PDA

View Full Version : Billary vs. Mein Trumpf

Cadanance00
July 29th, 2016, 08:08 AM
It seems like this election is going come down to a contest of which candidate does the most to try to lose the election.

Let's just cancel it.

Leprous
July 29th, 2016, 08:09 AM
It seems like this election is going come down to a contest of which candidate does the most to try to lose the election.

Let's just cancel it.

Cancel it and kick Trump out seems fair to me. I mean come on, Donald!

Just JT
July 29th, 2016, 08:57 AM
Kick one out, fuck that, kick them both out, let's have our own election lol!!! And vote for a mod or admin to run the country!!
Yeah, that'll do it, can't be any worse than our current options right?
At least they got some people skills...

Stronk Serb
July 29th, 2016, 09:38 AM
Well, I started disliking Trump, and I dislike Hillary. I would to suggest ban both parties from attending the elections. Let's see some third party win for a change, but since nothing is going to be don about it, I'm for Trump.

mattsmith48
July 29th, 2016, 09:39 AM

Let's just cancel it.
What is Hillary doing to purposely lose this election?

Cancel it and kick Trump out seems fair to me. I mean come on, Donald!

Deport him to Russia

Abyssal Echo
July 29th, 2016, 09:43 AM
Kick one out, fuck that, kick them both out, let's have our own election lol!!! And vote for a mod or admin to run the country!!

Sounds good to me :D

Scarface for President!

Stronk Serb
July 29th, 2016, 09:49 AM

Well, at the Democrat National Convention her nomination wasn't greeted with a thunderous applause but with shouting of slogans in support of Bernie and of "Lock her up!" typical of Trump supporters.

Deport him to Russia

Then you should deport Hillary to ISIS.

Cadanance00
July 29th, 2016, 09:50 AM

Telling us how wonderful she is and being completely unaware of what motivates people to vote for trump and sanders, i.e. job loss, deindustrialization, fall in wages, majority of 18 to 34 y/os living at home cuz they can't afford to move out, continuous war. In other words, all the effects of massive redistribution of wealth to the 0.1%

She keeps talking like 30 years ago and those things don't exist. (cuz those things benefit her donors)

Leprous
July 29th, 2016, 09:51 AM
Deport him to Russia

Nah Syria

mattsmith48
July 29th, 2016, 10:05 AM
Well, at the Democrat National Convention her nomination wasn't greeted with a thunderous applause but with shouting of slogans in support of Bernie and of "Lock her up!" typical of Trump supporters.

Her not being applauded enough and Bernie supporters still being pissed doesnt show how shes trying to lose this election.

Then you should deport Hillary to ISIS.

Why?

Telling us how wonderful she is and being completely unaware of what motivates people to vote for trump and sanders, i.e. job loss, deindustrialization, fall in wages, majority of 18 to 34 y/os living at home cuz they can't afford to move out, continuous war. In other words, all the effects of massive redistribution of wealth to the 0.1%

She keeps talking like 30 years ago and those things don't exist. (cuz those things benefit her donors)

I think shes aware of those things she just doesnt say it or do anything about it, but Ive seen some positive stuff in her speech last night tho, You can see Bernie forced her to come more to the left, there is obviously alot more work to do, she should have said last night that shes stops accepting donations from billionaires, and come out to ban fracking and against the TPP.

nebula
July 29th, 2016, 10:11 AM
Nah Syria

Seems about right. He'd fit in great

Bull
July 29th, 2016, 10:17 AM
Face it folks, one of these people is going to be President of the USA. Bitching about it will not change it. Bern or Bust people, your guy lost. Move on. Americans now have to choose the next president. Realistically we have two choices. Choose one and vote. Not voting is just unacceptable. For me I cannot support my party nominee (DT). He is an arrogant, racist, bully, prig who thinks, wrongly, that he alone can fix anything. I agree with the other party nominee (HC) that it takes a village to work together of find and implement solutions to world problems, therefore I will be casting my first presidential election ballot for Secretary Clinton. And I hope congress will get off its collective duff and become part of the solution rather than continue to be a major part of the problem. This is my opinion, you are free to your own opinion and I will not be engaging in any debate. Everyone has the right to be wrong! Just saying . . . .

