PDA

View Full Version : Scope of boys in cheerleading

Danielle DaniYell
July 30th, 2016, 10:39 AM
Hi, I'm a male , and I'm into cheerleading . My school , though, does not offer a cheer team for boys , so I have to put up with being on the girls football cheerleading squad . I find it humiliating , but damn I'm just addicted to this stuff !
Any scope ?

Just JT
July 30th, 2016, 10:52 AM
Why do you need to have cheerleading teams that are gender specific. The teams should be open to males and females. Maybe get the school to change that, it's hard to change cultural stuff like that, but in today's world, seems like having boys and girls cheerleading as seperate almost seems idk, outdated tbh

Flapjack
July 30th, 2016, 11:00 AM
I agree with Just JT!:) I have seen many cheerleading teams with guys and girls and it works!:)

Danielle DaniYell
July 30th, 2016, 11:00 AM
Why do you need to have cheerleading teams that are gender specific. The teams should be open to males and females. Maybe get the school to change that, it's hard to change cultural stuff like that, but in today's world, seems like having boys and girls cheerleading as seperate almost seems idk, outdated tbh
I know , brother .
But it's a Christian school which is still very gender specific
like the boys can't have home economics and girls don't take part in most sports .
Cheerleading is considered an entirely female thing here , and there are no other boys who want to cheer other than me .

PlasmaHam
July 30th, 2016, 11:04 AM
I see nothing wrong with being on the girls cheerleading team. Colleges and such have guys being cheerleaders. Guys are typically needed when the heavy lifting is needed. Base of the pyramid, girls on shoulders, that sort of thing. No offense to women (call me:cool:) but guys are typically stronger and are better for such. Just look up college cheerleading competitions. There are always some guys there throwing the girls, lifting the girls, basically doing all the hardwork while the girls get the credit.

If you want to do cheerleading, go ahead! I would suggest you get in pretty good shape, and then you could become a valuable asset to the team. Just don't let them put a skirt on you.:P

Danielle DaniYell
July 30th, 2016, 11:11 AM
I see nothing wrong with being on the girls cheerleading team. Colleges and such have guys being cheerleaders. Guys are typically needed when the heavy lifting is needed. Base of the pyramid, girls on shoulders, that sort of thing. No offense to women (call me:cool:) but guys are typically stronger and are better for such. Just look up college cheerleading competitions. There are always some guys there throwing the girls, lifting the girls, basically doing all the hardwork while the girls get the credit.

If you want to do cheerleading, go ahead! I would suggest you get in pretty good shape, and then you could become a valuable asset to the team. Just don't let them put a skirt on you.:P
That's actually what I wanted . But my school team just won't change the traditional moves they always do to put on with guys . The thing that humiliates me is that I have to do all the same moves that girls have to .
Imo my shape has always been suited for this .

PlasmaHam
July 30th, 2016, 11:16 AM
That's actually what I wanted . But my school team just won't change the traditional moves they always do to put on with guys . The thing that humiliates me is that I have to do all the same moves that girls have to .
Imo my shape has always been suited for this .

Oh, well maybe you ought to try to convince the school and coach otherwise. Learn a few new moves with your teammates when you have extra time, and then show it to your coach. They might consider changing when you show that you can do it.

Just JT
July 30th, 2016, 11:21 AM
Yeah catholic schools are a bit different, so glad I'm outa that myself tbh. I didn't gel well with the principals of my old school at all.

Sounds like your getting some good advise here for others. You may need to adapt to their structure the best you can, and male recommendations where possible to make it work better for you

Danielle DaniYell
July 30th, 2016, 11:34 AM
Yeah catholic schools are a bit different, so glad I'm outa that myself tbh. I didn't gel well with the principals of my old school at all.

Sounds like your getting some good advise here for others. You may need to adapt to their structure the best you can, and male recommendations where possible to make it work better for you

I'm already adapted to their styles and feel that I could continue doing this . What I'm worried about is that for city and state level competitions , I can't represent my school as a guy , and I don't think I'll go as a girl as I'm no gay .
Thanks for helping and I feel confident and think I can become a good cheerleader .