PDA

View Full Version : Teenage sex rights, parents and "God"

Emeka
August 1st, 2016, 05:08 PM
I think this fits here, hopefully without violating any rules.

Guys, check this book out on amazon, only 99 cents or so. I agree that the best time to experience sex and even binge on it is in the teenage years, under parental supervision. Parents blocking us from sex at this stage is why we will over do it as adults. It is why adults rape, cheat, kill, and all problems associated with sex. The book is counter intuitive, but i think it is something every teeny should look at and have guardians read too.

Over here, I cannot even hang-out with my girl unless it is in secret. If her father finds out he is gonna hurt her, then kill me. Sort of. It doesn't mean we are not having sex, and she is not getting pregnant either. So whats the big deal if parents just give us their blessing?

Your thoughts?

Edit: link is here https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01J499MGA title: God loves sex, a lot. Why sex is necessary for teens: A call to truce. For parents and young adults.

Flapjack
August 1st, 2016, 05:13 PM
I don't think it is wise to have under-age sex however I know loads of people that have done it. I don't think not having sex until you're legal makes you a rapist or a murdererxD I also know a few people that haven't had sex until they were 16 and legal, me included, and all of them are perfectly nice people:)

Emeka
August 1st, 2016, 05:19 PM
I don't think it is wise to have under-age sex however I know loads of people that have done it. I don't think not having sex until you're legal makes you a rapist or a murdererxD I also know a few people that haven't had sex until they were 16 and legal, me included, and all of them are perfectly nice people:)

Hello Mimikyu,

What do you define as underage, and why is 16 considered legal?

Vlerchan
August 1st, 2016, 05:22 PM
It is why adults rape, cheat, kill, and all problems associated with sex.
I find that rape statistics, esp. surrounding perpetrators, are too incomplete and open to reporting bias, to be of much use.

I would appreciate, if you have the ebook, if you could refer me to the specific studies cited which report that people who have sex at a younger age - and more of it? - are less likely to cheat.

I would also appreciate the same for the claim about murder.

Thank you in advance.

PlasmaHam
August 1st, 2016, 05:23 PM
I don't believe in premarital sex. Does nothing but selfish pleasure, and can lead to consequences like the guy in the other thread. People need to learn self-control.

You posted this on another forum I visit, so I already have an opinion on it. I agree there should not be secret sex, sex before marriage damages the purity within sex that God intended. I would suggest parents and teens discussing that sex, while desired, is much more honorable and appreciated when given to the right person and not just given to anyone. Sex is meant to be a special unity between two married people, not between two teens looking for sinful pleasures.

I am cringing at the title and theme of this. In no way does Christianity support pre-marital sex, at least take the Biblical elements out of this. This book is basically saying that every teen should go and have an orgy everyday, which is something I imagine most people wouldn't support(Well, some would).

Flapjack
August 1st, 2016, 05:24 PM
Hello Mimikyu,

What do you define as underage, and why is 16 considered legal?
Heyyyy:') In my country 16 is the legal age and anything below that is ya know under-age? Because that is what the lawmakers decided buddy! 16 is an age where they think they are old enough to know the consequences and risks and to be careful. Also old enough not to be pressured into it. There was talks of lowering it to 13 but that was rejected a few years ago:)

Cadanance00
August 1st, 2016, 05:47 PM
PlasmaHam:

The bible is contradictory about sex before marriage. In some places it's called fornication and condemned, and in other places it refers to a father selling his daughter for a bride. If she's not a virgin, she's just brings a lower price.

Vlerchan
August 1st, 2016, 05:50 PM
If she's not a virgin, she's just brings a lower price.
Why would she have a lower price, unless it was a bad thing?

Cadanance00
August 1st, 2016, 05:52 PM
I guess she would be like a used car.

Flapjack
August 1st, 2016, 05:58 PM
I guess she would be like a used car.
You really slut shaming? :/
I don't believe in premarital sex. Does nothing but selfish pleasure, and can lead to consequences like the guy in the other thread. People need to learn self-control.

But why do they need self control? Why can a man or women not sleep with 1000 people? What guy in another thread? Safe sex is harmless and healthy! Also before you wrap your bible around my face you should know I am pretty much asexual so don't want to sleep with anyone.

