PDA

View Full Version : Mismatched emotions and situations

Skylark
August 1st, 2016, 08:44 AM
I've been finding that I've had several weird reactions to situations; emotions that didn't match with the circumstances. I had two cats, let's call them Cat X and Cat Y. Last year X was very nearly hit by a car, and when he ran up to me after his near-death experience, I'm not ashamed to say I broke down crying. I have absolutely no idea why. They weren't tears of joy; in fact, I felt sad at that point. Nine months later, Cat Y was hit by a car. When I found her laying there, I didn't feel sad or angry; I was afraid. I was gripped with a primal fear. I couldn't manage to choke out a word, I was so terrified. I still have no idea why that happened. Do you think this has to do with a chemical imbalance in the brain or something?

Flapjack
August 1st, 2016, 01:01 PM
I honestly have no idea buddy? I am just posting to say that you should take all online medical advice with a pinch of salt and to see a doctor:) I hope that if there is a problem, you get better soon:)

jamie_n5
August 1st, 2016, 01:29 PM
No I think that you are fine. I think that the first incident you cried because you felt what could have happened. The second incident I think you were in shock as to what had just taken place. We all react to situations differently. There is no right or wrong way to react. Again I don't think anything is wrong with you.

Skylark
August 2nd, 2016, 08:39 AM
No I think that you are fine. I think that the first incident you cried because you felt what could have happened. The second incident I think you were in shock as to what had just taken place. We all react to situations differently. There is no right or wrong way to react. Again I don't think anything is wrong with you.

You know, that's probably it.

I overreact to everything, don't I?

Just JT
August 2nd, 2016, 11:16 AM
I agree with Jamie_n and I don't think you over reacted at all. You could have the same type of experience 100 days in a row (ok, extreme example I no) and react somewhat differently everytime. There's so many things that go into how you respond. Maybe how you slept, how hungry you are, are you already feeling sad, happy, mad, or what ever. So I don't think I'd be running off to the pharmacy looking to balance some unbalanced what ever chemical or something. We're all changing as we grow, and hormones play a part to.

I'm sorry to hear about your cat by the way. I know how hard it is to lose family members like that. Even when they are pets, they mean so much don't they?

Skylark
August 2nd, 2016, 12:12 PM
I agree with Jamie_n and I don't think you over reacted at all. You could have the same type of experience 100 days in a row (ok, extreme example I no) and react somewhat differently everytime. There's so many things that go into how you respond. Maybe how you slept, how hungry you are, are you already feeling sad, happy, mad, or what ever. So I don't think I'd be running off to the pharmacy looking to balance some unbalanced what ever chemical or something. We're all changing as we grow, and hormones play a part to.

I'm sorry to hear about your cat by the way. I know how hard it is to lose family members like that. Even when they are pets, they mean so much don't they?

I doubt I need medication for it. It's ok, she's been gone a year now. They do mean a lot though. :)

Just JT
August 2nd, 2016, 01:42 PM
I know, was just using as an example is all. Meds suck

Periphery
August 2nd, 2016, 11:18 PM
I doubt I need medication for it. It's ok, she's been gone a year now. They do mean a lot though. :)

Your reaction was completely normal to be honest. Everyone will react differently to these type of situations, crying is completely natural. Don't worry about this too much as you're completely fine.