Cadanance00
July 29th, 2016, 10:20 AM
Face it folks, one of these people is going to be President of the USA. Bitching about it will not change it. Bern or Bust people, your guy lost. Move on. Americans now have to choose the next president. Realistically we have two choices. Choose one and vote. Not voting is just unacceptable. For me I cannot support my party nominee (DT). He is an arrogant, racist, bully, prig who thinks, wrongly, that he alone can fix anything. I agree with the other party nominee (HC) that it takes a village to work together of find and implement solutions to world problems, therefore I will be casting my first presidential election ballot for Secretary Clinton. And I hope congress will get off its collective duff and become part of the solution rather than continue to be a major part of the problem. This is my opinion, you are free to your own opinion and I will not be engaging in any debate. Everyone has the right to be wrong! Just saying . . . .

That's why I say cancel the election. It could only get worse.

Bull
July 29th, 2016, 10:27 AM
[QUOTE=Cadanance00;3404202]That's why I say cancel the election. QUOTE]

Not an option, sorry.

Dalcourt
July 29th, 2016, 10:30 AM
That's why I say cancel the election. It could only get worse.

and if the election is cancelled what then? another 4 years of Obama? Anarchy? Or what ?

Sailor Mars
July 29th, 2016, 10:47 AM
M-Mars for president?...

On a serious note, They both fucking suck.

nebula
July 29th, 2016, 10:49 AM
M-Mars for president?...

I want this! :P #MarsForPresident2016

Judean Zealot
July 29th, 2016, 11:01 AM
I would actually be cautiously optimistic at the prospect of the Clintons reoccupying the White House. Not as happy as I would've been with the prospect of Jeb Bush, though.

lyhom
July 29th, 2016, 11:01 AM

Let's just cancel it.

http://www.banklawyersblog.com/.a/6a00d8341c652b53ef013480307733970c-800wi

Vlerchan
July 29th, 2016, 11:46 AM
job loss
US has one of the lowest unemployment rates in the developed world and I suspect it's fallen to the natural rate.

deindustrialization
Inevitable - and not a necessarily bad thing - whether or not we fetishise manufacturing jobs.

fall in wages
Wages have polarised: median overall-compensation is on the rise when we account for healtcare insurance and other benefits otherwise.

majority of 18 to 34 y/os living at home cuz they can't afford to move out
Because of an inflexible housing market - homeowners - and poor planning regulations are encouraging an asset bubble.

There is probably other factors. It's not 'the rich' though.

In other words, all the effects of massive redistribution of wealth to the 0.1%
No. No its not.

Sometimes it's good to think about these things.

against the TPP
Clinton is - quite unfortunately - against TPP.

Voice_Of_Unreason
July 29th, 2016, 12:49 PM
The United States needs major election reforms. Its too late for this election, but something needs to be done to prevent another tweedle dee vs tweedle dum election.

The Alternative voting method sounds good with me.

Sailor Mars
July 29th, 2016, 02:17 PM
VT Daily Chronicle :arrow: ROTW

Vlerchan
July 29th, 2016, 02:36 PM
The United States needs major election reforms. Its too late for this election, but something needs to be done to prevent another tweedle dee vs tweedle dum election.
I wouldn't hold your breath on this.

The politicians with the power to pass these laws have no incentive to ever pass these laws.

candorgen
July 29th, 2016, 05:31 PM
The first impression of cancelling the US election sounds like a nice thing to me.
Immediately afterward I remind myself of the probable situation that the US will fracture if such a thing would happen.

We might as well enjoy these last few months in this topic as much as we can, but of course probably with added worry/shock that masquerades as general caution.

For the sake of entertainment and anticipating the more ""interesting"" future scenario, I actually fundamentally want Trump to win. This is what this election race has done to me!

I wouldn't hold your breath on this.

I like that particular emphasis on the " n't " :P .

Flapjack
July 29th, 2016, 05:37 PM
You can't just cancel elections XD Those are the nominees the people chose. The USA is a democracy and so the people should choose their leader.

everlong
July 29th, 2016, 05:39 PM
What ever happened to Deez Nuts? I was really thinking he was the perfect fit for our next president.

candorgen
July 29th, 2016, 05:48 PM
What ever happened to Deez Nuts? I was really thinking he was the perfect fit for our next president.

The ultimate political saviour manifests in mysterious ways.

