PDA

View Full Version : My friend may be dying

jamie_n5
August 2nd, 2016, 06:48 PM
I have a dear friend and classmate that was is a bad motorcycle accident last Saturday. He is in critical condition and on life support. The doctors have said that over half of he brain is basically dead. I am so bummed and can't think of anything else but him. I have been praying and thinking about him constantly. The family said that the only thing that will save him is an all out miracle from God. I don't want to loose him but if I were in that condition I would want to go. His dad has to make the terrible decision of what to do in the next couple of days. What do you guys think?:(

LRSSS02
August 2nd, 2016, 06:51 PM
He is in my prayers, keep positive, but the worst isn't out of the question, so stay with close friends and the kid's family

Flapjack
August 2nd, 2016, 06:51 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this buddy and I hope you're coping ok:( I would personally keep the life support on but I can see why one would want to turn it off. Difficult decision! :(

Amethyst Rose
August 2nd, 2016, 06:52 PM
So saddened to hear this. That's a very hard situation, my thoughts and prayers for he and his family and friends. Have faith and stay strong.

Microcosm
August 2nd, 2016, 08:02 PM
Jamie_n

I've heard people live with half of their brain. The damaged half can be removed with modern medical practices. It might cost a lot but maybe extensive brain surgery could save his life. I'm no expert on this--not even close--but it's worth looking into.

All I can tell you is to look over him and the decisions people are making about his treatment. If you don't know his parents well, then now might be the time to try and get to know them. They'll be the ones making the decisions and I'd definitely advise you to be with him through everything. Make sure they've got the best medical minds looking into it to see what they can do.

Keep us updated, man. I'm sorry this has happened to you. I'm not sure if this was the kind of advice you were looking for, but I do think it's important in this situation. It does suck that this has happened.

Keeping him on life support until medical experts are absolutely sure that there is no solution is probably the best thing. Working fast of course is a must.

SethfromMI
August 2nd, 2016, 08:28 PM
oh dear I am so sorry man :(. one of my dear friends was killed in an auto-accident. I know the intense pain you and his family are going through :(

his dad/family will be the one to make the decision. I guess in your position, try to respect and understand what the family does, even if it is not what you would have done yourself. they have to be the ones to make it and it will not help to be mad or angry at them (not saying you would).

just try to be there for them anyway you can no matter what happens. I am so sorry man though, I sadly do know how heartbreaking that is to go through :(

thoughts and prayers are with hi, his family, you, and everyone else effected

Periphery
August 2nd, 2016, 10:18 PM
Jamie_n

Damn man, that's sad. I'm really sorry for all this and I really really really hope your friend will be okay, I really do. Just try to be there for his family and please, don't bring yourself down because of this. I know it's hard but try to stay strong. Talk about it, don't lock yourself away and cry when you have to but also move forward.

And well, try to prepare for the worst. It sounds a bit dull but yeah, it's probably the best you can do right now. Just stay strong there alright? We're all here if you need people to talk to.

Just JT
August 3rd, 2016, 07:17 AM
Jamie I'm really sorry about that. You and your friend are both in my prayers so that you both get through this however it ends. Do not give up hope, God does provide miracles from time to time. But also you know from your past, sometimes that just doesn't happen. It's really hard to say goodbye to someone so close. All I can say is hope for the best and prepare for the worst

:hug:

Dalcourt
August 3rd, 2016, 08:42 AM
Jamie I'm so very sorry. This is a very tough situation. Stay strong and well maybe miracles do happen sometimes.
I keep you and your friend in my thoughts and prayers.

jamie_n5
August 3rd, 2016, 02:44 PM
:(They are taking him off life support in about an hour and going to let him go.

zzzzzzzzzz
August 3rd, 2016, 02:47 PM
So sorry to read this Jamie. I've lost a friend that was a passenger in a car accident, so I know the pain. Just seen your update. Just be there for the family. Remember the good times. I don't know what else to say :-(

jamie_n5
August 3rd, 2016, 04:49 PM
Lord now let us thou thy servant depart in peace. According to thy word mine eyes have seen thy salvation. In loving memory of my dear friend Kelly.

jamie_n5
August 3rd, 2016, 11:14 PM
Thanks all for your lack of support on one of my darkest days in my life....

Endeavour
August 4th, 2016, 02:13 PM
Jamie_n,

Jamie, when I saw this thread I felt so sad for you and his family. When I read down this thread and saw that they had taken the decision to take him off the life support, my heart just sank. I can't begin to imagine what it feels like for you after such a tragic accident. My thoughts and prayers are with you and their family, rest in peace to your friend. Stay strong.

jamie_n5
August 4th, 2016, 03:21 PM
Thank You George. You have no idea how much that means to me.

Just JT
August 4th, 2016, 05:03 PM
Stay strong bro, we're here for you ok?

Endeavour
August 4th, 2016, 06:09 PM
Thank You George. You have no idea how much that means to me.

You're welcome. I hope you are ok. Don't forget that we are here to talk to if you need to.

lemondrop
August 4th, 2016, 06:44 PM
That's very sad,but i heard that if one side of the brain stops functioning other side can take other's job,so there's still a chance,stay positive

Well ,i've read the update.. Rest in peace

SethfromMI
August 4th, 2016, 07:04 PM
I am so sorry man :(

my thoughts and prayers are with you, his family, and everyone else.

Dalcourt
August 4th, 2016, 08:50 PM
I'm so sorry for you...I know how hard this must be for you.
You are religious so you know he's in a beautiful place now.
Remember the good times you had with him.
Stay strong.

jamie_n5
August 10th, 2016, 09:33 AM
Today 8-10-16 is my best friends funeral. I leave in about a half hour. It will be a sad day for a lot of people and especially for our class.

Just JT
August 10th, 2016, 12:25 PM
:hug::hug::hug::hug::huh::hug:

jamie_n5
August 10th, 2016, 07:36 PM
We had the funeral and said goodbye to my best buddy today. 8-10-16. it was a sad day. I want to thank you people that have supported me through this tough time. It has meant so much to me to have your thoughts, prayers and support. Thanks

SethfromMI
August 10th, 2016, 07:53 PM
We had the funeral and said goodbye to my best buddy today. 8-10-16. it was a sad day. I want to thank you people that have supported me through this tough time. It has meant so much to me to have your thoughts, prayers and support. Thanks

:( try to stay positive man. I sadly know all to well it is still a very tough road ahead. continuing to send thoughts and prayers your way and to all those who have been effected

Just JT
August 11th, 2016, 05:51 AM
Like SethfromMI said ^^

I know and I'm sure you do to. But sometimes it's more clear when someone tells ya. You'll never forget him, always love him, he'll always be with you looking down observing your life. So know he's not left you forever.

And the pain and sadness, it'll get easier in time, we all miss our loved ones, and it's OK to cry when upset. It just takes time, time to heal. I'm coming up on 2 years for my dad amd feels like yesterday and miss him everyday. But I know he's always with me, just watching over me.

jamie_n5
August 11th, 2016, 09:20 PM
Thanks JT and Seth. Your words and comfort mean so much to me. JT I know what you mean too. My little brother has been gone for 13 years and I miss him and think of him every day still too.

jxxx_z
September 13th, 2016, 01:32 PM
So sad to hear this, stay strong