PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed in myself

Danielle DaniYell
July 31st, 2016, 03:35 AM
Well, my problem with myself is that as people say, I haven't been man enough .
I frequently cry while watching movies and like watching sope operas more than sports .
I'm small of size , and my choice of high school cheerleading ( in a school where only girls team is present ) hasn't helped me in this sphere . Even at home , my interests have been cooking with my mother and choring more than baseball and stuff like my dad and brother .
Guys , can you help me out ?

Periphery
July 31st, 2016, 07:04 AM
Danielle Dani yelli

Honestly, be who you are. Crying frequently is not bad, liking these things isn't bad either. You are who you are and will always be. You never have to change who you are so other people like you. You have to like yourself for who you are. Other people should never be able to tell you who you are and what you do in life, don't let them decide for you. Be who you want to be, not who others want you to be.

Flapjack
July 31st, 2016, 07:07 AM
I frequently cry while watching movies and like watching sope operas more than sports .
I'm small of size , and my choice of high school cheerleading ( in a school where only girls team is present ) hasn't helped me in this sphere . Even at home , my interests have been cooking with my mother and choring more than baseball and stuff like my dad and brother .

I agree with Bram like just be whoever you want to!!:) I am a really feminine guy and it has never caused me any trouble:)

Mars
July 31st, 2016, 08:03 AM

Who cares? Ignore Meron and his shitty advice and just be yourself. If you like cooking, then cook. If you like cheerleading, then cheer. It's your life. You don't have time to live up to the normal dumb social expectations that are set for men. Do what you want. If it makes you happy then it's worth it. I'm sure your dad and your brother don't have a problem with it.

Just JT
July 31st, 2016, 08:21 AM
Like everyone is saying here, just be yourself, and enjoy what you enjoy. That what life is all about, doing things you enjoy. Otherwise you'll be doing thing you don't like, to present to everyone else as being some you are not, and probably not doing good at it. Then you'll probably still have people telling you to "Man up" and do better, cause your suposed to be like or do stuff this way or that way base you either have a dick or not.

Yiu like to cook? Then cook....in the long run I think one of the best ways you can make someone happy, especially a guy, is to be a great cook. I'm pretty sure a good cook makes some good bank to. But that don't matter really, so long as your happy. So don't let social norms, or bullies, push you around and make you feel like you need to do shit you don't want to or like.

Cause if you do, then I'll tell ya to "man up" and grow a pair, and stand up for who you are

Skylark
July 31st, 2016, 10:36 AM
Everyone who says that is an ignorant fuckhead who spouts what society tells them to because of the imagined gender roles they grew up with. You don't have to change yourself because of their dumbassery.

Desynchronized
July 31st, 2016, 10:37 AM
Thats completely okay buddy. Nothing wrong with it. I'm also a feminine person. I end up crying about the smallest things. Live up to your expectations bro not others. And as everybody said here be yourself.
Off topic : someone needs to ban meron, he's been showing up with shitty jokes/advices lately.

Danielle DaniYell
July 31st, 2016, 10:40 AM
Thanks a lot , friends .
Your comments have motivated me to an extent that right now I don't think I care about any social stereotypes . I feel like I'm at home here , and really I love you all .
Right now , I'm gunna go and start a damn football game , and Cheer for at least an hour to it . I don't care about anyone seeing me . I'm the cheerleader , and love doing what I do .
Anyone who begs to differ , sorry ... I don't give a damn .

Desynchronized
July 31st, 2016, 10:57 AM
Thanks a lot , friends .
Your comments have motivated me to an extent that right now I don't think I care about any social stereotypes . I feel like I'm at home here , and really I love you all .
Right now , I'm gunna go and start a damn football game , and Cheer for at least an hour to it . I don't care about anyone seeing me . I'm the cheerleader , and love doing what I do .

now we're talking buddy. You're probably doing the best thing that can be done at this point. welcome to vt. We're always here for you. Good luck with your cheerleading. :-D

bandofbros20
July 31st, 2016, 12:11 PM
No you don't follow society's typical views of manliness. But I wouldn't say that doesn't make you man. Your more emotional and have deeper feelings which I know a lot of girls may like because most guys aren't like that. I'd say as long as you enjoy what you do, then that's good enough. Fuck the haters

Endeavour
July 31st, 2016, 03:59 PM
Pretty much what every other person in this thread has said, but you should do what ever makes you feel happy. The social stereotypes are completely outdated and irrelevant in today's society. Men and women deserve the right to do whatever they want without feeling humiliated, even though they are going against these (fake) stereotypes that people look into and abide by far too much for other people's good.

Flapjack
July 31st, 2016, 06:02 PM
Thanks a lot , friends .
I am soooo happy to read this:) I wish you the best of luck buddy and I am sure you will become an excellent cheerleader!!:)

PlasmaHam
July 31st, 2016, 09:40 PM
I'm a bit older fashioned than most here. I pride myself on being masculine, and do believe that guys should be the leaders of the household. But I also don't care a bit about fitting in.

There is nothing wrong with being emotional, girls dig it. If you want to do cheerleading, then by all means do it. Cooking is really as much of a male thing as a female thing when you think about it. If you can fix good food, you are fine by my standards. Plus, girls love a homecooked meal. Shows you are well rounded.

There is nothing wrong with being masculine, and nothing wrong not being masculine. Follow God's plan for your life and you will be fine.

Danielle DaniYell
July 31st, 2016, 11:47 PM
Thank you everybody for your replies .
I'm now bold enough to talk to my parents clearly about what I like and what I don't .
I so want to quit going to and playing games I don't like , with my father and brother , and with no fear , I could do the activities I want to and . Definition of a boy is definitely not someone macho who wants to play fightig games and watch football all day .

Danielle DaniYell
August 1st, 2016, 12:35 AM
Done !!!
The four of us had a talk just a bit ago and due to all of you , I sas able to frankly tell them about everything .
My father asked me some questions and in he end all three of them were supportive .
I can continue my cheerleading in school , and they don't have any problem with me practicing at home .
Dad said I didn't gave to do anything I didn't and while I don't have to go to play baseball everyday and outside stuff with father and brother if I didn't want to . I will be staying at home with mother and doing housework , which I like so much . They don't have a problem with my interests and mother said if I want , I could join her to the cooking classes she goes to .
Thank you all for making me happy .

jamie_n5
August 1st, 2016, 04:59 PM
Well I am happy that things are looking up for you. You are who you are and that is perfectly alright. Don't let anyone tell you different. we are all different individuals. That is what makes the world go around.

Skylark
August 2nd, 2016, 12:21 PM
Done !!!
The four of us had a talk just a bit ago and due to all of you , I sas able to frankly tell them about everything .
My father asked me some questions and in he end all three of them were supportive .
I can continue my cheerleading in school , and they don't have any problem with me practicing at home .
Dad said I didn't gave to do anything I didn't and while I don't have to go to play baseball everyday and outside stuff with father and brother if I didn't want to . I will be staying at home with mother and doing housework , which I like so much . They don't have a problem with my interests and mother said if I want , I could join her to the cooking classes she goes to .
Thank you all for making me happy .

It's great that your parents and brother were understanding of your wishes. I find it slightly strange that they were making you play baseball and such every day, but at least you can do what you love now. :D