Just JT
July 29th, 2016, 06:27 PM
M-Mars for president?...

On a serious note, They both fucking suck.

I'm down for that shit yo!!!

I'll say it again!!

Sounds good to me :D

Scarface for President!

Don't know him, but sure, I'll go with that, what about ImCoolBeans and Emerald Dream They both got good skills right, kik ass, take names, putem on a list and wait there till I say....

I want this! :P #MarsForPresident2016

Hell yeah!!!
But we can't make classic rock illegal ok?

Abyssal Echo
July 29th, 2016, 08:43 PM
Don't know him
Don't feel bad JT I'd say the majority of people on VT today don't know who Scarface is/was.

Voice_Of_Unreason
July 29th, 2016, 08:46 PM
#MarsforPresident2016

This needs to happen, or atleast become a thing on the forums.

StoppingTom
July 29th, 2016, 08:52 PM

I will fight Mars in hand to hand combat for the Presidency.

Voice_Of_Unreason
July 29th, 2016, 09:00 PM
Hey, why can't we have our own elections? Nothing serious of course, but why not do a mock election on VT? Seems like that would be both fun and entertaining, with a pinch of education.

mattsmith48
July 30th, 2016, 12:40 AM
You can't just cancel elections XD Those are the nominees the people chose. The USA is a democracy and so the people should choose their leader.

I agree you cant canceled the election just because one candidate is corrupt and the other is the new Hitler, sometimes in live you have to make a choice between two shitty options this is one of those situation, just pick the least worst and I still think whoever wins will not be re-elected in 4 years. Trump wont be re-elected if he wins because they wont be anything left alive on earth and unless Hillary actually listen to her voters and do what she promise to do, she wont be re-elected either.

Dalcourt
July 30th, 2016, 01:45 AM
I guess you guys all overestimate our dear Donald...he will win the election turn American in an even greater shithole than it is now (his make America great again put ot reality). After those four years people will be bummed but due to the lack of any great Democrat candidate will vote for him a second time and the after that the world will just be as always. No world war III, no other catastrophes...
We don't need to manifest our own flaws and stupidity just in one person...if the world goes down it isn't the fault of Donald Trump but of all of us.

Uniquemind
July 30th, 2016, 02:05 AM
I'm all for a mock VT election and we can debate and then "vote" in November in the VT Arcade section.

--

With that said I'm being a pragmatist here and not and never will expect a sinless candidate for president. But there is always good and bad that comes with each one and you got to measure out either a net benefit or deficit.

For me Donald has been extremely bully-like in how he talks, leverages, mocks the disabled, various minorities and women. His popularity is akin to a rebellious class clown who gains authority by the masses on irrational grounds.

It's up to the voters though in real life, we shall see. A lot of us unfortunately are stuck powerless waiting for the 18+ crowd to do the wise and right thing.

Vlerchan
July 30th, 2016, 04:57 AM
I believe Sir Suomi suggested a mock election and had it shot down. Nonetheless I'm all for it.

We can have candidate debates right here in rotw.

Sailor Mars
July 30th, 2016, 05:21 AM
I will fight Mars in hand to hand combat for the Presidency.

u wanna fuckin Razzle dazzle m8 lets go

No holds bar meet me at the pokemon gym at the whitehouse lets fuckin get it

Just JT
July 30th, 2016, 06:06 AM
Already called some of you out in an election of Mars in another thread. Never saw it coming we'd talk about it here lol!!!

dxcxdzv
July 30th, 2016, 06:44 AM
I believe Sir Suomi suggested a mock election and had it shot down. Nonetheless I'm all for it.

We can have candidate debates right here in rotw.
Haven't you proposed back in the day a sort of "parliament model"?
Btw I already assisted on a French politic debate forum to "fake" elections, it didn't fly really high.
My Nazi Party hasn't even been allowed...

Vlerchan
July 30th, 2016, 08:12 AM
Haven't you proposed back in the day a sort of "parliament model"?
Yeah. But in the end I decided it wasn't going to work with 8 or so people participating.

Running a presidential race would be easier to manage.

Judean Zealot
July 30th, 2016, 01:20 PM
I shall not put my name on the ballot. I refuse to attribute my stellar career as Supreme Leader to mere mobocracy; I am rather a comet of brilliance soaring above a sea of mediocrity; Demosthenes and Napoleon combined in one.

Falcons_11
July 30th, 2016, 06:53 PM
After watching the spectacle of Republican and Democrat conventions an election should be called to ask the Brits if they would be willing to take us back?

God Save The Queen!

mattsmith48
July 30th, 2016, 08:18 PM
After watching the spectacle of Republican and Democrat conventions an election should be called to ask the Brits if they would be willing to take us back?

God Save The Queen!

If they saw those convention I dont think the UK wants the US back

Judean Zealot
July 30th, 2016, 08:36 PM

God Save The Queen!

I think the Democratic convention was quite alright, actually. "Billary" is actually far more appealing than "Hillary".

Voice_Of_Unreason
July 30th, 2016, 09:24 PM
I think the Democratic convention was quite alright, actually. "Billary" is actually far more appealing than "Hillary".

Well, besides the minority checklist, wildly inappropriate BLM chants , Bernie supporters, paid actors, cheering over breaking the law, 2nd Amendment disappearance, and disrespect toward the police guarding the place, I guess it went okay

Judean Zealot
July 30th, 2016, 09:51 PM
Well, besides the minority checklist, wildly inappropriate BLM chants , Bernie supporters, paid actors, cheering over breaking the law, 2nd Amendment disappearance, and disrespect toward the police guarding the place, I guess it went okay

You mean, besides for a relatively small yet loud gang of unruly protesters and constitutional interpretation you disagree with. It's truly astonishing how you people can see these non-issues on equal level as the deplorable policy and willful ignorance ("lock her up") on constant display at the Republican Convention. And I say this as a strong opponent of contemporary liberalism.

Voice_Of_Unreason
July 30th, 2016, 10:15 PM
You mean, besides for a relatively small yet loud gang of unruly protesters and constitutional interpretation you disagree with. It's truly astonishing how you people can see these non-issues on equal level as the deplorable policy and willful ignorance ("lock her up") on constant display at the Republican Convention. And I say this as a strong opponent of contemporary liberalism.

Both are problematic. I am just saying that contemporary liberalism is no more in the Democratic Party. You have to be a radical social justice warrior anti-police leftist or you are out. The DNC was such on the extreme fringes edge of the left that it alienates so many traditional leftists, while the RNC is very broad.

There were some serious problems with the DNC, just check some clips, it gets downright frightening at times.

Judean Zealot
July 30th, 2016, 10:20 PM
Both are problematic. I am just saying that contemporary liberalism is no more in the Democratic Party. You have to be a radical social justice warrior anti-police leftist or you are out. The DNC was such on the extreme fringes edge of the left that it alienates so many traditional leftists, while the RNC is very broad.

There were some serious problems with the DNC, just check some clips, it gets downright frightening at times.

Neither Bill Clinton, nor Michael Bloomberg, nor for that matter Barack Obama, are "radical social justice warrior anti-police leftists". Despite a few token and symbolic gestures to the left wing of the party the convention was a decisive victory for the moderate wing of the party. You have to differentiate between noise and substance.

Stronk Serb
July 31st, 2016, 09:18 AM
I hereby anounce my candidacy for the VT presidential elections. I name Judean Zealot as my prime minister and phuckphace as my minister of interior if we are doing a European style parliamentary democracy.

Flapjack
July 31st, 2016, 10:02 AM
I hereby anounce my candidacy for the VT presidential elections. I name @Judean Zealot (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/member.php?u=116847) as my prime minister and @phuckphace (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/member.php?u=72511) as my minister of interior if we are doing a European style parliamentary democracy.
You mean that thing JT is doing?XD

bandofbros20
July 31st, 2016, 12:23 PM
I'm hoping one of the independents will win but I don't have really high hopes

Voice_Of_Unreason
July 31st, 2016, 12:31 PM
I'm hoping one of the independents will win but I don't have really high hopes

Yea, don't we all. This election is around 2 radicals and what we need is someone with some sense. Of course, money is what wins elections, and the independent cannot challenge the big two when it comes to that.

