PDA

View Full Version : Diet plan and exercise for male cheerleading

Danielle DaniYell
July 30th, 2016, 08:09 PM
Hi , I'm the only male cheerleader on my school team ( girls' team sadly , as there are no other male cheerleaders ) , so my coach says , that to do the moves the girls do , maintaining yourself is a must . And with me being the only guy , my developing physique can hinder me . So I have to keep myself maintained in shape . Any suggestions ? Diet and exercise type...

Flapjack
July 30th, 2016, 09:41 PM
I would imaging you would need great strength and also flexibility? Similar to gymnasts? I can help you with strength building buddy but I have no experience with gymnast stuff:)

Danielle DaniYell
July 30th, 2016, 09:58 PM
Actually strength would work , but flexibility is a must here , friend .
Also weight loss please .

PlasmaHam
July 30th, 2016, 10:07 PM
I would imaging you would need great strength and also flexibility? Similar to gymnasts? I can help you with strength building buddy but I have no experience with gymnast stuff:)

Yea, basically the same. For cheerleading, especially if you are on an all-girl team, I would probably recommend more work in the flexibility and gymnastics. Of which, I cannot help. But you must also keep good form, so regular diet and exercise is needed.

I do regular exercise, especially running. For you, besides some gymnastic training, I would recommend some sprinting and weightlifting. Nothing in excess though, I would just say to keep a good overall physical shape. Diet wise, I would say eat plenty of potassium, vitamin C, and proteins. But really just eat a balanced diet and you will be okay. Its highschool female cheerleading, not professional sports.

Danielle DaniYell
July 30th, 2016, 11:15 PM
Yea, basically the same. For cheerleading, especially if you are on an all-girl team, I would probably recommend more work in the flexibility and gymnastics. Of which, I cannot help. But you must also keep good form, so regular diet and exercise is needed.

I do regular exercise, especially running. For you, besides some gymnastic training, I would recommend some sprinting and weightlifting. Nothing in excess though, I would just say to keep a good overall physical shape. Diet wise, I would say eat plenty of potassium, vitamin C, and proteins. But really just eat a balanced diet and you will be okay. Its highschool female cheerleading, not professional sports.

Yes , I know it's just highschool female cheerleading , but I take it very seriously .
I dunno, I've always been very passionate about cheerleading since I was a child . That's why I want to excel in every aspect of this sphere , and do not lag behind others and being told to sit out due to being a boy .
Thanks a lot for your advice , it'll make so much difference .