PDA

View Full Version : Male cheerleader in a girls' cheerleading team , how to keep up shape

Danielle DaniYell
July 30th, 2016, 11:25 PM
Hi ! I'm a male cheerleader , and am very passionate about it , but sadly our Catholic school does not have a male team , so I have to cheer in the girls team .
Actually , as I have to do all the moves which the girls do , I need their flexibility and need to maintain myself in shape . My coach told me that as I am a growing male , my physique could hinder me in cheerleading . So I was told that I'd have to reduce my weight and have to diet and exercise regularly to stay in good shape .
Any suggestions as about diet or exercise ?
(Don't know if it's the right place to post it , Sorry)

brookline1254
May 12th, 2017, 12:18 AM
I started I started competitively cheering on my coed school team and on All Stars 2 years ago. I continue to grow as a cheerleader not really focusing on diet I just worked hard and made sure my body was well fueled with healthy foods of each food category such as carbs proteins dietary fibers and making sure that I never skip a meal such as lunch. That's cool I would always get a bowl of pasta during lunch for before practice that is something that I did every day for the season and it really helped with having energy throughout practice. I would like to ask what kind of cheer you are doing is this game day? Is this competitive. What skills do you have period for me I'm working a lot on tumbling and stunting with coed walk into lives and also working on standing back handspring series along with standing talks and working a lot on walk in entrees in all girl and Coed style stunts.

Amethyst Rose
May 12th, 2017, 08:45 AM
I started I started competitively cheering on my coed school team and on All Stars 2 years ago. I continue to grow as a cheerleader not really focusing on diet I just worked hard and made sure my body was well fueled with healthy foods of each food category such as carbs proteins dietary fibers and making sure that I never skip a meal such as lunch. That's cool I would always get a bowl of pasta during lunch for before practice that is something that I did every day for the season and it really helped with having energy throughout practice. I would like to ask what kind of cheer you are doing is this game day? Is this competitive. What skills do you have period for me I'm working a lot on tumbling and stunting with coed walk into lives and also working on standing back handspring series along with standing talks and working a lot on walk in entrees in all girl and Coed style stunts.

Please don't post in threads that have been inactive for 2 months or longer. :locked: