PDA

View Full Version : Refilling with water

BrokenWingedPegasus
July 30th, 2016, 11:46 AM
So, I have an habit of refiling over and over again my empty water bottle after I drink the water in it. I do this with any bottle, 2 liters or less.
I've heard some people say you shouldn't do it so much, so I want to ask if there is any problem with refilling the water bottles many times or is it okay, since I do this a LOT.
Thanks for reading. :yes:

Flapjack
July 30th, 2016, 11:53 AM
So, I have an habit of refiling over and over again my empty water bottle after I drink the water in it. I do this with any bottle, 2 liters or less.
I've heard some people say you shouldn't do it so much, so I want to ask if there is any problem with refilling the water bottles many times or is it okay, since I do this a LOT.
Thanks for reading. :yes:
If the bottle is clean I don't see the issue?

BrokenWingedPegasus
July 30th, 2016, 11:58 AM
If the bottle is clean I don't see the issue?

Like, what I've heard was something like it would get dirty if I use it too much, or after too many uses the water will get in bad conditions. I wanted to know if there is truth in that.

PlasmaHam
July 30th, 2016, 12:12 PM
If you are just putting water in your bottle, you shouldn't have any problems. It may get dirty overtime, but just wash it out with some water and you'll be fine.

If you are constantly refilling a bottle with something besides water, I might be worried. Bacteria can eat the sugary residue left by certain drinks and potentially become harmful. I would wash your bottle out after every time you fill it up with some sugary drink, but water is pretty harmless.

Just JT
July 30th, 2016, 12:28 PM
Yeah I e done that plenty of times. I've been told the same thing but I've never got sick. Not sure I get what the thinking is behind it. I guess if it got dirty enough you might wana change it

Dalcourt
July 30th, 2016, 12:29 PM
If you use clean tap water I don't think there should be much of a health risk...maybe wash it out with some hot water now and then and you should be fine.

If you fill the bottle with some kind of soft drink or juice I agree with PlasmaHam that there could be more of a health risk.

Flapjack
July 30th, 2016, 12:35 PM
Like, what I've heard was something like it would get dirty if I use it too much, or after too many uses the water will get in bad conditions. I wanted to know if there is truth in that.
Yeah there is buddy:) Stagnant water can be really dangerous and if the bottle had sugar in it originally bacteria and fungus could grow but as long as the bottle is clean, it's all good:)

BrokenWingedPegasus
July 30th, 2016, 12:50 PM
Thanks everyone :) I'll clean it a few times if needed, and no, I never liked putting different drinks in the same cup/bottle/glass that I drank something else in, so I should be fine. :D

SethfromMI
July 30th, 2016, 03:00 PM
Thanks everyone :) I'll clean it a few times if needed, and no, I never liked putting different drinks in the same cup/bottle/glass that I drank something else in, so I should be fine. :D

I reuse the same water bottle (just for water purposes) and never had a problem so I wouldn't worry about it, haven't had any issues yet, hopefully none down the road haha

Vermilion
July 30th, 2016, 03:09 PM
I like the others don't see anything wrong I also re use the same bottle I wash it once a day and have no problems

jamie_n5
July 30th, 2016, 03:34 PM
I have used them over too. In fact I have my water glass that I have with me a lot for ice water and that hasn't been washed in months lol.

Endeavour
July 31st, 2016, 04:09 PM
I re use my water bottle as well, as long as you don't over use it and you do rinse it out and wash it every time you use it. Apparently the plastic can wear down over time and allow bacteria to get in so you don't want to be using the same water bottle over and over again :)

Madison78
September 4th, 2016, 09:59 PM
my understanding is not to reuse the bottle after some time due to the possibility of breeding bacteria where you put your mouth. so in other words, refilling over and over the same day and drinking it is fine, but refilling the bottle you used yesterday after it was sitting all night without washing it first is not recommended because it breeds bacteria.

Karkat
September 4th, 2016, 11:22 PM
I mean, definitely clean the bottle out every few days, otherwise, yeah, your mouth germs will gunk it the fuck up. But as far as like, refilling it, it doesn't matter.