PDA

View Full Version : Sister

NatteDroom03
August 1st, 2016, 04:44 PM
I just wanted to talk a little bit about my eldest sister. I have 3 siblings, you see. A twin brother, a sister who turns 18 soon, and another sister, who would've turned 20 on the 2nd of May this year, if she was still among us. In 1996, a beautiful baby girl named Irene was born. According to my parents, she was a happy, little soul. Full of joy. Playful. One spring day in 1997, she passed away. SIDS. No one to blame, nothing anyone could've done.

I never knew her, as this happened way before my time. That's probably what hurts me the most. Despite that I never had the chance to meet her, I still feel something missing in my heart. I miss her despite of that fact.

Whoever she was, wherever she is, I will always love her.

I'm sorry about my sappy thread, I had to get it out, and it felt good.

jamie_n5
August 1st, 2016, 04:54 PM
I am so sorry for you. I know how devastating that is on parents and families. There is no real explanation for why this happens to babies. I lost my little brother when I was 4 and he was 3. I can feel your hurt and understand.

nebula
August 1st, 2016, 05:01 PM
One of my close friends has had the same experience in her life, unfortunately it is just something that has to be accepted, even though it is difficult to. :(

NatteDroom03
August 1st, 2016, 05:06 PM
Thank you. I'm sorry for your loss as well. No one should have to experience that. *hugs you both*

Leprous
August 1st, 2016, 11:40 PM
My cousin actually went trough something similar. His baby brother died when my cousin was like 2 years old. Feels weird because well it was my family too.