PDA

View Full Version : Pilot

Xman31
July 29th, 2016, 07:49 AM
So any people studying aviation? Like anyone. Could you tell me the stuff you learn in college? Because I LOOOOOVE flying. 19 hour flight? YAYAYAYAY. I always wanted to become a pilot. Can people studying the topic tell me some stuff you need to know? Because I want to start now so I can ace later (no pun intended) I pretty much know all Boeing aircraft inside out, I want to do the techy stuff now. I'm not much of a math wiz so nothing REALLY mathy just the topics you will have to study. So if anyone wants to help just leave everything I need to study down there in a comments....'

Mars
July 29th, 2016, 07:53 AM
Aviation requires math tho? Gotta b good at that to be a pilot lol

Flapjack
July 29th, 2016, 09:25 AM
I would research what pilot you want to be and find out whether or not you can afford the school. I looked into being a commercial pilot and could have done it quite easily but could not afford to go to the school because it was no elegable for a goverment loan. Physics would be a really good subject to study.

devotionnel
July 29th, 2016, 10:46 AM
I can imagine maths and physics coming into it. I bet flight school is quite expensive too, so make sure you (or your family :P) have enough to fund for it.

Endeavour
July 29th, 2016, 04:47 PM
Woah cool aspiration to have! Flight training providers tend to give priority to the better maths/sciences candidates so that cod be something to think about. As Shanie (@twentyonehorizons) has said above finance could also be something to think about. For example I saw a Virgin Atlantic training course could be 101,000. Although in some cases this is paid back through your salary once your qualified so it's worth doing some research about the specific path you would want to follow. Good luck !

Flapjack
July 29th, 2016, 09:05 PM
Maybe join the military and get their training and then after your years of service you can leave and fly civilian aircraft. The UK military wants you to stay with them for 10 years after they pay for your uni and I assume it would be a similar thing for flight school:)