James_Wilson
July 31st, 2016, 12:39 PM
Donald is a business man. He has been bankrupt a couple times but look at him. He's still a billionaire. Hillary on the other hand is a shape-shifting lizard person who's using the moon matrix to brainwash people. I'm Canadian so i obviously have no business talking about the issue but those are just my thoughts.

mattsmith48
July 31st, 2016, 05:17 PM
Donald is a business man. He has been bankrupt a couple times but look at him. He's still a billionaire. Hillary on the other hand is a shape-shifting lizard person who's using the moon matrix to brainwash people. I'm Canadian so i obviously have no business talking about the issue but those are just my thoughts.

Actually theres is pretty good chance hes not a billionaire anymore or that he ever was one.

Vlerchan
July 31st, 2016, 05:17 PM
This election is around 2 radicals and what we need is someone with some sense.
Clinton is a radical? Seriously?

dxcxdzv
July 31st, 2016, 05:22 PM
Donald is a business man. He has been bankrupt a couple times but look at him. He's still a billionaire. Hillary on the other hand is a shape-shifting lizard person who's using the moon matrix to brainwash people.
I don't even know why one's fortune is a valid argument here.
"This guy's billionaire, he must be right."

Actually theres is pretty good chance hes not a billionaire anymore or that he ever was one.
Trump's fixed assets are worth more than 2 billion dollars according to Forbes.
I'm quite confident in his rich-son-of-a-bitch status.

mattsmith48
July 31st, 2016, 05:40 PM
Trump's fixed assets are worth more than 2 billion dollars according to Forbes.
I'm quite confident in his rich-son-of-a-bitch status.

Trump is rich I just dont think its likely hes really a billionaire. Even if hes really worth 2 billion thats pretty far from the 10 billion he said hes worth. He got 4 of his business bankrupt including casinos (a business where people literally give you money for nothing), plus that his campaign was broke a month ago and he doesnt want to release his tax returns, His only current business are his golf course and selling his name to put on buildings and Billionaires dont start a fake university just to steal money from people.

dxcxdzv
July 31st, 2016, 05:47 PM
Trump is rich I just dont think its likely hes really a billionaire. Even if hes really worth 2 billion thats pretty far from the 10 billion he said hes worth. He got 4 of his business bankrupt including casinos (a business where people literally give you money for nothing), plus that his campaign was broke a month ago and he doesnt want to release his tax returns, His only current business are his golf course and selling his name to put on buildings and Billionaires dont start a fake university just to steal money from people.
A billionaire is someone who capitalizes a personal fortune of $1 Billion Dollars or more.
Trump actually owns ~$3.3 Billion of buildings (probably more), + his golf and other fixed assets (which includes planes, cars etc).
He then has ~$4.5 Billions in assets. So unless he has more than $3.5 Billions of debt we can easily state that his capital is of at least $1 Billion.
All of those data are from Forbes.

mattsmith48
July 31st, 2016, 06:14 PM
A billionaire is someone who capitalizes a personal fortune of $1 Billion Dollars or more.
Trump actually owns ~$3.3 Billion of buildings (probably more), + his golf and other fixed assets (which includes planes, cars etc).
He then has ~$4.5 Billions in assets. So unless he has more than $3.5 Billions of debt we can easily state that his capital is of at least $1 Billion.
All of those data are from Forbes.

So why would someone worth 4.5 billion fraud that many people or refuse to release his tax returns when every other candidates did it?

dxcxdzv
July 31st, 2016, 06:17 PM
So why would someone worth 4.5 billion fraud that many people or refuse to release his tax returns when every other candidates did it?
Oh jeez, a rich dude who's reluctant to release his tax returns. Gotta call Santa Claus.

Vlerchan
July 31st, 2016, 06:17 PM
So why would someone worth 4.5 billion fraud that many people [...]
Because they're a greedy fucker.

or refuse to release his tax returns when every other candidates did it?
Because they abuse the tax system (because they're a greedy fucker).

mattsmith48
July 31st, 2016, 06:39 PM
Because they're a greedy fucker.

That explain why he doesnt give the money to charity when he said he was going to, it doesnt explain why he would go in all that trouble to create a fake university to fraud a few people.

Because they abuse the tax system (because they're a greedy fucker).

Thats is the only other reason he would refuse to release his tax returns so its that or hes worth alot less than he says.

Vlerchan
July 31st, 2016, 06:40 PM
That explain why he doesnt give the money to charity when he said he was going to, it doesnt explain why he would go in all that trouble to create a fake university to fraud a few people.
Both acts are committed to the same end, to make a bit of cash.

mattsmith48
July 31st, 2016, 06:42 PM
Both acts are committed to the same end, to make a bit of cash.