If you don't like premarital sex then you wait until marriage. Don't force it on others though.
@PlasmaHam (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/member.php?u=122733):

The bible is contradictory about sex before marriage. In some places it's called fornication and condemned, and in other places it refers to a father selling his daughter for a bride. If she's not a virgin, she's just brings a lower price.
The bible is contradictory about everything! It's a joke. What makes it worse is very few religious people have actually read it.

Cadanance00
August 1st, 2016, 06:03 PM
No, not slut shaming.

I deeply suspect that if the girl wasn't a virgin when she was sold, her father had pimped her out. Or partaken of her himself - they did a little of that, too, in the OT.

Vlerchan
August 1st, 2016, 06:05 PM
Judean Zealot, go easy, for the sake of the children that might be reading.

Flapjack
August 1st, 2016, 06:05 PM
No, not slut shaming.

I deeply suspect that if the girl wasn't a virgin when she was sold, her father had pimped her out. Or partaken of her himself - they did a little of that, too, in the OT.
Oh I get it! I didn't see your previous posts sorryy!

Vlerchan
August 1st, 2016, 06:11 PM
But why do they need self control?
Because we are discussing something foundational to a social institution of considerable importance and the likelihood is that promiscuity influences relationship valuation in later life. There's a rather clear association between promiscuity and divorce risk - and this is something that persists, even when we control out all the religious people that wait for marriage (or report they did) and are less likely to get a divorce.

Flapjack
August 1st, 2016, 06:36 PM
Because we are discussing something foundational to a social institution of considerable importance and the likelihood is that promiscuity influences relationship valuation in later life. There's a rather clear association between promiscuity and divorce risk - and this is something that persists, even when we control out all the religious people that wait for marriage (or report they did) and are less likely to get a divorce.
Yeah I can see that buddy! I just don't think there is any issue with 2 consenting adults having sex ya know? Also just because someone is promiscuous doesn't mean they won't want to settle down later on in life and for some people they will want to be promiscuous their whole life. What I'm trying to get at is that it is not for us to judge their lives:) We should all be free to do whatever we want:)

Vlerchan
August 1st, 2016, 06:43 PM
I just don't think there is any issue with 2 consenting adults having sex ya know?
I don't believe it should be legally regulated.

That does not mean it should be embraced as culturally-acceptable.

Also just because someone is promiscuous doesn't mean they won't want to settle down later on in life and for some people they will want to be promiscuous their whole life.
I never said they wouldn't.

What I'm trying to get at is that it is not for us to judge their lives
Disgust and judgement is a key input to the creation of social mores that we build institutions on.

I also presume you judge racists and homophobes and transphobes and other such 'bad people', what makes your judgement different than mine?

We should all be free to do whatever we want
I believe in the notion of civilisation.

Flapjack
August 1st, 2016, 06:51 PM
I also presume you judge racists and homophobes and transphobes and other such 'bad people', what makes your judgement different than mine?

I wouldn't say I judge them, I obviously disagree with them I'd say they're misguided and misinformed. Also I think the difference is not the judgement but what is being judged. I don't like slut shaming. I think negative traits in society should be challenged like racism though and tbh I think slut shaming is one of those negative traits.

I don't believe it should be legally regulated.

That's good because I fear some here do!

That does not mean it should be embraced as culturally-acceptable.

But why shouldn't it be? I think sex is healthy and natural and shouldn't be oppressed:) I personally don't like sex so don't judge meXD

Cadanance00
August 1st, 2016, 06:58 PM
I, for one, don't see the validity in using the mores of an ancient desert tribe as the foundation for modern life. The people who do are extremely selective in the scripture they want everybody else to live by. If they want to dictate to the rest of us, let them live by the rules of Leviticus.

Vlerchan
August 1st, 2016, 06:59 PM
I wouldn't say I judge them, I obviously disagree with them I'd say they're misguided and misinformed.
If I was to claim that woman who desire sex with multiple men are 'misguided' would I be slut-shaming? I imagine so.

Also I think the difference is not the judgement but what is being judged. I don't like slut shaming. I think negative traits in society should be challenged like racism though and tbh I think slut shaming is one of those negative traits.
OK. So we can agree that you are fine with judging others.

In that case we can have an actual argument as to what should, and shouldn't, be shamed. Why do you believe that 'racism' and 'sexism' (etc.) are bad, to begin. I have also outlined why I believe promiscuity is bad.

