PDA

View Full Version : Being tested for A.D.D

AlexOnToast
February 18th, 2014, 06:39 AM
After the Mid-Term break I'm going to be going for tests, apparently for ADD. All I know is that I have been suspected to have it for a while by several people, and the testing will be done through the school. Other than that I have no idea what's going on. Hopefully someone can fill me in on what to expect etc?

DarkHorse4eva
February 18th, 2014, 06:45 AM
The same procedure happened when I got tested for autism. When I got tested, the school psychologist made a few tests, and later on sent me to a professional psychologist and psychiatrist.

backjruton
February 18th, 2014, 08:29 AM
This happened to me too but now they want me to go BACK to the person AFTER they ruined my life (but not in a too bad way, I just don't like being labelled for something that's wrong with me, even if I get money for it :D) to see something about my anger. I don't get it very often, but in December I raged and attacked my brother, my mum saw it and wasn't happy... and since then, I haven't raged, I was just pissed off and she is only getting me to go to another meeting because she refuses to accept that 90% of the time I get angry she is connected and it's her fault...... but I actually think she wants me to meet with them about losing weight, she won't give up, I'm 20 stone which I know is bad but she isn't looking through what has caused it; she just wants me to lose it without even talking to me about my problems

My test for autism was 4 years of boring meetings with a psychiatrist, a blood test :| to see if it was something worse because they didn't actually know what was wrong with me, a physical to see if there was anything wrong with my senses I THINK and a final conversation on my own without my mum to see if they could find anything by asking me a few questions. The final conclusion is yes, I'm autistic, which is why I'm odd but I like being able to do odd things without getting in to trouble :3

JamesSuperBoy
February 18th, 2014, 10:52 AM
http://www.incadds.ie/best-practice-guidelines.html

There is some more details maybe you could email and ask

Hope this helps

ksdnfkfr
February 18th, 2014, 11:03 AM
It's mainly boring tedious stuff. Or it can be kinda fun depending on who you are working with.
You should look up ADD testing on YouTube to get the best idea of what to expect.