So than why would someone worth 4.5 billions do this?

Vlerchan
July 31st, 2016, 06:43 PM
Re., greedy fucker.

Like, honestly, why does someone worth more than 100 million make much of an effort to earn at all? (Other than enjoying their work).

dxcxdzv
July 31st, 2016, 06:46 PM
Thats is the only other reason he would refuse to release his tax returns so its that or hes worth alot less than he says.
Didn't you ever think that someone like Trump would have - perhaps - some "obscure" areas in his accounting that he doesn't want people to know?
Or simply that he knows for a fact that yelling to everyone all of his entries is not really a good thing?

This is Trump. Even if he were Rockefeller he'd still try to make a bit of extra cash.

Like, honestly, why does someone worth more than 100 million make much of an effort to earn at all? (Other than enjoying their work).
Actually, having ass loads of money is not perceived as a finality in itself, this is more of an arcade game.

mattsmith48
July 31st, 2016, 07:49 PM
Didn't you ever think that someone like Trump would have - perhaps - some "obscure" areas in his accounting that he doesn't want people to know?
Or simply that he knows for a fact that yelling to everyone all of his entries is not really a good thing?

Come on its Trump were talking about hes exacly the kind of guy who would brag about what he owns and make. And either not paying what he should in taxes or not being worth what hes saying he is are the two only reason a candidate like Trump wouldnt release his tax returns.

This is Trump. Even if he were Rockefeller he'd still try to make a bit of extra cash.

Re., greedy fucker.

Reise and Vlerchan youve both said it he did it to make a bit of extra cash, why would someone worth 4.5 billions go to that much trouble to create a fake university and risk to get caught and go to jail for a bit of extra cash? If someone worth that much decide to commit fraud it would be for more than a few millions

dxcxdzv
July 31st, 2016, 08:06 PM
Come on its Trump were talking about hes exacly the kind of guy who would brag about what he owns and make. And either not paying what he should in taxes or not being worth what hes saying he is are the two only reason a candidate like Trump wouldnt release his tax returns.
I don't mean to be rude but you seem to know very little about the world of business.
You can say whatever you want about Trump but you don't go from 40M to 4.5B without knowing some basics.
And one of the basics is to control the information about you, or to be clearer, make the person you are negotiating with only know what you want them person to know.

Reise and Vlerchan youve both said it he did it to make a bit of extra cash, why would someone worth 4.5 billions go to that much trouble to create a fake university and risk to get caught and go to jail for a bit of extra cash? If someone worth that much decide to commit fraud it would be for more than a few millions
Actually, having ass loads of money is not perceived as a finality in itself, this is more of an arcade game.

mattsmith48
July 31st, 2016, 09:24 PM
I don't mean to be rude but you seem to know very little about the world of business.
You can say whatever you want about Trump but you don't go from 40M to 4.5B without knowing some basics.
And one of the basics is to control the information about you, or to be clearer, make the person you are negotiating with only know what you want them person to know.

Trump obviously know a little about business, you dont get out of 4 bankruptcies with that much money with out knowing anything about business. That being said, this is not a business transaction or a negociation, this is an election for president of the US and when you run for president in the US people expect and demand you to release your tax returns. Trump not releasing them is kinda suspicious and make people think hes hiding something, Hillary, the candidate Trump keep saying can't be trusted, as release and posted on her website her tax returns for the last 8 years.

Leprous
July 31st, 2016, 10:40 PM
After his little 'speech'. How can Trump supporters still like this cunt?

mattsmith48
July 31st, 2016, 11:00 PM

Thats very insulting to cunts

Porpoise101
August 1st, 2016, 10:33 PM
Because to them, Hill is a demon lizard satan spawn who was behind the death of millions of americans and is part of an evil new world order globalist agenda.

Maybe a bit exaggerated, but you get the point.

candorgen
August 3rd, 2016, 05:38 PM

Trump did pontificate quite a bit on how he'll have his tax returns / etc easily and confidently released before any other candidate, many months ago.

Though (of course) it is too much to ask Trump of this (taking most of his actions in the past year), he could try some consistency with this aspect of his candidacy.