That's good because I fear some here do!
I'm quite sure at least two users do. I'm sure they'll chime in soon, though.

But why shouldn't it be? I think sex is healthy and natural and shouldn't be oppressed
I claimed in my first post that it undermines traditional monogamy and believe the erosion of this would be a net negative for the entirety of society.

I also believe that sex is healthy (under certain conditions - one-night stands probably aren't, looking at the survey data) and natural, and I'm not even claiming that people shouldn't have more than one premartial partner. The biggest issue I have is with the current looseness.

---

I, for one, don't see the validity in using the mores of an ancient desert tribe as the foundation for modern life.
Notably I prefer to refer to modern sociological literature.

Judean Zealot
August 1st, 2016, 07:43 PM
PlasmaHam:

She could have been raped, or someone could have sinned. Also, back then, virginity wasn't used as a descriptor of one's lack of sexual experience, rather it was a strictly physical question: had her hymen torn or not?

For the record, Bible is also neutral on premarital sex - it doesn't talk about it at all. The verses everyone likes to say are referring to premarital sex are referring only to a betrothed woman (betrothal generally happened some time before consummation).

Or partaken of her himself - they did a little of that, too, in the OT.

I'm sure you'd be delighted to share with us ignorami your expertise in the OT, and back up this point - or retract it.
Vlerchan: On what basis do you believe it shouldn't be regulated?

mattsmith48
August 1st, 2016, 08:00 PM

Guys, check this book out on amazon, only 99 cents or so. I agree that the best time to experience sex and even binge on it is in the teenage years, under parental supervision. Parents blocking us from sex at this stage is why we will over do it as adults. It is why adults rape, cheat, kill, and all problems associated with sex. The book is counter intuitive, but i think it is something every teeny should look at and have guardians read too.

Over here, I cannot even hang-out with my girl unless it is in secret. If her father finds out he is gonna hurt her, then kill me. Sort of. It doesn't mean we are not having sex, and she is not getting pregnant either. So whats the big deal if parents just give us their blessing?

Your thoughts?

Edit: link is here https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01J499MGA title: God loves sex, a lot. Why sex is necessary for teens: A call to truce. For parents and young adults.

Its a combination of over protective Parents and parents being brainwashed by religion when they were wrong.

I personally think religion should stay away from teenagers' sex live especially catholics

Vlerchan
August 1st, 2016, 08:05 PM
@Vlerchan: On what basis do you believe it shouldn't be regulated?
Individual's should rights to privacy and free-person. (I know you don't believe in them, but I do.)

Furthermore, I don't see there as being a hard-limit on when pre-martial sex crosses over to being socially-negative. To this end, I am much more interested in encouraging responsible practices, than any specific practice.

Judean Zealot
August 1st, 2016, 08:06 PM
The bible is contradictory about everything! It's a joke.

*sigh*

What makes it worse is very few religious people have actually read it.

For once I agree with you.

Individual's should rights to privacy and free-person. (I know you don't believe in them, but I do.)

And what do you predicate these rights on? From a strictly utilitarian standpoint I see very little function in those?

Furthermore, I don't see there as being a hard-limit on when pre-martial sex crosses over to being socially-negative. To this end, I am much more interested in encouraging responsible practices, than any specific practice.

Even if it isn't negative for society on a small scale, the practice is quite widespread - and extremely prone to spreading even further. We have to look beyond the here and now.

Flapjack
August 1st, 2016, 08:14 PM
I claimed in my first post that it undermines traditional monogamy and believe the erosion of this would be a net negative for the entirety of society.

Yeah it does undermine traditional monogamy but I don't see the harm, if you want traditional monogamy, you're free to do that!:) I don't have much respect for traditional stuff tbh, especially stuff like monogamy that is based on religion.

The biggest issue I have is with the current looseness.

Looseness? So people are sleeping with each other too easily? I can see how that would be harmful with the spread of STIs but if everyone's safe I don't see the harm!

Porpoise101
August 1st, 2016, 08:47 PM
I read some of this stuff in the free preview. It was kind of weird. Described endless cyclical creation. How sex was an act which transcended the physical. And likening human body parts to aspects of God. Seems reaaaally familiar. Its almost like that these are Hindu ideas...

