PDA

View Full Version : How to fight the urge

Dalcourt
July 30th, 2016, 08:58 PM
At the moment everything seems just wrong...everything and everyone around me seems to irritate me and I find it increasingly hard to deal with it. I snap at people nearly biting their head off over nothing...I have to muster all my internal strength simply to just not punch them randomly in the face.

This gives me a lot of stress I can deal with best through hurting myself. I looked for other methods than cutting as I really do want to go back to this. All these not so harmful methods that are listed here or you find somewhere else online don't really work. So I settled for a new method that is still giving me.pain and with this a stress relief but doesn't cause such an amount of mess and scars.
But I feel weak and really bad for doing it...but I need something to deal with the stress
I hate it so much right now.

Emeka
July 30th, 2016, 09:15 PM
At the moment everything seems just wrong...everything and everyone around me seems to irritate me and I find it increasingly hard to deal with it. I snap at people nearly biting their head off over nothing...I have to muster all my internal strength simply to just not punch them randomly in the face.

This gives me a lot of stress I can deal with best through hurting myself. I looked for other methods than cutting as I really do want to go back to this. All these not so harmful methods that are listed here or you find somewhere else online don't really work. So I settled for a new method that is still giving me.pain and with this a stress relief but doesn't cause such an amount of mess and scars.
But I feel weak and really bad for doing it...but I need something to deal with the stress
I hate it so much right now.

Do you have a partner?

Dalcourt
July 30th, 2016, 09:20 PM
Do you have a partner?

No, I don't have a partner. Why?

Emeka
July 30th, 2016, 09:24 PM
No, I don't have a partner. Why?

Having someone to love and to be loved by helps. I know, I've been there.

Flapjack
July 30th, 2016, 09:34 PM
I too have self harmed buddy and I sometimes work out so I feel that achey feeling and that satisfies me however it is different for everyone:) Some like drawing red on their wrists as visual simulation for example.

this might help you:)
http://www.adolescentselfinjuryfoundation.com/page11

PM me if ever you need support my friend:)

Dalcourt
July 30th, 2016, 09:44 PM
I too have self harmed buddy and I sometimes work out so I feel that achey feeling and that satisfies me however it is different for everyone:) Some like drawing red on their wrists as visual simulation for example.

this might help you:)
http://www.adolescentselfinjuryfoundation.com/page11

PM me if ever you need support my friend:)

Thanks a lot. I do a lot of working out to get myself away from it and usually it's fine just at the moment dunno nothing kinda works.
Esp. when I'm at my job now I made a habit of hurting myself when I get irritated and I can't ask my boss if I could go on a run the lol...but I go through the list in your link...maybe I find something

Having someone to love and to be loved by helps. I know, I've been there.

Yeah I guess you're right...just don't think I'll have someone like that in the near future.

PlasmaHam
July 30th, 2016, 09:54 PM
For me, the best way to turn off anger is to work it out physically. Go run a mile, spar a punching bag, go throw some logs in the backyard. Direct your anger at something beneficial or harmless like exercise, and it slowly starts to ease off. The feeling you get after intense exercise is like a natural high, it basically eliminates all negative emotions.

If you find pain to be a relaxer, exercise can also help. Trying to lift certain weights or run past a certain point can be oh so painful. I have had experiences of basically wanting to be shot than continue onwards, the pain was unbearable. Simple things like pushups can really produce a certain burn which is so painful. And the pain lasts for a considerable time.

I have no experience with self harm, but I do have some anger problems. I hope this can be helpful.

Just JT
July 30th, 2016, 10:36 PM
Thanks a lot. I do a lot of working out to get myself away from it and usually it's fine just at the moment dunno nothing kinda works.
Esp. when I'm at my job now I made a habit of hurting myself when I get irritated and I can't ask my boss if I could go on a run the lol...but I go through the list in your link...maybe I find something

Yeah I guess you're right...just don't think I'll have someone like that in the near future.

I might be a thousand miles away, but I'm still here bro, talk all night if you need ok
Just gota reply, your getting great advise here, you know that

jamie_n5
August 1st, 2016, 09:02 PM
You are strong Ty. i know that you can get through this and beat it. You may have a stressful life but you are a great guy and don't need to be so worried about every little thing. I believe in you and you need to believe in yourself and your ability to cope. I know you can do it my friend.