PDA

View Full Version : Whats the difference between bi and pan?

Nosuba
August 3rd, 2016, 04:51 AM
I have heard many definitions of both but I can't see a clear difference between both sexualities.

Some people say bi likes just boys and girls. While pan also like the non-binary genders like trans, agender, gender-fluid, etc. Others say bi likes both genders and pan just likes the people not matter their gender...

As you see there's almost no difference at all, because that depends on the individual case of each person.

I was wondering if some user who is identified as bi or pan could explain me the difference between them. Why he/she is pan/bi and no the other. Thanks. :)

Just JT
August 3rd, 2016, 05:19 AM
The way I see it is like this. A straight person likes only the opposite sex. Gay person likes same sex. A bi person likes both sexes. In either orientation, they have likes and dislikes about sex. Might be the kind of sex, looks, age, what ever, that they are attracted to or they persue in for a relationship or what ever.

Now I might be wrong here, but the way I understand it is that a pansexual person basically has no limits, or for lack of better terms, no boundaries?? May be a poor choice of words on my part, no offense intended. So they are open to, or interested in sex with anyone, regardless of who, gender, orientation, type, etc. some bi people may only be interested in other bi people, or maybe I to only straight people. Pan sexual has none of those preferences

Endeavour
August 3rd, 2016, 09:37 AM
Just JT pretty much has it perfect above. Taken from the sexuality sticky in this forum:

Bi-curious- One who is physically attracted to the same sex and emotionally and physically attracted to the opposite sex but unsure of their orientation. People who are bi-curious are interested in both sexes, but this does not necessarily make them bi-sexual.
Pansexual- One who is physically and emotionally attracted to individuals regardless of gender or orientation

So pretty much if you are pansexual you are open to everyone, whilst bi may not be.

Just JT
August 3rd, 2016, 09:42 AM
Just JT pretty much has it perfect above. Taken from the sexuality sticky in this forum:

So pretty much if you are pansexual you are open to everyone, whilst bi may not be.

Actually I was t completely sure exactly when I first read the post. So I good led it and read a little about it. But yeah, it makes sense I think. In the end, it really didn't seem odd, strange or anything to me. It's just how someone is, and it just seemed normal to me. Sex is normal, and so I don't think there are really any rules to it, other than all participants should be consenting to everything that's involved.

Anyways, I hope the OP understands more about it