfamiliar with our laws about our laws.

For sure 3 million Tomans which is the salary of a month of many people here is enough for Dog Beating. More severe crimes are punishable by lashing and months in jail. Like burning and torturing the animals.

Flapjack
August 3rd, 2016, 02:51 PM
Here comes distraction from the main topic. You like unrelated discussions? Since I am starving for it. Yet I think we have to inform the Mods about it first.
And no, homosexual men do not get hung in here for their homosexuality, unless they are scums who commit sodomy rape. I am sure you know what is rape right?

If you think that people here look for homosexuals to hang them, you are as idiot as I was hopeful that you are not. I recommend you first learn our Jurisprudence and then comment on it. I have heard enough of illiterate people unfamiliar with our laws about our laws.

For sure 3 million Tomans which is the salary of a month of many people here is enough for Dog Beating. More severe crimes are punishable by lashing and months in jail. Like burning and torturing the animals.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/08/12/iran-s-new-gay-executions.html

I used to have an Iranian friend so I am not some clueless foreigner if that's what you're thinking :) I was more ranting about how a small fine and a joke of a jail sentence is giving to people that hurt animals because I love animals sooo much! Trust me I know how brutal Iran can be buddy I wasn't questioning that:)

Also I am literate thanks xD If me putting more letters on the end of a word makes it harder for you to read then just let me know!! I do actually know how to spell :P Also xD and :') are smiley faces I use :)

Reise
August 3rd, 2016, 03:00 PM
Mimikyu
Ghaem

Article 108: Sodomy is sexual intercourse with a male.

Article 109: In case of sodomy both the active and the passive persons will be condemned to its punishment.

Article 110: Punishment for sodomy is killing; the Sharia judge decides on how to carry out the killing.

Article 111: Sodomy involves killing if both the active and passive persons are mature, of sound mind and have free will.

Article 112: If a mature man of sound mind commits sexual intercourse with an immature person, the doer will be killed and the passive one will be subject to Ta’azir of 74 lashes if not under duress.

Article 113: If an immature person commits sexual intercourse with another immature person, both of them will be subject to Ta’azir of 74 lashes unless one of them was under duress.
http://www.iglhrc.org/sites/default/files/UNHCR%20Refworld%20Iran%20Penal%20Code.pdf

I don't know if it is exactly applied but the rules seem to be well defined.
And, yeah, off-topic but I was curious myself.

Flapjack
August 3rd, 2016, 03:03 PM
@Mimikyu (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/member.php?u=122060)
@Ghaem (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/member.php?u=122862)
Article 108: Sodomy is sexual intercourse with a male.

Article 109: In case of sodomy both the active and the passive persons will be condemned to its punishment.

Article 110: Punishment for sodomy is killing; the Sharia judge decides on how to carry out the killing.

Article 111: Sodomy involves killing if both the active and passive persons are mature, of sound mind and have free will.

Article 112: If a mature man of sound mind commits sexual intercourse with an immature person, the doer will be killed and the passive one will be subject to Ta’azir of 74 lashes if not under duress

Article 113: If an immature person commits sexual intercourse with another immature person, both of them will be subject to Ta’azir of 74 lashes unless one of them was under duress.http://www.iglhrc.org/sites/default/files/UNHCR%20Refworld%20Iran%20Penal%20Code.pdf

I don't know if it is exactly applied but the rules seem to be well defined.
And, yeah, off-topic but I was curious myself.
Well that clears it up thanks buddy! Yeah I know it's off topic but it is actually really interesting! I used to read loads about life in Iran and stuff like that:)

Vlerchan
August 3rd, 2016, 03:56 PM
Worth noting that in Iran, the testament of 3 male witnesses is required in order for the claimed-homosexual men to be charged. So, as a matter of course, there isn't a huge amount of action brought against homosexuals.

I don't agree with the legislation, nonetheless.

Mars
August 3rd, 2016, 03:58 PM
ROTW :arrow: Mother Nature

azure moonstone
August 3rd, 2016, 04:04 PM
Let's please keep to the original intention of this thread.

everlong
August 3rd, 2016, 07:44 PM
I don't know enough to think of something, but that's just downright awful and I hope you're able to find a way to fix it, or at least make the situation better. There's a special place in hell for those pathetic excuses of human beings.

Plane And Simple
August 4th, 2016, 10:37 AM
ROTW :arrow2: Mother Nature

This is better suited here.

LITTLEANGEL16
September 25th, 2016, 09:46 AM
I support animal rights 100% :)

NoahNoah
September 25th, 2016, 09:54 AM
You live in India so this situation is... complicated. While there are laws regarding animal welfare and animal cruelty, the sheer population and occurrence of these events lead to almost nothing being done about the vast majority of them.

That being said, I would try contacting PETA India and telling them about this.