PDA

View Full Version : Calling All Harry Potter Fans!!!

Amethyst Rose
July 31st, 2016, 05:47 PM
Harry Potter and the Cursed Child is out!!! Anyone else excited to read it?

SethfromMI
July 31st, 2016, 05:55 PM
I kind of am. I know it is just the script to the play, but I will still end up reading it for sure

Flapjack
July 31st, 2016, 05:56 PM
I have a reallyyy big book to read atm and I don't know if a script is my thing tbh, I might watch the play instead:')

Amethyst Rose
July 31st, 2016, 06:03 PM
Yeah... I'm bummed it's not an actual book, but it's as close as we can get I think.

Valentine_
August 1st, 2016, 06:06 AM
I'm very excited hahah. Too bad it won't be available in my country for quite some time :/

AussieNicholas
August 8th, 2016, 05:38 PM
To be honest, I'm not all that fussed about reading it. If I see it in a store, I might buy it, but there are a billion well-written fanfics out there that continue the story.

Kuroshiro
August 8th, 2016, 05:47 PM
My mum got it thinking it was a book lol

Amethyst Rose
August 8th, 2016, 06:05 PM
My mum got it thinking it was a book lol

I thought so too at first xD

Conn0r
August 8th, 2016, 09:05 PM
I love Harry Potter and always have, but I can't bring myself to read this haha. The story ended perfectly on the last page of Deathly Hallows for me.

ImCoolBeans
August 8th, 2016, 09:58 PM
I always dreaded reading plays in high school. I doubt I'll be able to bring myself to read it, despite being a fan of the Harry Potter series.

Amethyst Rose
August 8th, 2016, 10:11 PM
ImCoolBeans: I hate reading plays too. I'm having second thoughts about reading this...

ImCoolBeans
August 8th, 2016, 10:14 PM
ImCoolBeans: I hate reading plays too. I'm having second thoughts about reading this...

I think my reading list is too long anyway :P
Especially with school starting soon. I just won't really have the time.

azure moonstone
August 8th, 2016, 10:21 PM
I'll probably read this eventually, but it's not high on my list right now. I do love the Harry Potter series, though.

Dalcourt
August 9th, 2016, 11:10 AM
I enjoyed reading the Harry Potter series but I'm not sure about whether I will read this one or not.
I don't have much time for reading now anyway...so I will wait till someone I know buys it and tells me how it was.

Hudor
August 14th, 2016, 01:48 PM
I was planning to read this soon but after the overwhelming negative reviews I'm not so sure. Eventually I'll come around to read it but not anytime soon.

Pilyk
August 16th, 2016, 12:22 PM
I just read it, it's fine in my opinion :). Truly happy to found back the protagonist of the series in fact.

Ben7
August 21st, 2016, 11:36 PM
Honestly it kind of puts me off that it's a script and not an actual novel-like book as before. That and apparently J.K. Rowling didn't even write it either. For these reasons I'm not "dying" to read it right away. But I'm sure I eventually will read it at some point in the distant future.

Endeavour
August 31st, 2016, 04:56 PM
I actually find plays a lot easier to follow than a book. I'm planning on going to see it in London but it's sold out till December 2017! I might go pick it up once I'm used to going to school again :)

jake97aus
September 14th, 2016, 02:55 AM
Wish the play would do a world tour or at least come to Australia so I could see it! I'll eventually read the book I bought but I'd love to see it how it was intended first!

lliam
September 14th, 2016, 01:21 PM
billion well-written fanfics out there that continue the story.

that's it. as i read this script, i got the impression jkr wrote her own fanfic based on fanfics i read years ago. so, the story seemed familiar to me. but it's kinda worse to read it anyway ... as a hp-fan and fan of hp-fanfics.