PDA

View Full Version : Why am I excited to go back to school?

Gabe_Is_Confused
August 1st, 2016, 03:35 AM
Why? Everytime, every summer, every year, I get excited about going back to school. The problem is, well, I absolutely hate school.

Now, I know what you're thinking. "Wow, this guy is EDGY." But hear me out:

Everytime I start seeing back to school commercials in early august, my heart skips a beat and my brain starts thinking, "Well, maybe this year won't be absolute crap." Even know at the end of every school year I tell myself, "Wow, this year WAS absolute crap! Let's not get excited for next year. Cause if you do, you'll just be disappointed at the results."

Yet, here I am again. Thinking that somehow things will work out, I won't be a complete anti-social husk, and that somehow I'll be remembered for something other then being bigger than the other kids or having a high GPA. It sucks. I hate my brain. Curse you brain! How dare you make me have good expectations!?

Jinglebottom
August 1st, 2016, 04:03 AM
Why? Everytime, every summer, every year, I get excited about going back to school. The problem is, well, I absolutely hate school.

You just described the entire month of August for me. ^^ I wanna buy a new backpack and go back-to-school shopping so bad lmao.

Endeavour
August 1st, 2016, 07:21 AM
Sometimes this can be the case, if you are already anxious about going to school, then you obviously will not be looking forward to it. Therefore if you keep on worrying during the summer you will want the summer to be over quicker. Try to keep yourself busy during your break and things will be ok.

Periphery
August 1st, 2016, 07:53 AM
Well I actually want september to hurry up so I'm not either stuck with my parents all day or bored all day. For me school is a great way to distract myself.

Amethyst Rose
August 1st, 2016, 10:21 AM
That yearly pattern you described of thinking the next year will be better? That's optimism. Good to have, it's a lot better than going into the new school year saying "This year will be a nightmare." I get excited for the new year too, I'm involved in a lot of things and not just sitting around being bored like summer gets after a while.

Flapjack
August 2nd, 2016, 07:10 PM
Noooo I love the summer holidays and hate school!! xD Sounds like you're bored mr OP :)

Periphery
August 2nd, 2016, 11:23 PM
Noooo I love the summer holidays and hate school!! xD Sounds like you're bored mr OP :)

Always knew you were special.

Microcosm
August 3rd, 2016, 04:43 PM
The best part of school for me is being able to interact with people. That's the thing that gets me excited. I'm taking hard classes this year, so I'm nervous as well.

Nosuba
August 21st, 2016, 03:37 PM
It's common. You might be excited of see your friends again and starting a new year.

Regina
August 23rd, 2016, 01:19 AM
School hasn't started for me yet and I'm not looking forward to coming back lol