Anyways I do not think that having pent up energy and desires are good. In the past, people married in their teenage years. This allowed them to be in stable relationships while also having the 'ok' from the religious institutions to have sex. Either that or you would be a powerful person (usually a man) who could afford to have mistresses without the stigma. Nowadays our society just expects teens to keep out of each others pants. It's probably for the best, especially for emotional and financial stability. But I just wonder if we can harness this power for something better.

Arkansasguy
August 1st, 2016, 11:10 PM

Your thoughts?

Fornication will result in Hell. Letting your kids who are under your power fornicate will result in Hell.

Flapjack
August 1st, 2016, 11:14 PM
Fornication will result in Hell. Letting your kids who are under your power fornicate will result in Hell.
So much for all forgiving skygod :mad:

PlasmaHam
August 1st, 2016, 11:19 PM
So much for all forgiving skygod :mad:

God is forgiving, but I am not sure what Arkansasguy is basing his points on. God will forgive you of any sin if you admit it, and no power on Earth or of the devil can take you out of God's grace if you simply accept. Fornication will not result in Hell, but it certainly isn't approved in the Bible, but Christianity is not based off works.

Judean Zealot
August 1st, 2016, 11:21 PM
God is forgiving, but I am not sure what Arkansasguy is basing his points on. God will forgive you of any sin if you admit it, and no power on Earth or of the devil can take you out of God's grace if you simply accept. Fornication will not result in Hell, but it certainly isn't approved in the Bible, but Christianity is not based off works.

I've asked you before and I'll ask you again: is the Sermon on the Mount an exhortation towards belief or works?

Flapjack
August 1st, 2016, 11:22 PM
Oh that's alight thenXD I'll spend my life doing whatever Jack wants to and if there is a god I'll admit all the stuff he finds offensive and chill in heaven:')

Leprous
August 1st, 2016, 11:24 PM

So give god attention or burn in hell?

Flapjack
August 1st, 2016, 11:26 PM
He is basically a bored teenager on facebookXD Can't he just make himself a friend?

PlasmaHam
August 1st, 2016, 11:29 PM

Oh that's alight thenXD I'll spend my life doing whatever Jack wants to and if there is a god I'll admit all the stuff he finds offensive and chill in heaven:')

Doesn't work that way. I won't go into the details here and now, but that is not the way Christianity works in the slightest.

Leprous
August 1st, 2016, 11:32 PM
Doesn't work that way. I won't go into the details here and now, but that is not the way Christianity works in the slightest.

Well it does seem like it. Let god into your life and he will love you. If not you're a piece of shit.

Flapjack
August 1st, 2016, 11:34 PM
Sooooo the all powerful bit was an exaggeration? How do you know this guy thinks this way about sex? Can god even have sex? Why is he so obsessed with our sex lives but not the shrimp he forbid us from eating in his book?

PlasmaHam
August 1st, 2016, 11:35 PM
Sooooo the all powerful bit was an exaggeration? How do you know this guy thinks this way about sex? Can god even have sex? Why is he so obsessed with our sex lives but not the shrimp he forbid us from eating in his book?

*sigh*

Flapjack
August 1st, 2016, 11:37 PM
*sigh*
Don't just sigh explain! You base so many of your views based on this, can you not defend it? Do a little critical thinking.

I don't care what skygod you worship or what you do with your life. I only care when you try to force others to do the same.

PlasmaHam
August 1st, 2016, 11:42 PM
Don't just sigh explain! You base so many of your views based on this, can you not defend it? Do a little critical thinking.

I don't care what skygod you worship or what you do with your life. I only care when you try to force others to do the same.

Dude, it is 1:00 in the morning and you want to talk about the basic principles of Christianity in a thread about a book that says that all the world's problems can be fixed by more sex.

I really don't feel like continuing this conversation here. There is The Ultimate Schismatic Thread if you want to continue this discussion. I will help you there later.

Flapjack
August 1st, 2016, 11:44 PM
Dude, it is 1:00 in the morning and you want to talk about the basic principles of Christianity in a thread about a book that says that all the world's problems can be fixed by more sex.

I really don't feel like continuing this conversation here. There is The if you want to continue this discussion. I will help you there later.
6am here XD Just done an all nighter:') Isn't the Ultimate Schismatic Threadfor debating different types of Christianity?

PlasmaHam
August 1st, 2016, 11:51 PM
6am here XD Just done an all nighter:') Isn't the Ultimate Schismatic Threadfor debating different types of Christianity?

I don't plan an all-nighter, but y'all keep wanting to argue!

Yea, but it is the best place for such a topic. I want my explanation to be public and open to critism. It would be a good discussion point anyways, as ArkansasGuy was the one who gave you two the wrong idea in the first place.

GOOD NIGHT! *Drops the mic, heads to bed*

Flapjack
August 1st, 2016, 11:53 PM
I don't plan an all-nighter, but y'all keep wanting to argue!

Yea, but it is the best place for such a topic. I want my explanation to be public and open to critism. It would be a good discussion point anyways, as ArkansasGuy was the one who gave you two the wrong idea in the first place.
Haha that has been me all night!! I won't keep ya up any longer buddy and yeah I might post it there:) There are a few new threads I want to start too:)

Uniquemind
August 2nd, 2016, 12:56 AM
It's an interesting read I guess, but I disagree with it's core message or thesis, but on some details I guess I agree with some of it.

Also Christianity frowns on fornication, and all types of sin.
All sin is able to damn a person to hell, and then to the lake of fire after that.

It also says in scripture that there is no marriage in heaven.

And ergo, if there is no marriage in heaven, there is no sex in heaven, because sex outside of marriage is sin, and sin by definition is without god.

So to me the ebook in the OP sounds completely contrary to Christianity's teachings.

Vlerchan
August 2nd, 2016, 04:00 PM
And what do you predicate these rights on? From a strictly utilitarian standpoint I see very little function in those?
I see privacy as essentially underpinning freedom of conscience, association, individual identity, and through extension, individualism itself. But also intimacy, and through extension, trust, friendship and love. I see individualism as important as both a utilitarian and an absurdist.

I see bodily autonomy as essentially an extension of privacy.

Even if it isn't negative for society on a small scale, the practice is quite widespread - and extremely prone to spreading even further. We have to look beyond the here and now.

In the here and now, we're both considered loons.

If it is the case that legal regulation could be imposed, the likelihood is that it has been considerably undermined at a cultural level.

Yeah it does undermine traditional monogamy but I don't see the harm, if you want traditional monogamy, you're free to do that!
In economics, we have a term called a 'spillover effect'. I can offer economics examples on request.

This is the case for widespread acceptance of monogamy. It has positive spillover affects for others. The main one is through (typically) men investing less in finding more partners, and investing instead in more socially-worthwhile things (children, but also production). That's the main reason that cultural-selection basically eliminated polygamous cultures.

I don't have much respect for traditional stuff tbh, especially stuff like monogamy that is based on religion.
I don't support monogamy because it is [1] traditional, or [2] based on religion (what religion?) so this doesn't undermine my position at all.

Looseness? So people are sleeping with each other too easily? I can see how that would be harmful with the spread of STIs but if everyone's safe I don't see the harm!
I have devoted multiple posts at this stage to explaining why I find it a net negative for society.

Emeka
August 3rd, 2016, 02:45 AM
Hey Guys, the book is now free to download.

Yes boss!

I find that rape statistics, esp. surrounding perpetrators, are too incomplete and open to reporting bias, to be of much use.

I would appreciate, if you have the ebook, if you could refer me to the specific studies cited which report that people who have sex at a younger age - and more of it? - are less likely to cheat.

I would also appreciate the same for the claim about murder.

Thank you in advance.

I don't possess such data.

Posts merged. Next time, use the "edit" button. -Hideous

Paraxiom
August 3rd, 2016, 06:15 PM
Emeka

If you're saying that teens should be allowed relatively liberal sexual experience with other teens, for the sake of knowing better what is okay and what is not okay through this experience (learning through immersion, so to speak), then I am with you for the reasoning, but not that immersive experience necessarily means experiencing lots.

If you could clarify this, or say something else, I would appreciate it.

Emeka
August 8th, 2016, 02:32 AM
Emeka

If you're saying that teens should be allowed relatively liberal sexual experience with other teens, for the sake of knowing better what is okay and what is not okay through this experience (learning through immersion, so to speak), then I am with you for the reasoning, but not that immersive experience necessarily means experiencing lots.

If you could clarify this, or say something else, I would appreciate it.

hmmm

You don't give me much to clarify. I'm not sure I understand you're comparison. But I will guess. learning through experience? Yes. Is there a better way to learn?

lots? what is a lot? what is not a lot? is 8 a lot? or is 7 ok? Who determines this? Do you eat a lot? Depends on who you ask.

I don't know about you, but I am happy with sex twice a month. I just don't like that i feel like a criminal afterwards. I love my girl, I don't hop around.

Edit: Actually if you're thinking my answer doesn't make sense. I feel the same way too. lol!

AussieNicholas
August 8th, 2016, 05:45 AM
One of the things crucial to being an independent individual is personal responsibility. If you cannot see when your choices affect you negatively, then life is probably going to be very hard for you (this I know from experience).

I think repressing sexual desires in teenagers is an unhealthy idea. Most humans are curious individuals, and I think teenagers should be allowed to have sexual experiences so that they have a realistic idea of sex. Provided that they know how to minimize the risks of sex, I think teenagers should make the effort to exercise control over their own health. This is what I mean about personal responsibility; we should all try to take the initiative ourselves for our own health and safety, and allowing teenagers to have sexual experiences in which THEY are responsible for their safety encourages that.

Paraxiom
August 8th, 2016, 10:35 AM
hmmm

You don't give me much to clarify. I'm not sure I understand you're comparison. But I will guess. learning through experience? Yes. Is there a better way to learn?

lots? what is a lot? what is not a lot? is 8 a lot? or is 7 ok? Who determines this? Do you eat a lot? Depends on who you ask.

I don't know about you, but I am happy with sex twice a month. I just don't like that i feel like a criminal afterwards. I love my girl, I don't hop around.

Edit: Actually if you're thinking my answer doesn't make sense. I feel the same way too. lol!

I'd define 'lots' to be more than 2-3 sexual partners, and/or regular sex - let's say around / more than once a month? Correct me if I am misjudging what is regular (you can do so).

I'm not bringing in what is a lot of / too much sex, only saying that a lot of learning could be got from only one, or a few, sexual experiences. More sex doesn't necessarily mean more experience is got from it. Do you get me?

Emeka
August 9th, 2016, 04:56 PM
I'd define 'lots' to be more than 2-3 sexual partners, and/or regular sex - let's say around / more than once a month? Correct me if I am misjudging what is regular (you can do so).

I'm not bringing in what is a lot of / too much sex, only saying that a lot of learning could be got from only one, or a few, sexual experiences. More sex doesn't necessarily mean more experience is got from it. Do you get me?

Yes sir, I do.:)

Paraxiom
August 9th, 2016, 04:59 PM
Yes sir, I do.:)

I am no sir, but it's good. :P

Emeka
August 9th, 2016, 05:00 PM
One of the things crucial to being an independent individual is personal responsibility. If you cannot see when your choices affect you negatively, then life is probably going to be very hard for you (this I know from experience).

I think repressing sexual desires in teenagers is an unhealthy idea. Most humans are curious individuals, and I think teenagers should be allowed to have sexual experiences so that they have a realistic idea of sex. Provided that they know how to minimize the risks of sex, I think teenagers should make the effort to exercise control over their own health. This is what I mean about personal responsibility; we should all try to take the initiative ourselves for our own health and safety, and allowing teenagers to have sexual experiences in which THEY are responsible for their safety encourages that.

Such words of wisdom, your first paragraph.

Of course, with approval and guidance of parents, such sense of responsibility is engraved deeply into minds for the whole life time.

The way in which teenage sex is currently being handled is why many of us are trapped in pornography for instance, you just can't cheat the universe.

AussieNicholas
August 9th, 2016, 05:38 PM
Such words of wisdom, your first paragraph.

Of course, with approval and guidance of parents, such sense of responsibility is engraved deeply into minds for the whole life time.

The way in which teenage sex is currently being handled is why many of us are trapped in pornography for instance, you just can't cheat the universe.

Like I said, I know it from experience.

Emeka
August 21st, 2016, 09:43 AM
Yo peeps check it owt. The writer of the book wants to do a part and asking for ppl's questions.

http://thinksidl.com/blog/natural-philosophy/participate-in-my-next-book-1

What do you think?